Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 09:16 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Oh! My! G-d!

You are SO BLIND you cannot SEE!

Imagine if you had the same family medical issues you currently have, but were INELIGIBLE FOR INSURANCE because you lost your job at some point early in your medical problems and were DENIED COVERAGE DUE TO PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS.

Imagine if you and your family didn't have ANY insurance because you were priced out of the market PURPOSEFULLY by the insurance companies and your government didn't provide you with ANY option to care for your family aside from showing up at the emergency room as needed and then absconding on the bill, passing off the cost of your family's care on everyone WITH insurance.

How you can be so OBLIVIOUS to this concept is beyond my comprehension.

Imagine, imagine, imagine. I guess you have a great imagination because it did not happen. And guess what, everyone in my family has pre-existing conditions. Guess what else? I have had no health insurance twice for short periods and still got health care even without health insurance. And one more thing I have also carried COBRA 2 times at a exorbitant rate.

I guess I am oblivious because I am a doer not a whiner. I take care of problems rather that whine and expect others to. If someone needs health care they can get it if they look hard enough.
You know, I have a VERY difficult time believing what you said in your post. With all due respect, the circumstances you cite sound more like the circumstances which would be put out there in an email from big insurance to be posted on a message board. You have far toooooo many health/insurance related issues in your post for it to even sound realistic.

From reading the threads and posts on CD concerning health care reform, I've come to the conclusion that a large number of "Americans" are just simply stupid and gullible. They support big insurance without even realizing that they've been "had." They support big insurance AGAINST THEIR OWN BEST INTERESTS. Therefore, I think "most Americans" (if, in fact, most Americans are opposed to healthcare reform) deserve what's coming their way in terms of future medical care. The rich may continue for a time to have good health insurance and get treatment. And the MIDDLE INCOME and POOR PEOPLE will continue to die and suffer in larger numbers because they cannot AFFORD to pay the premiums for health insurance which support the GRAND LIFESTYLES OF THE RICH INSURANCE COMPANY EXECUTIVES, etc.

If "most Americans" oppose this healthcare reform bill, then "most Americans" deserve what they get if it fails. Call Joe Lieberman when you or someone in your family needs health care which is far beyond your/their means; however, my guess would be that Mr. Lieberman would just tell you about the "costs" being too high and then maybe give you a lecture on the merits of market economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
He needs to be recalled. The people of CN need to hold a recall vote and get that jerk out of the Senate. I can't believe that he's still in office at this point. If they organize a campaign against him, I will be happy to donate some money to it.
What a great, great, great idea!!

I am so sick of Joe Lieberman he makes me want to puke!

Old 12-15-2009, 09:33 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,931,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
You know, I have a VERY difficult time believing what you said in your post. With all due respect, the circumstances you cite sound more like the circumstances which would be put out there in an email from big insurance to be posted on a message board. You have far toooooo many health/insurance related issues in your post for it to even sound realistic.

From reading the threads and posts on CD concerning health care reform, I've come to the conclusion that a large number of "Americans" are just simply stupid and gullible. They support big insurance without even realizing that they've been "had." They support big insurance AGAINST THEIR OWN BEST INTERESTS. Therefore, I think "most Americans" (if, in fact, most Americans are opposed to healthcare reform) deserve what's coming their way in terms of future medical care. The rich may continue for a time to have good health insurance and get treatment. And the MIDDLE INCOME and POOR PEOPLE will continue to die and suffer in larger numbers because they cannot AFFORD to pay the premiums for health insurance which support the GRAND LIFESTYLES OF THE RICH INSURANCE COMPANY EXECUTIVES, etc.

If "most Americans" oppose this healthcare reform bill, then "most Americans" deserve what they get if it fails. Call Joe Lieberman when you or someone in your family needs health care which is far beyond your/their means; however, my guess would be that Mr. Lieberman would just tell you about the "costs" being too high and then maybe give you a lecture on the merits of market economy.
You can believe it or not, it does not change the fact that it is the truth. In fact it is all the truth and not even exaggerated at all. I would be happy to give you hospitals, doctors, diagnosis, etc.. I will also be glad to supply you with COBRA details, etc.. Shoot I can go into incredible details of the suffering on my families part, both emotional and physical, and all the sleepless nights. Thank God that most is behind us and 3 of my children are adults now and on their own.

I am not a fan of the heath insurance companies. I am just glad that they paid the bills and not me.

The reform that is needed cannot take place in the political charged environment of today. The people need to demand reform from the insurance industry. In my case I would prefer catastrophic medical coverage and pay out of my own pocket for colds, flus, scrapes, etc.. Between my employer and my pocket we pay about $1,400 a month. I would never spend this amount on medical care this year but still the premiums get paid.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:39 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:

I am not a fan of the heath insurance companies. I am just glad that they paid the bills and not me.
Oh god this is rich! Dude, where do you think the insurance companies get the money to cover your outrageously expensive medical bills? It doesn't just grow on trees, you know. The "insurance companies" didn't pay your family's medical bills, WE DID, with OUR PREMIUMS that we didn't use all of because we had fewer medical issues than your family did.

And your side is b&*%^ing about having to pay for other people's health care, as if we don't ALL already do that as it is, and calling other people leeches who want to take more than they put in???? You people are really a piece of work.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
You can believe it or not, it does not change the fact that it is the truth. In fact it is all the truth and not even exaggerated at all. I would be happy to give you hospitals, doctors, diagnosis, etc.. I will also be glad to supply you with COBRA details, etc.. Shoot I can go into incredible details of the suffering on my families part, both emotional and physical, and all the sleepless nights. Thank God that most is behind us and 3 of my children are adults now and on their own.

The reform that is needed cannot take place in the political charged environment of today. The people need to demand reform from the insurance industry. In my case I would prefer catastrophic medical coverage and pay out of my own pocket for colds, flus, scrapes, etc.. Between my employer and my pocket we pay about $1,400 a month. I would never spend this amount on medical care this year but still the premiums get paid.
Sorry, don't believe it.

Most people who are opposed to the healthcare reform bill are totally clueless that they are supporting big insurance because they think groups like Americans For Prosperity, etc., are "real" grassroots organizations and so they don't do the research to find out exactly WHO is funding and WHO is behind such "groups." They simply take crap put out there by these types of "organizations" and "every-day folks" at FACE VALUE without taking the time to find out the truth. Big insurance is behind ALL EFFORTS TO STOP THIS BILL, and they have spent a ton of money working toward that goal. And guess what? Because "most Americans" are so stupid and so afraid to face the fact that this country is actually run by corporations, they just follow along the path created by those who ultimately profit the most, big insurance!

You certainly seem to be supporting big insurance, even if you don't realize it.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:54 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

If a private sector enterprise wastes money, runs deep into the red, it fails. When government agency programs do the same thing politicians want to expand the programs by 40%.
[/font][/color]
Where were you this past year and a half - must have been in some far away land where there was no mention of the words Government Bailout

Old 12-15-2009, 09:59 AM

160 posts, read 161,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Oh god this is rich! Dude, where do you think the insurance companies get the money to cover your outrageously expensive medical bills? It doesn't just grow on trees, you know. The "insurance companies" didn't pay your family's medical bills, WE DID, with OUR PREMIUMS that we didn't use all of because we had fewer medical issues than your family did.

And your side is b&*%^ing about having to pay for other people's health care, as if we don't ALL already do that as it is, and calling other people leeches who want to take more than they put in???? You people are really a piece of work.
And the exact same thing is going to happen when the govt. runs it. It will be even more expensive.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:03 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Explain to us the unfunded liabilities in Medicare, and why it is going broke then.

Explain how"government bureaucrats work for far less money than private sector executives" when we have 10,000+ earmarks in the omnibus bills.

If a private sector enterprise wastes money, runs deep into the red, it fails. When government agency programs do the same thing politicians want to expand the programs by 40%.

Where were you this past year and a half - must have been in some far away land where there was no mention of the words Government Bailout
No kidding right! Let's not forget that some of the biggest bailouts went directly to insurance companies!!!

Old 12-15-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
And the exact same thing is going to happen when the govt. runs it. It will be even more expensive.
How do you KNOW that? Specifics, please. Of course you can't give specifics. You're just repeating the same old big insurance lines, the things they've said to YOU, the Public, to convince you that they are better!

And what about good ole Joe! Ya think for ONE MINUTE he is not a bought and paid for politician for Big Insurance? I'm guessing Joe has a very lucrative "future" with big insurance after he pulls this one off; he won't need to run for office in 2012!

Old 12-15-2009, 10:09 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and pray tell why should medicare be available to those in the 55to 65 age bracket? If this becomes law, think about how many may decide to retire early and think of the cost to the country.. This is a nutty idea...Nita
Surely you jest! In addition to offering badly-needed coverage to near-seniors who are dying in droves now because they are more vulnerable to diseases and cannot even afford insurance, much less even qualify for it---have you thought of the huge impact this move would have on bringing down the unemployment rate? If all these 55-64 YO's retired that would free up millions of positions that could then be filled with younger people who make up the bulk of the unemployed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies