Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 12:06 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times

Advertisements

No
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 01:06 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,769,167 times
If cap & tax,carbon credits,etc get passed thats the final nail in the coffin of..
Our economy.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:14 PM

5,477 posts, read 12,250,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
To me, it's more of a treaty to transfer wealth from the industrialized nations to the poor nations.
Actual emissions controls seem secondary to this treaty. It's all about paying a percentage of a nation's GDP to poorer nations only the money goes to the UN.

Here's another Canadian article that describes this at a higher level. Interesting read. I don't see it as a power grab but more of a money grab. The UN though will get to set, approve and modify the emission reduction numbers a country submits and can deny their plan. Basically the UN gets to mandate environmental policy for a nation through approval/denial of a nation's plan. That's how I read it.

Climate 'debt' comes due (http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=2088729&p=2 - broken link)

So would this mean the US had to fork over a percentage of their GDP to the UN and then we get cap and trade on top of this ?

Geeze I really hope it falls apart and doesn't get signed.
These two things are not mutually exclusive. Grab the money and you have the control.

I'm sure this is a sign of things to come here. See how much the UK likes this idea. Pretty clear by reading the comments after the article.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/env...allowance.html

Old 11-15-2009, 09:38 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | Apec leaders drop climate target

World leaders meeting in Singapore have said it will not be possible to reach a climate change deal ahead of next month's UN conference in Denmark.

Quote:
After a two-day Asia-Pacific summit, they vowed to work towards an "ambitious outcome" in Copenhagen.

But the group dropped a target to halve greenhouse gas emissions by 2050, which was outlined in an earlier draft.
Ah, common sense has prevailed...at least for now. Not everyone is willing to destroy their economies based on a hoax.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:42 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,448,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
In less than one month Obama will be asked to sign away the sovereignty of the US to an, as of now, unformed international government. The rest of the world thinks that he can sign a treaty at Copenhagen and give up our sovereignty. They think the Constitution is no longer the most important law of the US. Why would they? Obama has been ignoring it long enough to make them believe that it is no longer in effect. Most of them don't know that 2/3 of our Senators have to vote for that thing before it becomes law in the US.

Obama will attempt this very thing. He will go along with all those third world countries to redistribute the wealth of the US to them. Now he has to convince the "house of Harry" that this is necessary. I wonder how Dirty Harry Reid will talk that many Senators into the game. Forty of them are guaranteed NO voters so he has to convince 7 of them to go along. Can he do that? Will those of you from Nevada vote for him, if he does even try? I sure hope not.
Oh yes, I am sure thats exactly what he is going to do AND I am equally sure that he has no right to be the president because he isn't even American and of course there is that problem with him being muslim and having his extra wives chained in the basement of the white house, you do realize that Michelle is just a front, the prettiest one, thats the ONLY reason she isn't chained in the basement along with the others. Of course this was some kind of plot from before he was born started by the muslim world to take over the US. Thats no doubt why this white woman had a child with a black muslim man.

The other countries around the world are no doubt are paying Obama under the table to sign these evil papers so there will be NO MORE ONE NATION UNDER GOD !!!

""heavy sarcasm""
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies