Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 07:47 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,957,015 times

Advertisements

It's simple. Tiger Woods is black (I know caublinasian) and OJ is black so they are the same because you know all black men who marry white women are unfaithful murders. Oh and infidelity is the same as murder. If you are black and cheat on your white wife, you are a murder. If you are white and cheat on your white wife, you were just having some marrital issues that need to be worked out.

Glenn Beck is a nutjob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 07:51 AM

10,654 posts, read 18,706,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Didn't hear it nor did most of you I don't think. Oh, maybe you are closet Beck watchers.

If he said it, I am appalled. As for his personal life, he is an alcoholic and apparently a recovering drug user, but that has nothing to do with this. What do you know about his personal life other than what I just mentioned, whiich he has never tried to hide?

Anyone who compares Woods to Simpson should hang their head in shame, anyone who is a recovering drug user and is clean should not have this brought up period...

Nita
It's right there in the link provided by OP with audio. He most certainly did say it.

People bring up his problems because it's kind of hypocritical to call out others when you've had your own issues. Glass houses and stones and all, you know.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:58 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,344,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
If so many of you claim you do not watch Beck, how do you know of this?

If, as you claim, he is irrelevent, what difference does it make?

Personally, I don't watch him and could care less about what he says. There are plenty of other news sources and opinion mongers out there to agree/disagree with. He is just not worth the effort.
Beck's clips often appear on other shows and are passed around the internet in editorial type blogs. It's not hard to hear about what he says when he makes outrageous remarks like comparing OJ to Tiger. In addition, some of us who are not 'fans' still watch on occasion just to keep tabs on what he's doing/saying because, in my opinion, he is relevant in that he influences the attitudes and opinions of many of his adoring type viewers...and not in a good for society way.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:59 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,190,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
What a ridiculous comparison. Tiger's unfaithfulness and womanizing doesn't rise to the level of a double murder, for crying out loud...no pun intended. Tiger's career will survive after a rough year or so.
OJ was acquitted. Just sayin'.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
OJ was acquitted. Just sayin'.
True, he was acquitted in a criminal court but the civil court ruled against him.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:07 AM

73,132 posts, read 62,979,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
It's simple. Tiger Woods is black (I know caublinasian) and OJ is black so they are the same because you know all black men who marry white women are unfaithful murders. Oh and infidelity is the same as murder. If you are black and cheat on your white wife, you are a murder. If you are white and cheat on your white wife, you were just having some marrital issues that need to be worked out.

Glenn Beck is a nutjob.
Sounds about right. I think this goes back to the old days. Jack Johnson was known for liking White women(he is Black), and many people hated him for it. All of this going on is no different, just manifested in a different way.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:46 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,581,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Beck's clips often appear on other shows and are passed around the internet in editorial type blogs. It's not hard to hear about what he says when he makes outrageous remarks like comparing OJ to Tiger. In addition, some of us who are not 'fans' still watch on occasion just to keep tabs on what he's doing/saying because, in my opinion, he is relevant in that he influences the attitudes and opinions of many of his adoring type viewers...and not in a good for society way.
If you truly find him so offensive, I would think that you would avoid any article that cites his name. Much easier to ignore when you avoid anything he says. For the most part, that is what I do.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:56 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,159,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
It's right there in the link provided by OP with audio. He most certainly did say it.

People bring up his problems because it's kind of hypocritical to call out others when you've had your own issues. Glass houses and stones and all, you know.
Did I say he didn't say it, I was asking where the link was cause I didn't see it?

There are all kinds of issues and the past is exactly that..

Nita

Old 12-11-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
If you truly find him so offensive, I would think that you would avoid any article that cites his name. Much easier to ignore when you avoid anything he says. For the most part, that is what I do.
Ignoring the coverage on a wildfire doesn't protect you from being destroyed by it if you're in its path. Beck is like that. He as the potential to destroy if not checked once in a while by the truth. I have several family members who are always quoting Rush, Beck and Hannity so it helps to know what these guys are actually saying instead hearing just the regurgitated versions.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 12-11-2009 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: added last sentence

Old 12-11-2009, 09:11 AM

29,917 posts, read 39,554,669 times
Did you even listen to the clip? You know Beck is also a comedian... right?

Since you guys follow his every move I would have thunk you'd know that by now... You don't have to like his comedy or him but there 100's if not 1,000's of comedians who "go there".

Of course your puppet master wouldn't want to mention all that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies