Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 01:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
So because the site told the story of an innocent person being tortured under Bush it is leaning left? What is leaning right; covering the story up? According to you I lean left because I am against the torture of innocent people, so by your logic everyone on the right supports the torture of innocent people. I think you may find that while you support fascist torture of innocent people, most right wingers don't.
I didn't read the article but what forms of torture did they mention in in. Surely they didn't just say torture and leave it at that. Since I don't read truthout maybe you could tell me the kinds of torture that were used on this man.

Did you miss the fact that all those residents of Gitmo tell about the same story once they are released but not before? Is there a chance that the jihadists know they can take advantage of the left leaners in this country by telling their lies to the media?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 02:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
So because the site told the story of an innocent person being tortured under Bush it is leaning left? What is leaning right; covering the story up? According to you I lean left because I am against the torture of innocent people, so by your logic everyone on the right supports the torture of innocent people. I think you may find that while you support fascist torture of innocent people, most right wingers don't.
There won't be any more innocents taken prisoner since every one of them has to have his Miranda Rights read to him as if he were a citizen of the US and not doing it on the field of battle will allow them to go free. Pelosi is about all I can say for your story.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:13 PM

346 posts, read 407,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Remember, these days "torture" means putting them in cold rooms, playing loud rock music, keeping them awake, etc.
Don't forget giving em ice cream without cookies and chocolate syrup. How dare we treat these folks like that!!

Old 12-11-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Oh, I forgot, the torturers are innocent.
Hey your post says how republicans are all bloodthirsty torture mongers hence your a kook.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
There won't be any more innocents taken prisoner since every one of them has to have his Miranda Rights read to him as if he were a citizen of the US and not doing it on the field of battle will allow them to go free. Pelosi is about all I can say for your story.
The terrorists can thank the lefties for this as we will just grab em and question em on the battlefield and shoot em on the spot now hopefully instead of going through this entire sharade. I guess I thank the lefties too as now poof the bad guys are gone and not spewing their lies and propoganda.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:33 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
A year into Obama's term and he's just now being released?

If he was so innocent, then why wasn't he released to Kuwait on January 21, 2009?

Obama shares about a years worth of culpability. Are you liberals prepared to acknowledge this fact?
This is a good point not to mention the fact that GITMO hasn't been officially closed yet. I have no problem with people indicting Bush for this but be fair about this. Obama hasn't been Mr. Antiwar either. He failed to withdraw troops from Iraq like he promised during his campaign. He just increased 30,000 troops in Afghanistan. And he has failed to close down GITMO like he promised. I have no problem blaming Bush but blame his successor as well...President Obama.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:36 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
But at what point do you respect humanity? Forget laws, religions etc. At what point do you look past your b.s. and understand this was a human being who was tortured regardless if his name isn't George Smith of Falls Baptist Church in Texas? Be thankful you are white. What if you were an innocent person of Middle Eastern decent who was taken into these camps. There is nothing you can do to help yourself. You think that's right! Seriously, this is why people say guys like you are the white version of the Taliban. You don't care, you are just the White Americanized version of them.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:44 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyeller View Post
Hey your post says how republicans are all bloodthirsty torture mongers hence your a kook.
Republicans would never drink the blood of evil - They're much too sanitary for that.

Old 12-11-2009, 03:25 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyeller View Post
Don't forget giving em ice cream without cookies and chocolate syrup. How dare we treat these folks like that!!
And glazed turkey for Thanksgiving. How terrible!

Old 12-11-2009, 04:41 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Wow, so now the scumbag is released what will he do now, blow something up I assume or behead an innocent American.

Keep your eyes on this one, so we can blame the left wing loons for anything he does from today forward.

The OP uses the word torture when there are no facts this person was ever tortured at all.

Terrorists are NOT covered by the Geneva Convention therefore no rules apply to them.

Thanks to Bush millions of us are still safe. Lets see if the idiot in the WH right now can keep us safe like Bush did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies