Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are white nationalists all racists?
Yes 37 64.91%
No 20 35.09%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 12:42 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times

Advertisements

This subject has been kind of bugging me lately. And while I do understand that white nationalism and racism can go hand-in-hand. I want to know if you believe all white nationalists are racists by definition and logic.

Please read these definitions before you vote.

Quote:
White nationalism is a political ideology which advocates a racial definition (or redefinition) of national identity for white people, in opposition to multiculturalism, along with a separate all-white nation-state. The contemporary White Nationalist Movement in the United States is a reaction to the decline in white demographics, politics and culture.
Quote:
Racist - a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 12:48 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,182,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
This subject has been kind of bugging me lately. And while I do understand that white nationalism and racism can go hand-in-hand. I want to know if you believe all white nationalists are racists by definition and logic.

I think WN's don't think they are Racists. But they have strong negative views against anyone that is not white. Most of their beliefs are fueled by ignorance and stereotypes.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:49 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,906,380 times
Quote:

Short answer...yes.

Any group that believes in separatism on the basis of race is racist.

Any group that wishes its race were the hegemonic force solely on the basis of race is racist.

Nationality should not be on the basis of race.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
when people cry out for a power share, its rarely is, its usually a power grab.
signed
a non white

Old 11-28-2009, 12:55 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,066 times
YES!
i have no problem with problem with whites being proud of being white, but do it w/o all the racist baggage

Old 11-28-2009, 12:57 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
I voted 'yes'. After all, white nationalism has less to do with being proud of being Irish or German or whatever the hell land ones ancestors came from but more to do with racial seperatism and the elavation of status based soley on skin color.

At best its paranoia fueled with a false sense of superiority based on being lighter then a Pecan Sandie and at worst its racist drivel.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:59 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Yes, but that's not the underlying problem. White nationalists are working by the numbers from the fascist playbook, weather they realize it or not.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:12 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
I am not a racist, I have never felt like a racist, I don't hate anyone. Lately I have been reminiscing on my life and realizing how separatist that our world is, even when we make all attempts to prevent it.

When I was in junior high I had a black friend, he lived in my neighborhood, but around the time we started high school, he started having this obsession with "acting black", and we just kind of stopped hanging around each other.

Since then I have basically had zero non-white friends, outside of work acquaintences. And it was never intentional, and I never even thought about it, in large part because I had lived in a suburb that was mostly white anyway so I always rationalized it as such. I always hated when my friends would make racially derogative statements because I have always hated racism, it doesn't really make the world any better.

Then I started noticing the same trend with people around me. Almost everyone I have ever known has the same race friends as themselves. I know some VERY liberal people, who were in liberal democrat groups in college. Many people who are very fervent Obama supporters, yet none of them have a single minority friend.

So while I have always hated racism, I have been looking at the effects of race in this country. And I have failed to find a single positive effect of multiculturalism and race-pluralism. Every indicator from happiness, to safety, to unitedness, to stability, seem to indicate we are actually worse off than we would otherwise be.

On top of that, what is American culture anyway? Its really hard to define it these days, with black culture, hispanic culture, and white culture in this country being practically opposites from each other.

Personally I wish all countries were based off cultural and racial similarities. I think we would all be much happier.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 11-28-2009 at 01:30 PM..

Old 11-28-2009, 01:24 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,182,116 times
Are you saying you believe in WN?

In order for things to work, people have to put forth effort. I don't see people putting forth effort to step outside of the "circles".

The number 1 reason why I totally dislike Chicago and cannot wait to leave is it's racial segregation, We have just about every nationality there is and no one seems to venture outside of there own "world".

Quote:
I am not a racist, I have never felt like a racist, I don't hate anyone. Lately I have been reminiscing on my life and realizing how separatist that our world is, even when we make all attempts to prevent it.

When I was in junior high I had a black friend, he lived in my neighborhood, but around the time we started high school, he started having this obsession with "acting black", and we just kind of stopped hanging around each other.

Since then I have basically had zero non-white friends, outside of work acquaintences. And it was never intentional, and I never even thought about it, in large part because I had lived in a suburb that was mostly white anyway so I always rationalized it as such. I always hated when my friends would make racially derogative statements because I have always hated racism, it doesn't really make the world any better.

Then I started noticing the same trend with people around me. Almost everyone I have ever known has the same race friends as themselves. I know some VERY liberal people, who were in liberal democrat groups in college. Many people who are very fervent Obama supporters, yet none of them have a single minority friend.

So while I have always hated racism, I have been looking at the effects of race in this country. And I have failed to find a single positive effect of multiculturalism and race-pluralism. Every indicator from happiness, to safety, to unitedness, to stability, seem to indicate we are actually worse off than we would otherwise be.

On top of that, what is American culture anyway? Its really hard to define it these days, with black culture, hispanic culture, and white culture in this country being practically opposites from each other.

Personally I wish all countries were based off cultural and racial similarities. I think we would all be much happier.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:35 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,612,653 times
In theroy? No. If someone wants to be around only people who look like them, then they have a right to do that, however ignorant that may be.

In practice, it's simply a cover for white racism.

Truth be told, I don't agree with this concept that somehow everything and everywhere needs to be "diverse", like it's some sort of virtue. To me, diversity is about simply being able to understand and respect people who come from different walks of life, not being self righteous over the fact people speak 77 different languages on your block. Also, there is a bias against whites being segregated. I bet if a Black or Asian person requested being around others of similar ethnicity, it wouldn't cause even remotely as much of an uproar. To me, racial ignorance is racial ignorance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies