Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2009, 12:01 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,288,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Will boot be like this? Because I know my eardrums will be shattered but it looks great to me.
You are one of those kids who will be cryin' for their mamma's in less than a week. You will be crying in your bunk - we love types like you.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:04 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,402,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I have been called down a time or 2 on CD but I've learned to never call names and try to communicate in an adult manner. The moderator might call what I said offensive but I was trying to shoot straight with you and call it as I see it without insulting anyone.

Many of your posts have logic but you usually end up throwing out insults which takes away from your credibility.

I am very impressed that you have picked the Marines, I'm not sure I could go that tough of a path in my younger days. We all wish you the best and thanks for serving this great nation.

I see some of your posts about the Confederacy and the south on some of the other threads. I hope no one ever trashes the great flag you are about to go fight for or your buddies who might have given their life for something they believe in.

I do believe once you've securely planted in the Marine Corp, they will help shape your ideas about fighting for a just reason.

We wish you the best, when do you report ?
I have to finish high school first.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You are one of those kids who will be cryin' for their mamma's in less than a week. You will be crying in your bunk - we love types like you.
You think I am scared? I look forward to the challenge. I like to do exercises btw.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:09 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,288,696 times
Quote:
I like to do exercises btw.
You won't

Old 12-13-2009, 01:50 PM

I asked on another thread why confederates don't want the Alamo destroyed. Latinos don't flock there like a shrine & get upset with graffiti either.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:16 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,073,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Where do you come by this nonesense? This is so crazy as to be -- as the old cliche' goes -- the rantings of a madman. Or just a plain babbling nut!

Are you saying that Lee tracked down runaway slaves and had them flogged and abused? Then, "sold south"? Can you cite your source for this lunatic allegation? I sincerely await...
The sworn statement of the slave himself sweety?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Norris, Louisiana State University Press, 467-468
My name is Wesley Norris; I was born a slave on the plantation of George Parke Custis; after the death of Mr. Custis, Gen. Lee, who had been made executor of the estate, assumed control of the slaves, in number about seventy; it was the general impression among the slaves of Mr. Custis that on his death they should be forever free; in fact this statement had been made to them by Mr. C. years before; at his death we were informed by Gen. Lee that by the conditions of the will we must remain slaves for five years...we were immediately taken before Gen. Lee, who demanded the reason why we ran away; we frankly told him that we considered ourselves free; he then told us he would teach us a lesson we never would forget...we were tied firmly to posts by a Mr. Gwin, our overseer, who was ordered by Gen. Lee to strip us to the waist and give us fifty lashes each, excepting my sister, who received but twenty...[Mr. Gwin] had sufficient humanity to decline whipping us; accordingly Dick Williams, a county constable, was called in, who gave us the number of lashes ordered; Gen. Lee, in the meantime, stood by, and frequently enjoined Williams to ""lay it on well,"" an injunction which he did not fail to heed; not satisfied with simply lacerating our naked flesh, Gen. Lee then ordered the overseer to thoroughly wash our backs with brine, which was done...After this my cousin and myself were sent to Hanover Court-House jail, my sister being sent to Richmond to an agent to be hired; we remained in jail about a week...what I have stated is true in every particular, and I can at any time bring at least a dozen witnesses, both white and black, to substantiate my statements.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
You think I am scared? I look forward to the challenge. I like to do exercises btw.
Boot camp will also fix your tendency to lip off.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:21 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,641,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Thanks for the Klan perspective on things
I should not even take the bait and reply, but it's a Sunday afternoon and I have some time on my hands.

Do you accuse everyone you disagree with of being involved with the Klan? You have some sharp debating skills..

Old 12-13-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
I should not even take the bait and reply, but it's a Sunday afternoon and I have some time on my hands.

Do you accuse everyone you disagree with of being involved with the Klan? You have some sharp debating skills..
Just those wearing white sheets.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:54 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,623,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
The sworn statement of the slave himself sweety?
A sworn statement? It all stemmed from an anonymous letter...darlin

THIS is what you are basing the claim upon? You really ARE a joke in terms of historical credibility. LOL

Description from Anonymous Letters Claim Lee Had Escaped Slaves Whipped - Timelines.com

Anyway, I gotta go eat supper and get ready to hit the sack. You have a good one now, ya hear?

Last edited by TexasReb; 12-13-2009 at 03:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies