Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 09:19 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times

Advertisements

I sent him an email today and called him despicable for what he said and that he owes the public an apology.

So far so good..no one has come to drag me away to the FEMA camps so I think I'm safe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 09:29 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,316,883 times
The idiot of the year is getting very close to not having a job.

He is a disgrace to your party and this country to be in a leadership position and state stupid things like this.

Especially when he had several illegal workers working for him and got caught.
Wonder if he paid those illegals fair wage or forced them to be his slaves?

Gosh, why don't the demwits remove this idiot and get someone with some brains and class to run the worst congress ever assembled?

Old 12-07-2009, 09:39 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Shock & awe, with a guilt trip thrown in for good measure. The guy is a dirtbag.

Americans are tired of that immature crap.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:40 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,093,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
source: FOXNews.com - Reid Compares Opponents of Health Care Reform to Supporters of Slavery

The democrats are engaging in the same tactics that made the GOP so despised under Bush.

I love it The only way a left winger can even come close to making a comment againt some disgusting comment by another Democrat is to try and lay thier dispicable behavior on a Republican.

Alert to the left! It's ok to let this race baiter be responsible for his own actions.

Whoops there I go again forgetting that the left refuse personal responsibility.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:50 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,428,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
reid was talking about being on the moral side of a legislation????

how is it MORAL to MANDATE that I BUY health insurance from either private or a 'government' option

sorry but MANDATING that someone BUY is NOT MORAL....its SLAVERY
I said nothing about the logic, correctness or any value of what Reid said. I merely pointed out that the linked Fox News article spun the whole thing into partisan politics. One only needs to read this thread to see how Fox News was successful in making it a Dem v Repub issue. Few people were discussing what Reid said or the analogy he made. Most posts are mudslinging on the Dems/libs and the Dems/libs response to that and much too much of it is based on a lack of knowledge of history. Leave it to Fox News to lead their sheep to an invalid or irrelevant issue -- them vs us, which is the only issue they recognize.

There is an appalling lack of discussion in this thread about the appropriateness of what Reid said. Is slavery a topic like the holocaust and Nazis? Should there be a Godwin for slavery. Is this insurance bill being hyped as a health care bill really of the same level of importance to this country as the other issues he brought up? If it truly were a health care bill, would that raise it to the same level? But no, it's about the Party of Lincoln and Dixiecrats (and the appalling lack of knowledge of history).

Old 12-08-2009, 07:18 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
To make that kind on comparison in his coments was a poor choice. The intent of what he was saying, is absolutely correct. The GOP has been and continues to use the tactic. The Dems are not opposed to using it either. The problem is, as he pointed out, America always needs our Repsentatives to work out solutions. To not engage in the process, degrades it. We are in a political position where one party holds most of the power, they will push thru a bill. Even the Democrat Leader knows that what bill gets thru, will be less than it could be, if the GOP continues to stay out of the development process. It is always important that our Reps work for us, but in these times, it's critically important. Sen Reid was "calling out" the GOP on this, and he should. And if you are a GOP supporter, you should aslo. The issue is too important!

Old 12-08-2009, 07:20 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
First of all it's Democratic Party, not Democrat Party.

Secondly, it was the Party of Lincoln that freed the slaves. Lincoln was a RINO, didn't you know? He believed in the Federal Government - the true mark of either a Democrat or a RINO.
So even when proven wrong you try to wriggle out of admitting it. Sounds like a dem to me.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
And Conservatives don't recognize people of color as actually being people.
Must have forgotten your omnipotence on these issues...

Old 12-08-2009, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
The Pre-WW1 Republicans. Not the southern strategy, ex-dixiecrat Republican party of today. You know, the respectable, decent, not overtly hateful party of Lincoln, in opposed to the party of David Duke, Strom Thurmond, Trent Lott and Richard Nixon.
Ah, more democratic revisionist history...

Old 12-08-2009, 07:46 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,316,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'm white, may be considered rich (?), don't oppose healthcare reform (do oppose this reform though), and have never in my life used the words "black" and "subhuman" in the same thought, sentence, or conversation.

I believe you owe us some links proving such allegations are commonplace amongs us whiteys.

Otherwise you look like just another liberal buffoon who knows nothing of any substance.

Those damn rich successful white people are keeping those damn poor minorities from having their right to free healthcare.

Goodness people, if it was not for those smart, rich, white, successful folk many people would not even have a job to EARN your healthcare.

Reid needs to tell people to EARN their healthcare, afterall he is your leader right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies