Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2010, 12:44 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
By the way, how dare you assert that I have "childish ideas" - as I am not a child so it's not possible for me to have childish ideas. You see how that works???
So adults can't act childish? That is a new one to me. Not only are you being childish, but you are being defensive and overly dramatic. It sounds to me that you have had this argument with others before.

Quote:
I am a 47 year-old woman and wife of 26+ years, with a large family of my own, ranging in ages almost 26 to age 8. I don't want you telling me or my family what is socially and morally acceptable to YOU and I don't want you telling me how to live. I have already figured out what I want, how to raise my children, and I will let them govern themselves as they transition into adulthood (as several of them already have).
I have this conversation all the time with my niece, who is 14. She is a rebellious teenager who doesn't want to listen to anyone else. She lives with her mother who is single and has drug problems. She doesn't want to go to school, she refuses to put any effort into school, and she hangs out with a bad element. My other sister has children who are in a two-parent family, and her children are doing very well in school, they are already scouting out colleges, and they don't have any real problems.

My niece tells me that I shouldn't lecture her because it does no good. She says she is "set in her ways" and talking to her does no good. I asked her, at what age does someone become "set in their ways". She replied "14". But I said, that I had been talking to her for years and she has always been telling me the same thing. We have been having conversations about school since she was probably eight. Yet, she tries to give me some bogus crap about how she can't change.

The truth is, she can change and she will change. But why do people change? They change because things happen in their lives, and they "learn" how the world works, and they adjust.

I am sure you are telling your children what you expect from them, I am sure there are things that are unacceptable to you. So why are these things unacceptable to you? Do you think EVERYONE would agree with you? I am sure there are many, many people who will not agree with how you are raising your children. People like me, who probably think you are too easy on them, and others who think you are too hard on them. So who is right? Should no one else in society be able to desire to influence you or your children? Are all parents good parents?

Even you as a 46-year old, are really just a rebellious teenager. A defensive, bitter old woman. Because your family and society doesn't agree with your bad decisions. You have absolutely no principles, you stand for nothing, because you allow things to happen around you, and you don't want to fight for anything. Indifference is not a virtue.

Quote:
You fail to see that no one wants your control or authority because we are all born with our own noggin and free will. I don't want you to do the thinking for me because I can do it for myself and others can think for themselves and make their own choices. It doesn't mean that if you personally don't have your finger in everyone's pies that the whole world will spontaneously combust. Even God lets us make our own choices and decisions; yet those who supposedly purport to be "Christians" can't do the same. What makes the religious right think that their authority supercedes God's????? I personally am not interested in the Christian right's interpretation of the bible and/or religion or morality because quite frankly I find it quite convuluted and perverted (in the original sense of the word).
You are really taking this whole "free will" thing to a ridiculous level. Do you honestly believe everyone should be allowed to do any kind of depraved and disgusting act just because they have "free will". Do you think that no one should be allowed to influence others, or "judge" others for their bad behavior, just because we all have "free will"? Yes, we have laws, but who made those laws? We did. Based on what we believe is right and wrong. Why is a child all the sudden an adult at 18? Is 18 some sort of magical number? Society judges, and it should judge, because we want to create a better society for all of us.

I don't want to make decisions for anyone, but I do want to educate others on the truth about the world. If it was up to me, there would posters in every room of every school that showed the average income level of a non-high school graduate, a high-school graduate, and a college graduate. People would know what to expect from day one. At every gas pump, I would put a picture of Osama Bin Laden saying "Thanks for filling up and supporting terrorism." I would send home flyers to children and parents about the severe problems associated with single-parent families, everything from drugs, depression, crime, lower-educational attainment. In schools I would put in plain sight the statistics showing the number of children born to single mothers.

I am not in the business of making decisions for everyone else. But I do believe in educating people. How can someone possibly make decisions if they don't have all the facts? And this liberal coverup job of the truth because we are afraid to offend anyone, is a huge cause of our problems.

Quote:
And by the way, you might want to get yourself an actual history book vs. the revisionist history you are being offered by extreme right-wing idealogues because America was NOT founded by evangalical prudes. That is an out and out revisionist fabrication.
Do you have any idea who the puritans are? How about the Amish? The Quakers? The entire New England area was settled by these groups. Only the southern states weren't founded by ultra-conservative christians. Those states were seen by the northeast conservatives as "backwards", uncultured, and immoral(slavery). Havn't you noticed the extremely large number of evangelical christians in this country? This country is far more conservative than almost all of Europe and even Canada. Why do you think?

It is amazing to me that a country as conservative as ours, has the highest single-parent family rates in the entire world. It is amazing to me that more than half of all children in this country are fed by the government. It is amazing to me that our murder rate is one of the highest in the world. It is amazing to me that we have more people in prison than anywhere else in the entire world. It is amazing to me that, a country as rich and successful as ours, is lagging so far behind the rest of the developed world in education.

And do you know what. I blame people like you for all of our problems. Because you don't want to stand up and say "I want better for my country". And actually fight for what is right.

You people sicken me.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 01-30-2010 at 12:55 PM..

Old 01-30-2010, 02:20 PM

236 posts, read 237,105 times
What's this? White Americans opposing interracial marriages? Good gosh, so do many Black, Hispanic, Asian etc etc people.

Here's a good one for you, from a gay perspective... Some black gays thinking it's wrong to date outside their race. We've ended up in flame wars over this on other sites. According to them, a black person goes with a white person because the black feels inferior, and dating a white is a 'step up', and white gay condescend to let the black person date them. I nearly blew a widget. Meanwhile you have white gays wishing they had colour in them. Good for them. Once we're all mixes maybe racism will die its overdue death. Some asian gays saying white gays are intellectually inferior because of, yep, their race.

I say this because it's important to realize that racism is everywhere in every skin colour. Look at the Chinese and middle Eastern caste systems. Racism within a race.

There's not one race innocent of this. Bigotry is pan-demographic, apparently.

-Doug of thosemeninlove

Old 01-30-2010, 03:49 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,985,065 times
Redshadowz
And do you know what. I blame people like you for all of our problems. Because you don't want to stand up and say "I want better for my country". And actually fight for what is right.
You people sicken me.

So you saying the real problems on your nation is really due to the people that only that have a different skin colour than you.

Also people of the same skin colour as you that don't share your beliefs regarding interracial relationships even though some of your ansestors were not white.

Last edited by other99; 01-30-2010 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 01-30-2010, 04:13 PM

lol redshadowz, just North of the US lies a very large and diverse country known as Canada. We live there.

Our country uses a mosaic philosophy and template. We celebrate multiculturalism and ethnicity. Do we have problems in Canada? Sure we do. Every place does, whether they take the xenophobic approach we're parsing from your posts, or not.

respectfully -Doug and Bill of thosemeninlove

Old 01-30-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Redshadowz
You people sicken me.

So you saying the real problems on your nation is really due to the people that only that have a different skin colour than you.

Also people of the same skin colour as you that don't share your beliefs regarding interracial relationships even though some of your ansestors were not white.
You are taking far too simplistic a point-of-view about this situation.

What you should be doing, is talking about our society and how it has changed over the past 200 years. Technology has improved, the size of homes has improved, monetarily things have gotten better. But what about the integrity of society?

Drug abuse is out of control, teenage pregnancies have been on a steady rise, crime has skyrocketed since the 60's. The number of single-parent families has also skyrocketed. Charity donations are falling, and people have become more and more self-centered. From a moral point-of-view, this country has been on a constant downward spiral. We are becoming the modern day version of Sodom and Gomorrah.

If you could take the family values from the 1950's and give them our technology, wouldn't we be better off?

Interracial relationships have an excessively high failure rate. What happens when they fail? You have children raised in fatherless homes. And yes, woman can remarry. But the chances of a mother of mixed-race children remarrying is much lower than if they were single-race. More than 1/3rd of our children are raised in fatherless homes, and more than half of all children will be raised for more than a year in a fatherless home before they are 18.

So why does this matter?

Children from fatherless homes are,
4.6 times more likely to commit suicide,
6.6 times to become teenage mothers,
24.3 times more likely to run away,
15.3 times more likely to have behavioural disorders,
6.3 times more likely to be in a state-operated institutions,
10.8 times more likely to commit rape,
6.6 times more likely to drop out of school,
15.3 times more likely to end up in prison while a teenager

A Child in a female-headed home is 10 times more likely to be beaten or murdered.

Seventy percent of long-term prison inmates grew up in broken homes.

A single divorce can cost state and federal governments more than $30,000 in court fees, increased bankruptcies, food stamps, and public housing benefits.

Children Of Divorce: The Shocking Statistics

18 Shocking Statistics about Children and Divorce

WorldVillage » 10 Shocking Statistics about Children and Divorce

I get so tired of people believing that race is nothing but the color of your skin, or some trivial physical differences. Behavior, hormone levels, lung size, brain shape/size, brain function, inheritable diseases, things like lactose-intollerance, gestation period, childhood developement, and a billion other things are much different between the "races".

And yes, you have huge physiological differences which enable some groups to be great at basketball or football or running or swimming or diving or gymnastics or whatever.

The question isn't about whether or not there are differences, because everyone knows that there are(except voluntarily ignorant race-deniers). The question is whether it should matter. There are obvious strengths and weaknesses from each group, so what do you get if you mix them together?

I mean, what good does it do to mix a poodle with a golden retreiver? You just get a mutt. Sometimes the mutt is very cute and has a exotic look. But sometimes the mutts are extremely ugly and look almost deformed. That is pretty much the state of human interracial breeding.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:00 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,662,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

What you should be doing, is talking about our society and how it has changed over the past 200 years. Technology has improved, the size of homes has improved, monetarily things have gotten better. But what about the integrity of society?

Drug abuse is out of control, teenage pregnancies have been on a steady rise, crime has skyrocketed since the 60's. The number of single-parent families has also skyrocketed. Charity donations are falling, and people have become more and more self-centered. From a moral point-of-view, this country has been on a constant downward spiral. We are becoming the modern day version of Sodom and Gomorrah.

If you could take the family values from the 1950's and give them our technology, wouldn't we be better off?

Interracial relationships have an excessively high failure rate. What happens when they fail? You have children raised in fatherless homes. And yes, woman can remarry. But the chances of a mother of mixed-race children remarrying is much lower than if they were single-race. More than 1/3rd of our children are raised in fatherless homes, and more than half of all children will be raised for more than a year in a fatherless home before they are 18.

So why does this matter?

Children from fatherless homes are,
4.6 times more likely to commit suicide,
6.6 times to become teenage mothers,
24.3 times more likely to run away,
15.3 times more likely to have behavioural disorders,
6.3 times more likely to be in a state-operated institutions,
10.8 times more likely to commit rape,
6.6 times more likely to drop out of school,
15.3 times more likely to end up in prison while a teenager

A Child in a female-headed home is 10 times more likely to be beaten or murdered.

Seventy percent of long-term prison inmates grew up in broken homes.

A single divorce can cost state and federal governments more than $30,000 in court fees, increased bankruptcies, food stamps, and public housing benefits.

Children Of Divorce: The Shocking Statistics

18 Shocking Statistics about Children and Divorce

WorldVillage » 10 Shocking Statistics about Children and Divorce

I get so tired of people believing that race is nothing but the color of your skin, or some trivial physical differences. Behavior, hormone levels, lung size, brain shape/size, brain function, inheritable diseases, things like lactose-intollerance, gestation period, childhood developement, and a billion other things are much different between the "races".

And yes, you have huge physiological differences which enable some groups to be great at basketball or football or running or swimming or diving or gymnastics or whatever.

The question isn't about whether or not there are differences, because everyone knows that there are(except voluntarily ignorant race-deniers). The question is whether it should matter. There are obvious strengths and weaknesses from each group, so what do you get if you mix them together?

I mean, what good does it do to mix a poodle with a golden retreiver? You just get a mutt. Sometimes the mutt is very cute and has a exotic look. But sometimes the mutts are extremely ugly and look almost deformed. That is pretty much the state of human interracial breeding.
Aww, Obama is so cute in that pic. I particular like it when he looks presidential.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thosemeninlove View Post
lol redshadowz, just North of the US lies a very large and diverse country known as Canada. We live there.

Our country uses a mosaic philosophy and template. We celebrate multiculturalism and ethnicity. Do we have problems in Canada? Sure we do. Every place does, whether they take the xenophobic approach we're parsing from your posts, or not.

respectfully -Doug and Bill of thosemeninlove
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Canada is hardly multi-racial. There are almost no hispanics or blacks in Canada. There are mostly Asians and whites. The idea of multi-culturalism in Canada comes primarily from the French in Quebec and the English-speaking rest of the country.

I am sorry if I don't see the asian invasion of extremely high IQ's, conservative family-centric values, and low crime. As being the same as the invasion of blacks or similar, who are generally the exact opposite.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Canada is hardly multi-racial. There are almost no hispanics or blacks in Canada. There are mostly Asians and whites. The idea of multi-culturalism in Canada comes primarily from the French in Quebec and the English-speaking rest of the country.

I am sorry if I don't see the asian invasion of extremely high IQ's, conservative family-centric values, and low crime. As being the same as the invasion of blacks or similar, who are generally the exact opposite.
ROFL! Asian is not a single race, redshadows. Our ethic minorities make up 49% of our population. The only reason you see black and hispanic as an issue is because of how the US has historically treated them. Canada has long been a haven for blacks escaping persecution down there. Read about the underground railway. Our middle eastern populations grow by the day.

What you just said about blacks and hispanics is highly offensive stuff. We're both a little surprised at you.

When someone states we don't know what we're talking about in the way you just did, then turns about and exhibits a huge streak of racism, we immediately know how seriously to take them, which is very little.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thosemeninlove View Post
ROFL! Asian is not a single race, redshadows. Our ethic minorities make up 49% of our population. The only reason you see black and hispanic as an issue is because of how the US has historically treated them. Canada has long been a haven for blacks escaping persecution down there. Read about the underground railway. Our middle eastern populations grow by the day.

What you just said about blacks and hispanics is highly offensive stuff. We're both a little surprised at you.

When someone states we don't know what we're talking about in the way you just did, then turns about and exhibits a huge streak of racism, we immediately know how seriously to take them, which is very little.
Umm, wtf are you talking about?

Ethnic groups in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Demographics of Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow, Canada is 2% black, 1% hispanic, and 1% arab. The entire remainder are Asians and Whites. Sounds pretty multi-racial. NOT.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:26 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,985,065 times
Quote:

Well I dont really care what the President looks like. Just as I dont really care what my boss at work looks like and I am much more concerned about my boss and the President performance than what he looks like on the outside.

Well if u want to compare to the poverty rates to the 1950s to now the poverty rate was higher then.

In the late 1950s, the poverty rate for all Americans was 22.4 percent, or 39.5 million individuals. These numbers declined steadily throughout the 1960s, reaching a low of 11.1 percent, or 22.9 million individuals, in 1973. Over the next decade, the poverty rate fluctuated between 11.1 and 12.6 percent, but it began to rise steadily again in 1980. By 1983, the number of poor individuals had risen to 35.3 million individuals, or 15.2 percent.

For the next ten years, the poverty rate remained above 12.8 percent, increasing to 15.1 percent, or 39.3 million individuals, by 1993. The rate declined for the remainder of the decade, to 11.3 percent by 2000. From 2000 to 2004 it rose each year to 12.7 in 2004.

National Poverty Center | University of Michigan

If you wwant to put race into the debate in the USA the highest rate of suicides for white men than any other race or gender.
Suicide Statistics at Suicide.org! Suicide Statistics, Suicide Statistics, Suicide Statistics, Suicide Statistics, Suicide Statistics!

These civil rights workers were murdered by white extremists in the south several decades ago

http://cmacivor.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/fbi-3-murders.jpg (broken link)

anyway is this the type of mob mentality u want your country to return to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies