Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2009, 08:19 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
The problem with your curt, seemingly morally superior argument is that you, as a conservative, refuse to invest in social well-being programs.

So, you're screwing people on both sides. You want to force them to have children and then won't support the necessary funding to ensure they can feed and raise the children well.

You can't have it both ways.
EXACTLY why I always say "prolife" instead of prolife because we all know how loving and PRO LIFE these anti women people are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 08:19 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,976,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
A point I need to make.

Sex does NOT always result in pregnancy.

Another, legalizing abortion has nothing to do with the increase in divorce rates. Said increase began before RvW.

Another case of anti-choice people stretching for reasons to legally eliminate abortions.

If you people spent just half the amount of time and enegry on targeted education to lower the nubmers, we could be celebrating number below 500,000 a eyar by now.

But sex is how pregnancy occurs, no? So people should exercise more discretion regarding when and with whom they have sex.

P.S...I didnt bring up a correlation between and abortions and divorce rates..Geero did...I was merely replying to her own subject of choice. So if anything THAT PRO CHOICE person is stretching for reasons to legally eliminate abortions or whatever you are accusing me of.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:25 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
The problem with your curt, seemingly morally superior argument is that you, as a conservative, refuse to invest in social well-being programs.

So, you're screwing people on both sides. You want to force them to have children and then won't support the necessary funding to ensure they can feed and raise the children well.

Well first of all conservatives, do not refuse to invest in social well being programs, in fact I would say they personally invest more , physically and monetarily, than most liberals. ( We just believe in getting our hands dirty and not throwing our personal responsibility onto the government) Secondly nobody is forcing anyone to have children. (We just believe that perhaps teaching personal responsibility would be much better than just making the result of irresponsibility disposable)See, some of us refuse to use an innocent child's life to further our political agenda.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:33 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Well first of all conservatives, do not refuse to invest in social well being programs, in fact I would say they personally invest more , physically and monetarily, than most liberals. ( We just believe in getting our hands dirty and not throwing our personal responsibility onto the government) Secondly nobody is forcing anyone to have children. (We just believe that perhaps teaching personal responsibility would be much better than just making the result of irresponsibility disposable)See, some of us refuse to use an innocent child's life to further our political agenda.
You can't build the type of infrastructure necessary to support the number of children your values would bring into the world through donations and church outings.

It needs to be institutionalized, and that is what you refuse to support.

You're assuming a fetus is a child, which is certainly not a confirmed scientific stance. I'm not getting into it here, but you should keep your language of belief out of a rational discussion. It doesn't help anything.

You're also assuming that pregnancy is inherently associated with responsibility. Ever notice that wealthy, educated people don't get knocked up on accident very often? Ever notice that poor people in rural and urban communities do? I can assure you none of the groups are having any more sex than the others.

It has a LOT more to do with socio-economics than it does any moral righteous stance. By making abortion illegal, you're basically screwing the least capable populations we have.

Banning abortion would make as much sense as banning war and be as effective as banning drugs has been. They wouldn't go away. They'd just go underground. You know it and I know it, so let's keep them safe and work to get rid of them another way than by forcing government into our lives (which, last I checked, you're supposed to oppose).

Old 12-13-2009, 08:38 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:

DING DING DING!!

Quote:
You can't build the type of infrastructure necessary to support the number of children your values would bring into the world through donations and church outings.

You're assuming a fetus is a child, which is certainly not a confirmed scientific stance. I'm not getting into it here, but you should keep your language of belief out of a rational discussion. It doesn't help anything.

You're also assuming that pregnancy is inherently associated with responsibility. Ever notice that wealthy, educated people don't get knocked up on accident very often? Ever notice that poor people in rural and urban communities do? I can assure you none of the groups are having any more sex than the others.

It has a LOT more to do with socio-economics than it does any moral righteous stance. By making abortion illegal,
you're basically screwing the least capable populations we have.

Banning abortion would make as much sense as banning war and be as effective as banning drugs has been. They wouldn't go away. They'd just go underground. You know it and I know it, so let's keep them safe and work to get rid of them another way than by forcing government into our lives (which, last I checked, you're supposed to oppose).

Old 12-13-2009, 08:54 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,127,435 times
Quote:

ASSuming again. See post #148.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:03 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:

It has a LOT more to do with socio-economics than it does any moral righteous stance. By making abortion illegal, you're basically screwing the least capable populations we have.

Again a whole lot of nonsense that adds up to nothing but rationalizing about how the cons, out way the pros, when deciding that it is just unacceptable to kill any baby that could be deemed a hardship or inconveniance...........................Abortion - Pro Life - Click Here to See What Abortion Looks Like

Old 12-13-2009, 09:11 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
[quote=solytaire;12015360]But sex is how pregnancy occurs, no? So people should exercise more discretion regarding when and with whom they have sex.

the people who do show discretion are not the problem. when people say just stop having sex, use birth control...these are not the people having abortions for the most part. it is irresponsible folks who will never be responsible, hence the term irresponsible

Old 12-13-2009, 09:38 PM

446 posts, read 831,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Mold free environment....................................... ................................it is better to kill a baby than let them grow up in a fatherless mold free environment. To all those who have such a cavalier attitude towards ending an innocent life, because admittedly some of them would have, far from perfect lives. How many genius's, inventions, modern conveniences, scientific advancements and breakthroughs, how many men that contributed greatly to this world, that grew up in less than perfect circumstances,would we not have today if their mother would have decided to play God and decide who deserves to live and who doesnt!! Mold free environment....................................... ............................
Just like you to pick out one thing and mock it because you don't have a clue how it would really be....yeah, so find something to say to draw attention away from the real question at hand because you'll try and make the poster look stupid. I've seen the same thing over and over on this thread.

There is no point to this any longer because you all say the same thing. Oh, you may use a different noun or verb here and there but it's all based on religious propaganda and political folly.

Hide behind your bible, hide behind your political views...just keep hiding and keeping your heads in the sand. We mods and liberals do just fine on our own.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:45 PM

446 posts, read 831,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
ASSuming again. See post #148.
\\

We used to say that in Elementary school. I didn't know ADULTS still talked like that.

Really pretty silly...................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies