Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 09:27 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,154,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Furthermore, it seems that certain individuals hone in on these things and look for things just to say see "I told you blacks are bad" and then go on to somehow bring Obama into the discussion when he has absolutely nothing to do with this. When Bush was in office, was it his fault when whites attacked black people and the attacks were racially motivated? A hate crime is a hate crime and any crime deserves to be punished. What happened to these people was unfortunate and it is also unfortunate that some people chose to disregard what happend to the victims and harp on Obama or to imply that blacks condone this behavior. If I were to somehow blame every white person for every wrong that another white person committed against a black person, not only would I lose my mind but I would never make it through life.

No, you're incorrect.

I understand that's your interpretation and that it's some times difficult to understand people's intentions on these forums. But you are completely off the base.

My overall message and point, is this.

Accountability.

If you truely want racism to disaappear, there must be accountability from all sides. Black, white, purple ...whatever.

No excuses. No spinjobs. No tap dances.

Otherwise, all it does is feed the vicious cycle and it just continues in the white and black community.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:29 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,154,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Well, for one, the BGD's split years and years ago. They became Gangster Disciples and Black Disciples. There is no longer Black Gangster Disciples. So, if the gang no longer exists, they can not be members.

You also have the fact that the media reports that the attacks were divided between the two different gangs, suggesting that the gangs were work together. The former BGD gangs are part of a gang faction known as Folks, The Crips are not part of any gang faction. They have no ties or association with each other.
How do you know?

Supposedly these gangs are very secretive. So how would you know all the day-to-day interactions, relationships and deals that go on?

Old 12-09-2009, 09:39 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
Read about this late last week

This PC madness will be this countries undoing...

"Can you cite one speck of hard evidence of the benefits of "diversity" that we have heard gushed about for years? Evidence of its harm can be seen — written in blood — from Iraq to India, from Serbia to Sudan, from Fiji to the Philippines. It is scary how easily so many people can be brainwashed by sheer repetition of a word."
— Thomas Sowell

I see a Bosnia in our future. Bloody, protracted civil war including ethnic cleansing.

It's happened before and just a few months prior to the breakout of violence in Sarajevo nobody on either side could see the speeding, out of control freight train heading straight at them.

Maybe not tomorrow or even next year but our nation will eventually bust up and then there will be a hell to pay and scores to be settled that few can even imagine.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:40 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
How do you know?

Supposedly these gangs are very secretive. So how would you know all the day-to-day interactions, relationships and deals that go on?
When someone had over 20 years in the Gangs, usually they know what is going on. And no, it isnt as secretive as you think. The GD's and the BD's will always be part of the Folks nation, and the crips have no desire to become part of it. The folks nations as a whole don't want the crips to be part of them either. As for day to day interactions, well, my neighborhood is mainly GD's and BD's, so I see and hear what is going on with their organizations daily.

Well, for one, the BGD's were formed and originated here in Chicago, by David Barksdale and Larry Hoover, after David Barksdale aka King David was killed Larry Hoover then took control of the organization. He renamed them GD's aka gangster disciples. Some former members that still wanted to carry on King Davids ideas broke away and named themselves Black Disciples.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:43 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,468,632 times
Quote:

Well you found one.

The interesting details about this case is that it was not tried as a federal, but as a state offense. And he got the same 20 years he would have gotten had he not confessed to killing because the victim was white. I wonder if there are any federal convictions resulting in additional time. I guess it was a win win for the prosecution. Sharpton still found a way to spin it though, I found that priceless.

On a separate off topic note.
I am unable to understand how anyone regardless of motive to be sentenced to only 20 years (who knows about parole eligibility) for planning and committing a random murder. I guess life is not an option.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:43 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
No, you're incorrect.

I understand that's your interpretation and that it's some times difficult to understand people's intentions on these forums. But you are completely off the base.

My overall message and point, is this.

Accountability.

If you truely want racism to disaappear, there must be accountability from all sides. Black, white, purple ...whatever.

No excuses. No spinjobs. No tap dances.

Otherwise, all it does is feed the vicious cycle and it just continues in the white and black community.
Incorrect about what? They should be held accountable but should I because I am black? When was the last time you denounced racist behavior of white people? I see white people defending negative behavior all the time when they refuse to acknowledge when an attack was racially motivated or disregard what happened and attempt to turn the tables on Obama. It goes both ways.

If people want racism to end, they should also refrain from bringing Obama into every conversation about race (see Rush Limbaugh's comments on the school bus fight) and they should denounce racist behavior from their own race, especially when they expect others to do the same. They should not attempt to diminish racial discrimination by dismissing every mention of it by acusing people of playing the race card. Granted, every time someone shouts racism that is not the case but some of the time it is and by not only acknowledging it when the discrimination is against your own race, you may was well be the one discriminating.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:49 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
Well you found one.

The interesting details about this case is that it was not tried as a federal, but as a state offense. And he got the same 20 years he would have gotten had he not confessed to killing because the victim was white. I wonder if there are any federal convictions resulting in additional time. I guess it was a win win for the prosecution. Sharpton still found a way to spin it though, I found that priceless.

On a separate off topic note.
I am unable to understand how anyone regardless of motive to be sentenced to only 20 years (who knows about parole eligibility) for planning and committing a random murder. I guess life is not an option.
majority of all hate crimes are tried at the state level, very few are actually handled as a federal hate crime. It has to fall under specific criteria to be a federal as opposed to state hate crime.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:54 AM

68 posts, read 65,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th Street View Post
Why on earth do you expect comments from black forum members? Are black members here somehow responsible for this crime? Heck no. Are all white members expected to have a response when a white man kidnaps and molests a child? Heck no. We are Americans (well some of us are) who should all be upset when crime is perpetrated by anyone. That fact that you are trying to create more racial divisions here is kind of pathetic.
Tit for tat - can you give us a few examples of white gangs attacking solo blacks?

Gangbangers and Islamic Jihadists - cut from the same cloth. They are all useless young men with nothing to contribute to their society, and they join a group and do violence. Nothing better to do, right?

Cull the herd! Spend some of that TARP money to build more prisons and lock the punks up until they are old men.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:55 AM

68 posts, read 65,194 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ufsAfYUfJA

Old 12-09-2009, 09:57 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,184,279 times
Quote:
Well, for one, the BGD's split years and years ago. They became Gangster Disciples and Black Disciples. There is no longer Black Gangster Disciples. So, if the gang no longer exists, they can not be members.

You also have the fact that the media reports that the attacks were divided between the two different gangs, suggesting that the gangs were work together. The former BGD gangs are part of a gang faction known as Folks, The Crips are not part of any gang faction. They have no ties or association with each other.
Thanks for the clarification. I wonder if the men involved were actually claiming Gangster Disciples and Black Disciples and it came out in media reports as Black Gangster Disciples? It wouldn't be a first for sloppy journalism in Denver.

I also know that Chicago is the birthplace of many of the most well known gangs. I am betting that gang activity is MUCH more organized in Chicago then it is in Denver. I wonder if that would have anything to do with Crips being involved with Folks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies