Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 07:58 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,931,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
And this is his fault...how?

"'We report what the recipients submit to us,' said Ed Pound, Communications Director for the Board."

more at OP's linked article.
Even for you this kind of attempt at defending the Democrats seems lame. I guess the same logic can be applied to the war?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
So last week, it was about the lady in Florida who when told to multiply by 1.84% multiplied by 1.84 instead of .0184 and so came up with 935 jobs instead of 9. Big deal. Now, it's typo's on what district the recipient is in. 99th wasn't supposed to be 9th, I suppose? These are reports filled out by thousands of people out in the field who are proficient in health or education or whatever. They've never see these forms before. They are going make a lot of mistakes in filling them out. Fact of life.

All that threads like this do is underscore the desperation of the right-wing. There is nothing to see here. There is no issue. You want reports that have been fully checked and verified with call-backs done to clear up all the non-obvious mistakes and other uncertainties? Great...you can have that in about three months. During which time you'll whine that the administration is covering up by trying to hide the real data from you. What a joke...

All that threads like this do is underscore the desperation of the right-wing.

More like the incompetence of the left wing loons. I know it hurts but you will eventually get over it. Say the following, I made a mistake, I made a mistake, I made a mistake. Feeling better yet?

Old 11-22-2009, 08:02 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah! Just like the stimulus worked as designed! It really is amazing that anyone can claim (well, just you actually, since obama's point man is admitting to the humiliation) that this mess has worked as designed.

Was it designed to confuse and leave thousands of recipients clueless? Was it designed to spew out nothing but a bunch of useless garbage that is basically meaningless? Was it designed to force the administration into a mea culpa and then scramble to "fix" the "logic" errors? If you say it was designed to embarrass obama and create a sense that he has lost all credibility on the subject....ok then, I agree. Was it designed so the point man could claim he cannot certify or verify the veracity of the numbers? Was it designed to undermine all confidence in the future and leave those looking at the information with a sense of suspicion?
No matter how long this is debated tit-for-tat, the result is summarized in the paragraph above. Any credibility this administration had - on any matter -has been called into question. We'll never again listen to their pronouncements without wondering and questioning. Actually, that's a GOOD thing.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
But that's not what we want to hear

"He's a witch! Burn 'im!"
Deflecting the truth?

Old 11-22-2009, 08:04 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
Quote:
It is a side issue. Way to the side. The situation in the real world does not change because someone made a mistake while filling out a form. You're never going to hear anyone say, "Yeah, I was hanging new drywall in the nursery, when all of a sudden the whole damn building just disappeared!!! Left me standing in the middle of an empty field!!! It was kind of weird at the time, but later I found out that Bob had put the wrong Congressional district on some form, so that's all it was."
Try many, many mistakes. To the point where one wonders if they are trying to cook the books. Where is all the transparency? I thought you people promised transparency?

Old 11-22-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
So AGAIN, why were ALL mistakes on the positive/plus side???? Why no mistakes on the negative/minus side???? A bit "fishy" to use a Bambi term.
Some people with blinders can't see the reality when it slaps him in the face.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Actually, I've been involved in that sort of thing since the 1970's. Back in the day when a 128K mainframe system wouldn't fit in your living room. As for your IT professionals, DBA's, developers, and programmers, their job is to support the mission as it is defined. As Reported by Recipients.

LOL. That's stretch All the accounts AND reports that you bother to read are quite obviously not all the accounts and reports.

Ah, spin. I was kind of waiting for that one. That's the one that comes out as soon as you've run out of right-wing homilies with which to attempt to deflect the facts. All then becomes just spin. You wave your Spin Magic Wand at it and...POOF!!!...it is gone.

CBO said the stimulus has so far created between 600K and 1533K jobs.

I'm sorry you are so completely out of the loop. As I said, the group of people who know what they are talking about does not always include you.
Not bad for a lowly public servant.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Well, to bring you up to date, there is no such thing as Santa Claus, but there is such a things as jobs saved.
I can't believe you are still attempting this lame deflection. It is getting pretty boring, deflecting from the obvious incompetence and lies about jobs created/saved.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Of course not. The data are being submitted by many thousands of Americans all over the country. Exactly as intended. Who can vouch for the math skills and clarity of understanding of each and every one of them? Recovery.gov said long before the fist batch of data was run up that they would contain mistakes and errors. They do. Gosh!!!
And a lame administration touted them as fact. I said lame but maybe more incompetence.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:26 AM

After reading this entire thread I would like to nominate Sangy for some kind of recognition of some sorts. Anyone that is willing to put so much BS out there, to be pounded so easily deserves something in my mind. I almost admire someone that is willing to put themselves out there for such a lame cause, defending the indefensible.

Do I hear any seconds?

I am done, I can't stand the carnage anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies