Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 04:27 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times

Advertisements

You don't know and you made it racial.
Then, after confronted, you said you heard it on the radio.

You did a lot of research on-line to come up with the photo.
Interesting what warrants your research, because I've read your posts and big issues aren't well researched at all.
Could it be that you were looking for a racial focus to support your assumptions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 05:26 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Of course. The man's race is part of the story. It's nonsense to say it isn't.

- Reel
When I first read about this, I assumed the guy was white. Don't know why, I just did & his race wasn't even the first thing that popped into my head & it's still unimportant. I would say the race of someone doing a crime is important when the culprit hasn't been caught yet...then that information is useful in catching him. As it is, they already knew who it was so really not a big deal to make a point of giving out the race.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:36 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Even the workers were being rude and yelling. Cheap a$$ Wal-Mart can't even hire security or do more to make their stores "family friendly" You would never see that at a Target here.
Oh I don't know, the Target that is closest to me that I go to is pretty trashy. I don't feel glee when I go there but since it's the closest, I make do. I don't go to Walmart because...I just loathe Walmart. When I first started not liking Walmart it was because it was so white trash...I still feel like it is, but I guess some of them could be considered ghetto, but mostly the ones that I've been in have been very white trash. I'm just not a fan of Walmart. But do you all know the new place of trashiness & violence? Chuck E. Cheese...apparently it's become a haven for awesome fights & disputes.

Old 12-05-2009, 03:23 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
When I first read about this, I assumed the guy was white. Don't know why, I just did & his race wasn't even the first thing that popped into my head & it's still unimportant. I would say the race of someone doing a crime is important when the culprit hasn't been caught yet...then that information is useful in catching him. As it is, they already knew who it was so really not a big deal to make a point of giving out the race.
Ok, so the race of the people involved in this incident is not relevant but the towns where these guys are from is not relevant either yet that was reported. I added to the body of knowledge. What I said was accurate. It was the truth.

This sparked outrage because people didn't like what the truth was. They would rather this tid bit of truth, this inconvenient truth, be left unknown.

All the outrage and personal attacks are attempts to bury the truth. Yet if the races of the participants in this incident had been reversed, this particular truth would have been splashed accross the front pages of every major news organization. We would have seen vigils and marches and speeches.

Whites are racist if they sucker punch blacks. Whites are racist if blacks sucker punch whites and whites bother to point out the race of the perpetrator.

Do not speak the truth or you will be hounded. It's a crazy world.

- Reel

Old 12-05-2009, 04:07 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
People get punched and stabbed and murdered all the time....what is so special about this????
the fact that it isn't special at all to people.

frankly, it should always be a big deal when someone is bullied.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:17 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
The police were at the local Wal Mart last nite, apparently some guys most likely from Philly stole a cart of goodies and roughed up the elderly lady people greeter when she tried to stop them and ask them for their receipt. They got away with the goods unfortunately but maybe somebody got their license number.
Wal mart people greeters ought to be issued tasers at the least.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:37 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
i always thought that one of the points of having "greeters" was to be a visual deterrent to the shoplifters, just by having someone at the entrance and exit. a lot of crimes are crimes of opportunity.

it should be noted that shoplifting is on the rise due to the recession:
Recession Retail Theft: Middle-Class Shoplifters on Rise - TIME

i went to a large flea market in my area and one of the vendors said that people are stealing stuff left and right. it is really a shame!

Old 12-10-2009, 05:26 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Boy i heard that Wal-mart got the best of people, but dang, this is utterly crazy nonsense, people have gone mad.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:30 PM

844 posts, read 1,280,736 times
This is mostly unrelated, but the last time I set foot in walmart I saw one of the greeters in an argument with a chicano man with his wife and kid. The man looked like he couldnt understand why the greeter was yelling at him. The old guy was railing off at the man. It was weird.

Walmart < Kmart (barely) < Fred Meyer < Target
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies