Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 07:52 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,713 times

Advertisements

Seems to me the Republian party would rather send somebody elses kids to die rather than give American's Healthcare. With the Billions of dollars being spent on two wars that seems to never end. Why isn't any conservatives complaining about that? Does that make any sense to fight a war in an unstable enviroment, where factions existed in that country since Ghengis Khan ran through that region with his Mongolian hoard.

What is the purpose of continuing this war, regardless if we stay or not. There are people in this world bent out to see the destruction of America anyways?

That's get our boys back home and approve healthcare instead.

Last edited by Mr. Opinion; 11-25-2009 at 08:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 10:09 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
Seems to me the Republian party would rather send somebody elses kids to die rather than give American's Healthcare. With the Billions of dollars being spent on two wars that seems to never end. Why isn't any conservatives complaining about that? Does that make any sense to fight a war in an unstable enviroment, where factions existed in that country since Ghengis Khan ran through that region with his Mongolian hoard.

What is the purpose of continuing this war, regardless if we stay or not. There are people in this world bent out to see the destruction of America anyways?

That's get our boys back home and approve healthcare instead.
If we cut next year's military budget by 8% that would completely fund the money need to pay for this Health Care bill.

It's completely absurd we spend as much as rest of the entire World combined on the military with only 20% of World GDP.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:48 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
It always tickles me to see Republicans complain about passing on debt to their grandkids when it comes to health care but they're awfully silent when it comes to the billions we have wasted on the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

At least their grandkids would have access to health care thanks to the debt but with wars, all we have is blood on our hands and lots of dead and maimed people.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:52 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,310,746 times
One reason I don't take all these GOPers who whine about the cost of Obama's healthcare bill very seriously is that its the same crowd that supported that Fiasco in Iraq. That war has truly cost us about a trillion dollars in five years. Where were the complaints? Where were the teaparties than?

I guess its ok as long as you are blowing big bucks on some BS crap over in Iraq. It becomes a totally a different story when you want to try and give people in this country something approaching universal healthcare. Suddenly, the conservatives start screaming about runaway deficit spending and "pork" budgets.

Sad, shameful lot these GOPers are.

Old 11-26-2009, 04:52 PM

805 posts, read 1,510,165 times
There's more "macho fun" for the powers that be of the might military machine to go to war and play boyhood games in real life than peacekeep and let money be spent on sick people.

It's all about big egos. E.g., the war in afghanistan. They didn't have to declare it to the world and march in like some big bully. They were supposed to be after one man, Bin laden. So the govt could've secretly sent a mission and finished him off. But no, the American public wanted ACTION, REVENGE. So a big announcement was made and tanks rolled in. We got to all see it on TV and clap our hands. America is no weakling now. America will stand up to terror.

And what happened? It gave Bin Laden plenty of time to sneak way. And now we are there re-building their country and troops are being maimed, killed, or mentally damaged.

Blame the mass sheeple as well as the leaders.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:10 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
I think a seperate tax to pay for Iraq is appropriate. We had a surtax during Vietnam, you figured your tax and then added a % to it. I think it is important that we understand that war costs money

Old 11-27-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I think a seperate tax to pay for Iraq is appropriate. We had a surtax during Vietnam, you figured your tax and then added a % to it. I think it is important that we understand that war costs money
So does health care!

Their are too many American's suffering to get ready medical help.

Repubs walk around with their thumbs in their a$$. They say no to health care, Yes to killing American's in a foreign land that will never accept DEMOCRACY!

Old 11-27-2009, 05:36 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Well it looks like we're going to do both. Bring on those taxes.

Old 11-27-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well it looks like we're going to do both. Bring on those taxes.
I hope Pres. O won't send my neighbors to that land of no hope.

Why is the question? No exit strategy. NONE

What a waste of American soldiers.

Old 11-27-2009, 05:53 PM

272 posts, read 215,937 times
That war keeps me and millions of other Americans employed. The communication circuit you are currently transmitting on was devloped by the DOD. The economic repercussions of the constitutional obligation to protect the US is felt throughout our society.

Military Industrial Complex is

U.S.

Last edited by cagey cretin; 11-27-2009 at 06:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies