Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 08:07 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times

Advertisements

Obama arrived on the base 3:19 p.m. local time (1 a.m. Eastern Standard Time), and received a rousing welcome from 1,500 troops in camouflage uniforms, many holding cameras or pointing cell phones to snap pictures.

"You guys make a pretty good photo op," the president said.

White House aides: No Afghan decision before Thanksgiving
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 08:11 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,687,105 times
Soldiers do make a good photo op. Nothing wrong with what he said. Standing among our fighting soldiers in their uniforms displaying our countries colors in the background is an excellent photo op for the president. He is proud of the military. Thats a good thing.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Soldiers do make a good photo op. Nothing wrong with what he said. Standing among our fighting soldiers in their uniforms displaying our countries colors in the background is an excellent photo op for the president. He is proud of the military. Thats a good thing.
So using them for a photo op because thats what you do when you create a photo op is use something means hes proud of them

Excuse me while I use you but know I am proud of you. Yeah ok

Excuse me while I use you to make me look good its a good thing

Old 11-19-2009, 08:14 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,429,021 times
When you put this man in front of cameras without the TOTUS, this is what you get. The truth about what he thinks.

...sigh...

Old 11-19-2009, 08:16 AM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,848 times
I heard there's a rumor out that he farted too.

Honestly, you RWers are so lost, hanging on every article and every comment, digging and probing, looking for anything you can to try to make the guy look bad.

The desperation is palpable.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:18 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
When you put this man in front of cameras without the TOTUS, this is what you get. The truth.

...sigh...
I wish people would use words instead of letters and then maybe one could know what TOTUS is. I have no idea what you just tried to say. You didn't say anything.

But as for Obama and the troops. He has been rude and condescending to them on may occasions and seems to have no respect for them at all. Imagine telling people that were wounded fighting for our country that their insurance should pay for their medical bills. I don't think there is a company in this country that would get away with that, but the government is not supporting our troops as it should. I have nothing but disgust for this man.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
I heard there's a rumor out that he farted too.

Honestly, you RWers are so lost, hanging on every article and every comment, digging and probing, looking for anything you can to try to make the guy look bad.

The desperation is palpable.
So using his own words makes him look bad?

Old 11-19-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I wish people would use words instead of letters and then maybe one could know what TOTUS is. I have no idea what you just tried to say. You didn't say anything.

But as for Obama and the troops. He has been rude and condescending to them on may occasions and seems to have no respect for them at all. Imagine telling people that were wounded fighting for our country that their insurance should pay for their medical bills. I don't think there is a company in this country that would get away with that, but the government is not supporting our troops as it should. I have nothing but disgust for this man.
Totus = Teleprompter Of The United States

Old 11-19-2009, 08:31 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Totus = Teleprompter Of The United States
Thanks, I would never have put those two together. Beyond LOL, I don't know letter words. It even took me a while to figure that out. I got an e-mail about a Fox special show exposing Obama on Sunday night. Is this really going to happen or is this an old one that has been passed around for a while?

Old 11-19-2009, 08:38 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking 'You guys make a pretty good photo op'

Especially at Thanksgiving!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies