Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2009, 08:35 PM

974 posts, read 1,588,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I've been out of the country, too [Canada & Mexico]. So what? Does that make you smart or something? I don't think so but since you are a woman maybe you need to go cook something instead of blabbering about the confederate monuments that I look forward to defacing some day!

So not only are you closed minded, you are also a chauvinist gotcha.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:43 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,396,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
So not only are you closed minded, you are also a chauvinist gotcha.
Maybe colddiamond is a good cook & her family is waiting for her to cook some food. Ever think about that? Maybe they want the usual Saturday night chitterlings

Old 12-12-2009, 08:46 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,034,051 times
Quote:
I've been out of the country, too [Canada & Mexico]. So what? Does that make you smart or something? I don't think so but since you are a woman maybe you need to go cook something instead of blabbering about the confederate monuments that I look forward to defacing some day!
You've never been out of this continent. Your age and lack of life experience obviously limits your cognitive and social abilities. And trust me sweetie, I cant cook worth a damn (and I HATE cooking...Id rather build something), and you'd likely end up sick. ...but I have a cast-iron skillet that I might be able to find a better use for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Four years in the PI here, I learned how to NOT think like an American, , LOL, junior in CA has a long way to go before he can claim to have chewed the dirt we have Coldd. Maybe , just maybe, in 20 or so, he will know what he's talking about. Yongers can be a bit ...closed minded, from time to time. Kid's are like horses, born knowin' how to run, they have to be taught how to walk.
Im one of the "youngins". Im 23...but have obviously lived more of life than this child that is posting.

I find the suggestion I cook something rather funny, because in my efforts to do so Ive burned Ramen noodles, have given myself food poisoning twice, and have ruined countless pots and pans. Ive even made cake mix taste like corn bread...dont ask me how.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
You've never been out of this continent. Your age and lack of life experience obviously limits your cognitive and social abilities. And trust me sweetie, I cant cook worth a damn (and I HATE cooking...Id rather build something), and you'd likely end up sick. ...but I have a cast-iron skillet that I might be able to find a better use for.

Im one of the "youngins". Im 23...but have obviously lived more of life than this child that is posting.

I find the suggestion I cook something rather funny, because in my efforts to do so Ive burned Ramen noodles, have given myself food poisoning twice, and have ruined countless pots and pans. Ive even made cake mix taste like corn bread...dont ask me how.
Maybe I'll turn down your invitation to dinner. But since you are 23 there's still time to learn how to cook once you get married. What makes your "cognitive and social abilities" so much more worldly than me. I think you should practice what you preach. Do you hate latinos, too?

Old 12-12-2009, 09:02 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
Good lord, you are reminding me of the average intellect of your standard Texan, a BIG part of the reason I left that state.
And we here in TX really do appreciate you leaving, It's been such a nicer place.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:17 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post

Ah, but at 23, being female, your brain has grown back, unlike junior, who 's grey matter is still absent. Women mature faster than men. You, subsequently, were his intellectual equal, or better, some years back. He is still trying to 'prove his manhood', though does not yet realize what being a man really is. That honor does not get bestowed by virtue of ones mouth, or ability to get into trouble. But, I am preaching to the choir.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:27 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,034,051 times
Quote:
Maybe I'll turn down your invitation to dinner. But since you are 23 there's still time to learn how to cook once you get married. What makes your "cognitive and social abilities" so much more worldly than me. I think you should practice what you preach. Do you hate latinos, too?
My better half is smart and wont touch anything Ive attempted to cook. He prefers to do it himself when he's actually on this side of the planet.

Firstly, I know how to intelligently debate without resorting to childish threats. I can argue with facts and opinions without baiting and berating and being downright disrespectful to those I am disagreeing with.
Secondly, I obviously seem to make friends on this forum alot faster than you have shown the ability to.

And where the hell did I say I hated anyone? Hmm?? Quote me saying any such thing.
I dare you.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:47 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,571,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Only ignorant liberals could make excuses for black on white racism...

Keep living in a world limited by blinders
and this has nothing to do with liberals because I don't know many black folk wanting to deface a confederate monument.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:10 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,616,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
Ad Hominems, the classic ploy of a man with a losing argument and a slow wit.
Good try, but no cigar! There was no ad-hominem attack at all. You oughta know better than to try that cheap deflection...

Quote:
THE CITATION I PROVIDED WAS THE US CONSTITUTION (the point of this debate), NOT THE CONFEDERATE ONE, GENUIS!
The topic (not original) WAS THE CONFEDERACY LEAVING the union, NOT THEIR LAWS CREATED AFTERWARDS.
Now. talk about a losing argument and doing the twist...oh man.

What part of this don't you understand??? The Constitutional prohibition (which was in the CSA Constitution as well) on individual states entering into an alliance/treaty with another nation was in force ONLY if the said states were party to the original and voluntary contract. In other words, if Texas was party to the Constitution (U.S. or Confederate) it could not make a seperate agreement (on whatever matter) with Mexico. Neither could Massachusetts with England. Or Alabama or New York with who or whatever.

BUT...the Southern states declared and announced their secession -- by proper legislative/popular means -- from the voluntary contract and were therefore no longer bound, and free to enter into any new alliance they chose.

In this case, they chose to bond together and form a new Southern nation. They wrote up a new Constitution (very much modeled after the one of the Old Union) and put in the same stipulations. Which remained in force in the same way...

Quote:
Good lord, you are reminding me of the average intellect of your standard Texan, a BIG part of the reason I left that state.
Is THIS supposed to insult me? LMAO I am tempted to use the standard joke/line of that once you left the state, the average IQ of one was raised and the other lowered. But I won't. As it is, good luck and god-speed.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
and this has nothing to do with liberals because I don't know many black folk wanting to deface a confederate monument.
I do. And we are going to pay a visit to the nearest confederate monument [probably in Texas] just so we can deface it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies