Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2010, 07:47 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I am not insecure about interracial marriages, I just do not see ANYTHING positive that comes out of them. Their failure rate is almost twice as high as a single-race relationships failure rate. I get really tired of seeing a person of any race, that is single with mixed-race children. And that is what I almost always see. I have never met any woman with mixed-race children that is still with the father of the children after even 5 years. And the vast majority of women with interracial children aren't even with the father by the time the baby is born.
Wow. What a bunch of nonsense. Where shall I start? With my daughter's marriage of 25 years? With 3 women friends who are black and have been married to white men for more than 30 years? With 4 male friends who are black and have been married to white women for times of from 12 years to 45 years? You really need to start hanging around with a better class of people. Or quit getting all your opinions from Stormfront.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:18 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Red, I have to give it to you, how many threads have you started like this one? I count two so far. The one on vanity fair lack of diversity is a good one. You post something that gives the readers the impression that you are a whinning person of color and everyone who thinks like you gets all "fired up" and start bashing each other........Congrats on being a first class......ASS!

Old 02-03-2010, 09:20 PM

592 posts, read 414,726 times
I'm going to agree with Red but instead of arguing that there is no positive, I will argue that most people marry within their race. The implication of this is that most people are racist.

There's a reason why people tend to live with their own kind - unless they are very foolhardy. The reason is most people are racist. You might not want to think black people are racist but go into a black neighborhood and people will look at you like, what are you doing here? You are in fact invading their 'hood'. You have no right. You are a stranger. It's a subtle reminder that most people, if not all people, are racist.

It's interesting that the ones who are most in denial of this fact are female, and they are the ones who say they have a right to inter racial relationships. However, males have a different point of view. To a male, inter racial relationships are a sign of disrespect. I think most males would agree. It's hard enough for males to share their food. It's almost impossible to ask males to share their females. And females who willfully disregard our feelings about this are jettisoned from their group. Don't even think of going back.

Guys, females are pitting us against each other. We know it but we don't say anything. And the guys who are breaking the rules need to be reminded that they are disrespecting their brother and causing him to be angry. Bottom line is stay away from the females who want to experiment.

You might say females are the primary cause of racism in this country.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:33 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
I'm going to agree with Red but instead of arguing that there is no positive, I will argue that most people marry within their race. The implication of this is that most people are racist.

There's a reason why people tend to live with their own kind - unless they are very foolhardy. The reason is most people are racist. You might not want to think black people are racist but go into a black neighborhood and people will look at you like, what are you doing here? You are in fact invading their 'hood'. You have no right. You are a stranger. It's a subtle reminder that most people, if not all people, are racist.

It's interesting that the ones who are most in denial of this fact are female, and they are the ones who say they have a right to inter racial relationships. However, males have a different point of view. To a male, inter racial relationships are a sign of disrespect. I think most males would agree. It's hard enough for males to share their food. It's almost impossible to ask males to share their females. And females who willfully disregard our feelings about this are jettisoned from their group. Don't even think of going back.

Guys, females are pitting us against each other. We know it but we don't say anything. And the guys who are breaking the rules need to be reminded that they are disrespecting their brother and causing him to be angry. Bottom line is stay away from the females who want to experiment.

It is rather hard for me to fathom this. I am male and I don't see interracial marriage as a sign of disrespect.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:48 PM

592 posts, read 414,726 times
Quote:
It is rather hard for me to fathom this. I am male and I don't see interracial marriage as a sign of disrespect.
You're not really thinking about it.

It's not something we think about all the time, and we have been conditioned to a point, but we are not so superior that we can over-come our biology. You're a tolerant individual, which is O.K., but you're just making things worse by saying you don't see my point.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:58 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:

As a male, I couldn't disagree more with this disgusting garbage post.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:00 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
You're not really thinking about it.

It's not something we think about all the time, and we have been conditioned to a point, but we are not so superior that we can over-come our biology. You're a tolerant individual, which is O.K., but you're just making things worse by saying you don't see my point.
I wouldn't consider myself tolerant because tolerance implies putting up with something you really don't like. My reasoning is this: I don't see interracial dating/marriage as a bad thing. I have no reason to hate it or fear it. I don't even know who my future wife will be. She might be Black. She might be White. She might be Hispanic. She might be Asian, Pacific Islander, Native American,etc. I can't worry about that too much because I have never had a girlfriend. What I meant by not being able to fathom it is that I could not imagine myself thinking along those lines when it comes to marriage. I think of the good persons I have met, who were of all different ethnicities. If anyone of them were to marry an African-American, I would welcome it. I would also hope the same thing from them.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:55 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
That could be because you are not only male but also a MAN. That makes a difference. A MAN isn't so insecure that he sees males of other races as a threat and a MAN doesn't believe that all women of his own race are HIS property to hoard or dispose of as he sees fit. Congratualtions. Obviously you were well rasied. Wish all males were MEN like you.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:58 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
As a male, I couldn't disagree more with this disgusting garbage post.

Good. Another male that is a MAN. Reassuring to know that you guys are out there and that the male gender hasn't all turned into a bunch of insecure bigots who are afraid that they won't get their fair share of females if they have to compete with males of other races.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:59 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
they dont, when is the last time you saw whites go off on a WM BF couple?
for the BM WF its not usually about race, its about her picking snoop dog instead of a AA winner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies