Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2009, 10:17 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
You are forgetting the responsibility that humans play in this whole thing. I have my proof which is enough for me to believe that God is and always will exist long after you and I have left this earth. I KNOW my God is real and no amount of condescending from you will ever convince me otherwise. Since your mind is completely made up, I will not waste anymore of my time with you on this subject.
Well if ya can't take the heat.....(or prove anything) (or admit it's all really a matter of BELIEF and/or FAITH...not facts...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 10:17 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well, let's skip right past your confusion over whether god made diseaes so he could help people cure them and go to who designed this process...

A. a magical guy some people made up?

B. space aliens somebody made up?

C. the naughty elf who lives in my linden tree? (not made up...TRUE)!
I can get him off your hands for you.

Now that is EXACTLY what I want this year. I will send you my address. Pack him and FedEx him to me.

I want a naughty Elf as a Yuletide gift.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:18 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I would look at you like you lost your mind () if you told me that because cars cannot adapt to the changes naturally like the human body and animals can.

Now-as far as where humans came from. No one knows. Some think evolution. Some think God created the Earth. Some think it is Adam and Even and some think Lord Brahma created it. No one really will truly know until we die. Or at least, that is the way I see it.

Studies have shown that as the need for things grew and as weather changed, so did the humans to adapt. Same with animals.

And yes, meanwhile I am fortunate and blessed to have a working body, what about the people who are born with like a missing lung? Or born with severe problems? What about divine powers there? It seems to be that possibly God picks and chooses?

Note-I am not trolling. I am enjoying this debate with you right now.
As I have mentioned previously; sicknesses, disease, deformities, etc occur because of the sin in our DNA that was inherited by our parents. Everyone wants to blame God but the real issue is sin (disobedience to God).

Old 12-09-2009, 10:19 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,848 times
Quote:
Yes. Sin was inherited from Adam and Eve.
Gee and all this time I thought Eve taught Adam how to sin.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
As I have mentioned previously; sicknesses, disease, deformities, etc occur because of the sin in our DNA that was inherited by our parents. Everyone wants to blame God but the real issue is sin (disobedience to God).
So your god gives disease to innocent babies and good people just because he can.....warped.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I can get him off your hands for you.

Now that is EXACTLY what I want this year. I will send you my address. Pack him and FedEx him to me.

I want a naughty Elf as a Yuletide gift.
You are WAY too eager.....

Old 12-09-2009, 10:21 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,848 times
Quote:
One bite of the apple and we're all screwed. Now there's a just and fair God. Does he work for Fox?

Old 12-09-2009, 10:22 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well if ya can't take the heat.....(or prove anything) (or admit it's all really a matter of BELIEF and/or FAITH...not facts...)
I would love to be freer to offer my proof but my proof is too personal and I'm not about to reveal anything personal to you because you have never been open-minded about anything that I have ever posted. All you ever do is ridicule others who offer different points of view so I won't waste my time further with you. Goodnight.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
I would love to be freer to offer my proof but my proof is too personal and I'm not about to reveal anything personal to you because you have never been open-minded about anything that I have ever posted. Goodnight.
Always the cop out...

Old 12-09-2009, 10:23 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Gee and all this time I thought Eve taught Adam how to sin.
That's why religious people are so hard on women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies