Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2009, 09:34 AM

68 posts, read 65,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by inventor1 View Post
I I say people who immigrated to the US know its history and coming to live here when you know equality has not been made you accept a responsibility that a price needs to be made till there is equality.

WTF?

Old 12-06-2009, 09:40 AM

1,700 posts, read 3,424,829 times
Ok can anyone tell me what free rides I've gotten because I'm white? Or, how many people I've "held down" because they weren't?

To me it's all an excuse as to why people fail regardless of race. If I'm AA and I fail it because the white man is keeping me down. If I'm white and I fail it's because of Illegals, or AA, or jews whatever. There is one principal that seems to elude people and please pardon my inclusion of God but thats what the saying is : God helps those who help themselves. When people don't do anything and fail it's always someone elses fault. TAKE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY and you will rarely fail regardless of who's "holding you down".

Old 12-06-2009, 02:07 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,362,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I find it ...interesting.. that 'racism' in the US seems to be one of the premier topics on this forum, and that the latter is made out to be such a widespread problem in this country, worthy of government intervention in the minds of many. . While it is true that 'racism' exists in the US, it hardly holds a candle to other parts of the world.
That's still mostly a rather subjective opinion. Not saying that it's wrong or right, but there's no real way to objectively "measure" such things...

Old 12-06-2009, 02:45 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,672 times
Those "white elites" are still running our country, and probably running Obama, too. The same as it ever was...........

Old 12-06-2009, 05:29 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
That's still mostly a rather subjective opinion. Not saying that it's wrong or right, but there's no real way to objectively "measure" such things...
Subjective? I would call it comparative. There is no unit of measure I am trying to apply to this, I just look at other places, like many countries in Africa and Asia, and compare what has happened there for centuries, and still happens today, as compared to what passes for 'racism in the US. I would hazard that there is no EEOC to complain to in the Congo, Viet Nam, Laos, China, Somalia etc, if one feels....singled out, and mixed race, mixed tribe infants are not killed out of hand here either as they are in the latter palces. So, I would say that if things are so horrible , here in the US for non white people, why do so many non whites immigrate here from countries that are non white governed? Sorry, disparate treatment of non whites is not nearly so bad , here in the US, as many would have us believe. When a person of color is mistreated, denied employment or advancement, discriminated against in any way, in this country, there are many ways for them to seek recompense these days. And they do, frequently, often when no discrimination actually exists. The race card is quite the wild one in the deck, and gets used , all to often, as a tool of convenience. It has been made very easy to cry 'racism' or 'discrimination'. LMAO, try THAT anywhere but the US and see how far it gets you.

Old 12-06-2009, 05:37 PM

366 posts, read 297,467 times
Good Lord. This thread is just ****.

Old 12-06-2009, 06:08 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,354 times
Quote:
Subjective? I would call it comparative. There is no unit of measure I am trying to apply to this, I just look at other places, like many countries in Africa and Asia, and compare what has happened there for centuries, and still happens today, as compared to what passes for 'racism in the US. I would hazard that there is no EEOC to complain to in the Congo, Viet Nam, Laos, China, Somalia etc, if one feels....singled out, and mixed race, mixed tribe infants are not killed out of hand here either as they are in the latter palces. So, I would say that if things are so horrible , here in the US for non white people, why do so many non whites immigrate here from countries that are non white governed? Sorry, disparate treatment of non whites is not nearly so bad , here in the US, as many would have us believe. When a person of color is mistreated, denied employment or advancement, discriminated against in any way, in this country, there are many ways for them to seek recompense these days. And they do, frequently, often when no discrimination actually exists. The race card is quite the wild one in the deck, and gets used , all to often, as a tool of convenience. It has been made very easy to cry 'racism' or 'discrimination'. LMAO, try THAT anywhere but the US and see how far it gets you.
It should not happen anywhere, so to state that being a minority is better in America, still does not eliminate racism based on ones skin color. You really do not get it and doubt if you ever will. This is why having a dialogue about it is so difficult, because you could not begin to imagine what it is like to be treated differently because of your skin tone. Continue to laugh and roll your eyes-did not expect anything differently-it really is the norm. Proper preparation for such ignorance is to be expected. The daily dish of the day.

Old 12-06-2009, 06:12 PM

147 posts, read 135,285 times
Quote:
Subjective? I would call it comparative. There is no unit of measure I am trying to apply to this, I just look at other places, like many countries in Africa and Asia, and compare what has happened there for centuries, and still happens today, as compared to what passes for 'racism in the US. I would hazard that there is no EEOC to complain to in the Congo, Viet Nam, Laos, China, Somalia etc, if one feels....singled out, and mixed race, mixed tribe infants are not killed out of hand here either as they are in the latter places. So, I would say that if things are so horrible , here in the US for non white people, why do so many non whites immigrate here from countries that are non white governed? Sorry, disparate treatment of non whites is not nearly so bad , here in the US, as many would have us believe. When a person of color is mistreated, denied employment or advancement, discriminated against in any way, in this country, there are many ways for them to seek recompense these days. And they do, frequently, often when no discrimination actually exists. The race card is quite the wild one in the deck, and gets used , all to often, as a tool of convenience. It has been made very easy to cry 'racism' or 'discrimination'. LMAO, try THAT anywhere but the US and see how far it gets you.
I think that is bunch of unbaked up propaganda stated as some sort of fact. I would love you to back up the bolded part to see if you are talking with facts or from the bottom of the toilet bowl?

If you notice it is seems to be from what I have seen, that only/vast majority of poor people come to the USA as far as rate related. I have no idea but I bet it is a huge rate. note that people of means are not knocking down our fences to get here. And never have.

What is interesting is I have many friends from Canada and I do not see and not heard about the racism there against blacks like the USA. I guess it would be interesting to know about their pay differential between blacks and whites in Canada. If there is not a differential does that mean they are better people? Or why or how could there be such a differential? You would agree a society that is not racist is a good or better society?

Now we are not Burma/Loas are we, you can either lead by example or lead to failure. Which do you prefer. I suppose in your logic somehow you are justifying, you are saying, two wrongs does equal a righty?

Last edited by inventor1; 12-06-2009 at 06:34 PM..

Old 12-06-2009, 06:30 PM

1,275 posts, read 3,416,146 times
Default Not another one?!

I usually do not reply to these long, redundant, inflamatory, angry threads but this does bother me. First off, what is with all these inflamatory, inherently racist threads? Why do you hate whites so much? If you continue to blame whites or any group for your troubles, you will end up bitter and left behind. Men make more money than women for the same jobs. Does this make me angry and bitter toward all men? Does it make me hate men? No, because I accept personal responsibility for myself and my actions. You should try this for a change, accept responsibility for yourself and stop blaming others for crimes they didn't even perpetrate. Besides, what do you want? By your posts it seems the only thing that would satisfy you is for blacks to be the majority and "punish" the whites for things that happened over a century ago. Why can't you let go of color and just see ppl as ppl, not their skin color?!

Old 12-06-2009, 06:34 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
If we want to further reduce racism lets start with Affirmative Action. Since we are all equals, there is no longer any need for the government to promote racist programs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies