Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2009, 07:36 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Or, perhaps the show has an agenda, with selective targets.

It's that liberal conspiracy network, now infiltrating the comedy channel. How will our country ever be the same? Somebody pass me a hanky....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 07:46 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
then you totally missed the point.
I don't theeenk so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
They may appear to get down and dirty, but at the end of the day they do this to make you laugh.
Are you guys serious?

Old 11-14-2009, 07:55 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
The ones over 50 years old know a dead fish when they smell one too.
Someday, the king of comedy at faux, glen beck will be finished.
And people at the comedy channel will remain, and go on making jokes about how the right wing in this country likes to twist truth.
Murdock had better not ever croak, faux won't know what to do.
my dad is 67 and DVR's the Daily show and Colbert Report every day.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
my dad is 67 and DVR's the Daily show and Colbert Report every day.
Sounds like an early boomer.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:55 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Seems like his supporters totally glossed over your issue, which kind of validates your sentiments.
Precisely. As someone put it: It's Over.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:30 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,029,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Faux should follow suit, and come up with shows of their own to bite us liberals back. But, we all know how they are at faux, serious fear mongering and no laughing permitted!
Perfect place for Dobbs.
I was thinking the same thing.. there are plenty of comedy shows with a bias against conservatives (neo-cons). But not a single comedy show that I know of that is on the neo-con side. Must be because the neo-cons say and do plenty of things to laugh about, when they are trying to be serious.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:14 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Maybe, maybe not.

Given the several threads referencing the Daily Show which are currently running on the Forum, I thought a dissenting point of view might be in order -- one which points out the consistently partisan support which Mr. "Stewart" provides for the majority party, and his troubling fixation with silencing the one opposition media source currently in business.

My point concerned the media and its power to direct opinion -- even when it is in the guise of satire. Many posters here feel that I should be personally attacked for even raising the issue. It was not my intetion to provoke their enmity. I wanted to discuss the larger issue.

So maybe you're right.
May I ask what SPECIFICALLY in Stewart's show do you have a problem with?? You claimed he has lied, well what did Stewart lie about??

Old 11-14-2009, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Maybe, maybe not.

Given the several threads referencing the Daily Show which are currently running on the Forum, I thought a dissenting point of view might be in order -- one which points out the consistently partisan support which Mr. "Stewart" provides for the majority party, and his troubling fixation with silencing the one opposition media source currently in business.

My point concerned the media and its power to direct opinion -- even when it is in the guise of satire. Many posters here feel that I should be personally attacked for even raising the issue. It was not my intetion to provoke their enmity. I wanted to discuss the larger issue.

So maybe you're right.
The difference between Faux Comedy and the Daily Show consists mostly of the intelligence level of the respective audiences.

Those of lower intelligence need to be told what to think.

Those of higher intelligence are always looking to capture and expand their thoughts.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:46 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,666,242 times
I am sorry but even as a conservative I find his show remarkably clever and funny.
I really am shocked that some feel sooooooo threatened by comedy...but I must be out of touch with reality because I can't imagine anyone mistaking it for a news broadcast either.
IMHO its greatly entertaining and that is the extent of the impact.

WOW.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:48 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
By the way Stewart IS his real name, he and his wife both legally changed their surnames in June of 2001........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies