Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 04:36 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,312,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't remember any comments about his clothes. If you do, then you must be one of those lefties.

Teleprompter can be directly in front of the camera (they shoot through the teleprompter glass), so that the person seems to be looking directly into the camera delivering a speech without any notes. Bush often gave addresses from to oval office in this fashion, and I don't think there was anything wrong with it. Why would there be? But of course if you are talking in front of a crowd, it would be silly to stare directly forward into the camera. This is why they use two teleprompters. Is is hip to memorize speeches and not use a teleprompter? Currently Obama and apparently Palin are very good at using prompters while Bush and McCain struggled with them. And let's be honest, when Bush didn't have one, he was in serious trouble.
You talk about that photo op all the time with that term to describe it.

Now as for the way Obama reads his speeches I think he could stop with his eyes seemingly on the people directly in front of him and seem so much more sincere. He doesn't care about sincerity though, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 11:55 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,466,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Yeah, whenever Obama "speaks off the cuff" he screws up! He uses the teleprompter 99.9% of the time (now that's figuratively, so don't tell me to provide proof!). You can tell when he's on TV, because he never looks straight out at the camera. He's either looking to the left, or to the right, never straight ahead, and his head is always raised upward in an abnormal position.

Bush rarely relied on the teleprompter (if he even had one) referring only occasionally to his notes. He always addressed the viewing audience, so you felt like he was speaking directly to you.

It is annoying, and disconcerting to watch him give a speech for this reason. It creates an aura of untrustworthiness.

Now as to Beck's so-called lies: What are they? You said they "stack up quickly", yet have not produced a single example. So come clean. Until you can produce evidence, your credibility is zero.

nononsenseguy hi, you are so very correct, I cannot stand to watch our President more then 5 minutes, he gets on my friggin nerves, he hardly ever looks into the camera without the help of the teleprompter. And there is a ery sense about him, that I just do not trust. I try I find myself not trusting him. As far as Becks so called lies, I would like to see hard evidence please would you not nononsenseguy, I surely would. Facts please. And if your going to be bringing up lies about Beck and Bush please add our current President to the mix.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:13 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,418,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Many of those presidents have not been as good speakers as Obama but although they had help I don't remember any of them being so completely undressed as Obama has been when his failed. Speaking of him and his teleprompter, I keep thinking of the picture, earlier in this thread, with him and his index finger plugged into his nose because the words Pick Your NOse showed up on the teleprompter.
Obviously you never noticed how "country-bumpkin" your silver-spoon boy got, even WITH a prompter.

Quote:
Are you telling me that you have never and don't still see references to Bush speaking what lefties call the "Mission Accomplished" speech. You know they always mention him getting dressed up in the flight suit for the phot op. I just referred to the fact that although he was the Commander in Chief, to fly on a war plane he had to wear the necessary uniform and he did.
Firstly I realize perfectly that one must wear a flight suit. I've had the pleasure, actually. A rather life affirming flight for me, though I can proudly state that the suit was as clean when I took it off as when I had first donned it.

Second, if memory serves, he removed the flight suit and is pictured, usually, under the sign in his suit. Perhaps you hang around in more liberal settings than I.

Quote:
In 1977 I took a summer class in a university that was based on global cooling and over population. We read and discussed that book that the Ehrlichs and our present day Czar hero wrote and I think that I remember it quite well since I was 45 at the time and just a bit ahead in the thinking department compared to the left leaning undergrads of that time. Yep, they said that very thing about forced abortion at more than one conference back in those days.
You'll forgive me if I don't take your personal ancedote seriously, especially considering the decietful nature of media and relevant quotes from the book easily at hand.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:07 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times
Quote:
You talk about that photo op all the time with that term to describe it..
Show me one such post. Thanks.

He is not even wearing it. I see two teleprompters (the 3rd is in front of the camera), but no flight suit

Old 12-14-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Show me one such post. Thanks.

He is not even wearing it. I see two teleprompters (the 3rd is in front of the camera), but no flight suit
Wow, obviously photoshopped out of his suit and the prompters shopped in.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:04 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,715,505 times
Default Glennn apologizes

Glenn Beck - Videos

Old 12-14-2009, 02:45 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Wow, obviously photoshopped out of his suit and the prompters shopped in.
Yes, of course, of course....those liberal evil-doers did it to make Bush look bad..... They even gave him a red tie - the color of communism.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Yes, of course, of course....those liberal evil-doers did it to make Bush look bad..... They even gave him a red tie - the color of communism.
*applaus*. good one.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:45 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,715,505 times
Heard on the radio today while driving - another host touting gold - Goldline, to be exact. He MUST be getting a kickback, of course. It can't be that he's simply presenting a sales pitch for an advertiser that paid for it. Maybe he's in partnership with Beck.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:13 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,706,273 times
I'm still waiting for someone to point out one teleprompter, little alone 2!!

If you point out the 2 deflection shields, I'm going to call you an idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies