Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2009, 11:41 AM

300 posts, read 430,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
I get upset when you pose this in some way shape or form as an argument against HC reform or the argument at hand...
I did no such thing!

Why do YOU find it necessary to totally and completely Mischaracterize anothers post (you do so frequently btw)???

I just thought it was interesting that some of my patients (older) don't have medicare. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Stop trying to make an issue out of nothing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 11:44 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,796,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWonderWhy1 View Post
I did no such thing!

Why do YOU find it necessary to totally and completely Mischaracterize anothers post (you do so frequently btw)???

I just thought it was interesting that some of my patients (older) don't have medicare. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Stop trying to make an issue out of nothing!
I'm curious...do you think it has something to do with demographics? Do you practice in an area where a lot of older people go to retire?

Old 11-29-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I'm curious...do you think it has something to do with demographics? Do you practice in an area where a lot of older people go to retire?
The Phoenix Metropolitan area

Lots of people come to Arizona to retire.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
I think you are GreatDay's physician wife.. or him. You post like him, and you live inthe land of all roses and candy!
Why thank you - yes, "Greatday" is my loving Husband. He is in the "Great White North" doing a little hunting (been gone for a week).

And, thanks for the compliments. They are appreciated.

Some of my patients simply do not want, or believe in Social Security or Medicare. So, they continue to purchase Insurance from many different companies. The policies I am referencing are not Medicare supplements. The polices are .... "normal" (for lack of a better term) policies.

I don't judge them - I simply treat them. Although it is a fact that I stopped taking Medicare reimbursements some time ago - and I hated to do it - as I lost some long time patients. But, Medicare reimbursements can't pay the bills.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:07 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,796,091 times
Quote:
Why thank you - yes, "Greatday" is my loving Husband. He is in the "Great White North" doing a little hunting (been gone for a week).

So is he in Alaska just now? What's he hunting for? Has he gotten anything yet? If he brings home a moose I'll send you a recipe for moose meatballs...sublime.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:08 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,449,043 times
Quote:

I don't judge them - I simply treat them. Although it is a fact that I stopped taking Medicare reimbursements some time ago - and I hated to do it - as I lost some long time patients. But, Medicare reimbursements can't pay the bills.
Aaaaahhhhhh, so you're the Death Panel that's killing granny by withholding medical care! You must be so proud!

Old 11-29-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Aaaaahhhhhh, so you're the Death Panel that's killing granny by withholding medical care! You must be so proud!

I'm not withholding care. Those patients found other physicians that would accept Medicare reimbursements.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:13 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,449,043 times
Quote:

I'm not withholding care. Those patients found other physicians that would accept Medicare reimbursements.
Of course you're withholding care. You refuse to treat them based on your financial interests alone. You're screening patients and determining who gets treatment and who doesn't. You're running your own little private Death Panel there.

And you can't possibly know with certainty that some of your patients didn't go home and die because they couldn't find another doctor who would treat them, just like those who are refused coverage by one insurance company, only to be turned away by all the other ones, too.

Good job there!

Old 11-29-2009, 12:17 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,018,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
You lost my interest with an overtone of orthodoxophobia and preludes of xylophonic music, as well as your distaste for soylents.
LOL! Now THAT was funny!

Old 11-29-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Of course you're withholding care. You refuse to treat them based on your financial interests alone. You're screening patients and determining who gets treatment and who doesn't. You're running your own little private Death Panel there.

And you can't possibly know with certainty that some of your patients didn't go home and die because they couldn't find another doctor who would treat them, just like those who are refused coverage by one insurance company, only to be turned away by all the other ones, too.
You sure are funny - and uninformed!

Many physicians around the country, particularly in the PCP arena have stopped taking Medicare. I'm certainly not alone.

I know that those former patients were able to get other good physicians. I know this because I helped with the referrals and, we have forwarded medical records on all the affected patients, to their new Doctors.

And, like it or not, a medical practice does need sufficient income to keep its doors open. Some, like you, have difficulty comprehending this fact.

LOLOLOLOL - But, you are sort of funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies