Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 11:50 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times

Advertisements

BOYCOTT ‘BEST BUY’ – They wish MUSLIMS “Happy EID” but won’t wish Christians “Merry Christmas” « Bare Naked Islam's Weblog
So as of 2006, their official policy has been to use Happy Holidays to be all inclusive and not use Merry Christmas. Guess that policy went out the window this year in their pandering to Muslims. Christmas is bad, except for all the sales money it brings retailers. But Muslim holidays are good. OK, this Christian is taking his money elsewhere this year cause Best Buy is off my list of stores to shop this holiday season. Instead of a jolly Santa, maybe they'll have someone dressed as a muslim suicide bomber to get people into the holiday spirit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 11:56 PM

221 posts, read 228,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
BOYCOTT ‘BEST BUY’ – They wish MUSLIMS “Happy EID” but won’t wish Christians “Merry Christmas” « Bare Naked Islam's Weblog
So as of 2006, their official policy has been to use Happy Holidays to be all inclusive and not use Merry Christmas. Guess that policy went out the window this year in their pandering to Muslims. Christmas is bad, except for all the sales money it brings retailers. But Muslim holidays are good. OK, this Christian is taking his money elsewhere this year cause Best Buy is off my list of stores to shop this holiday season. Instead of a jolly Santa, maybe they'll have someone dressed as a muslim suicide bomber to get people into the holiday spirit.
And when you shop at Walmart "made in the USA" are dirty words. How many Americans lost jobs because of their business practices? Merry Thanksgiving!

Old 11-24-2009, 11:56 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
THis should go in the "war on christmas" thread.

Happy Snowflake Day.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:43 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,532,090 times
When I go shopping at Best Buy, "holiday greetings" isn't on my list, so I couldn't care less what Best Buy does in that regard.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:46 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,060,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID65 View Post
And when you shop at Walmart "made in the USA" are dirty words. How many Americans lost jobs because of their business practices? Merry Thanksgiving!
And how many have been employed? Seriously, look it up, you might be amazed at the number of people who work for Wal-Mart or for a vendor specifically for Wal-Mart!

Old 11-25-2009, 01:01 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,306,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
That's good! Hopefully Best Buy won't be as packed if the Evangelicals flee to Wal-Mart. If this is all it takes to get rid of the good ole boys, i wish more stores pandered to Muslims. Maybe now the parking lot at Best Buy won't have raised trucks double parked.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:06 AM

96 posts, read 130,621 times
This is insane. I'm going to go raise hell about this tomorrow after getting an ad and confirming its not a random photoshop.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:06 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,774 times
People who need Target; Best Buy; etc., to acknowledge their particular religious beliefs are exposing their insecurity and the weakness of their faith.

I don't need PRIVATE COMPANIES to hold my hand. My beliefs are solid regardless of what some faceless entity does.

Also, I don't believe things just because a radical sounding blog says so. I have a feeling there is more to this story, not to mention, the OP's own link says that Best Buy DOES use "Christmas" sporadically in their ads. So the claim that they don't acknowledge it at all is false in the first place. A bunch up hyped-up, propagandized half-truths. They're just not using it enough to satisfy some people. We don't get to dictate how often private companies say "Christmas" in some twisted bid to reaffirm our beliefs.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:07 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,306,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
And how many have been employed? Seriously, look it up, you might be amazed at the number of people who work for Wal-Mart or for a vendor specifically for Wal-Mart!
That's because they eliminated their competition aka small business owners. They are one of the wealthiest companies in the world yet they don't offer benefits, pay low wages, and make employees work beyond their stated hours. It's one of the worst companies to work for. Ask anyone who has worked at Target vs Wal-Mart, and every time they will tell you Target knows how to treat employees well. Then again it was founded in Arkansas with good ole boy values so what do you expect?

Old 11-25-2009, 01:09 AM

96 posts, read 130,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
People who need Target; Best Buy; etc., to acknowledge their particular religious beliefs are exposing their insecurity and the weakness of their faith.

I don't need PRIVATE COMPANIES to hold my hand. My beliefs are solid regardless of what some faceless entity does.

Also, I don't believe things just because a radical sounding blog says so. I have a feeling there is more to this story, not to mention, the OP's own link says that Best Buy DOES use "Christmas" sporadically in their ads. So the claim that they don't acknowledge it at all is false in the first place. A bunch up hyped-up, propagandized half-truths. They're just not using it enough to satisfy some people. We don't get to dictate how often private companies say "Christmas" in some twisted bid to reaffirm our beliefs.
No, using "happy holidays" then making an exception for the muslim holiday is what pisses people off. If you're going to use happy holidays, use it across the damn board. Pandering to muslims is exceptional bull****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies