Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 08:34 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times

Advertisements

Fox and Friends
Steve Doocy, Gretchen Carlson and Brian Kilmeade - The network's morning news program

America's Newsroom
Bill Hemmer and Megyn Kelly - A daily look at what's making news and Politics.

Happening Now
Jon Scott and Jane Skinner - A daily look at Breaking News in the world. (HD)

The Live Desk
Trace Gallagher and Martha MacCallum - A daily look at Breaking News in the world.

Studio B
Shepard Smith - A daily look at Breaking News in the world.

Your World with Neil Cavuto
Neil Cavuto - Business Program. (HD)

Glenn Beck
Glenn Beck - Political talk program.

Special Report with Bret Baier
Bret Baier - Washington Political News from D.C.

Fox Report
Shepard Smith - News Program

O'Reilly Factor
Bill O'Reilly - Political talk program.

Hannity
Sean Hannity - A nightly talk program.

On the Record
Greta Van Susteren - Nightly Talk program.

Red Eye w/ Greg Gutfeld
Greg Gutfeld - Nightly talk variety program.

Those of you that bash Fox News do it without having ever watched the full line-up of shows the network offers. Instead of relying on ignorant out of context YouTube clips to make your case, you should at least demonstrate that you have actually watched the line-up from start to finish before pasting endless, mindless clips of pure nothingness. The depth and breadth of intellect (not much) that emanates from the liberal faction on this forum is abundantly evident, and each anti-Fox thread is proof of that. Those of you that insist that Fox News is not a "news" channel, I challenge you to compare the line-up of Fox and MSNBC and then come back and tell us the ratio of news:talk/variety show that each news outlet offers. I believe you will be surprised to find that both networks have a ~50/50 news/talk format.

Maybe then you'll realize how stupid you look for relying on MSNBC to formulate your otherwise ignorant opinion of Fox.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 10-25-2009 at 08:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 08:37 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times

Why don't you chime in on one of the elevnty five other threads on this subject

Old 10-25-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post

Why don't you chime in on one of the elevnty five other threads on this subject
That's precisely my point.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:48 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,578,593 times
I think it is news but with a lot of bias in it.

I understand that other networks have bias too but none of it as bad as Fox in my opinion.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:04 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
I think it's the content of all of those programs that people have a problem with, AeroGuy.

All their programs, not just the opinion shows, are tainted.

Fox and Friends:
Communications arm? Fox & Friends recites misleading GOP press release on stimulus | Media Matters for America

Fox News airs altered photos of NY Times reporters | Media Matters for America
America's Newsroom: Fox News accompanies discussion of Obama administration's "czars" with ominous music | Media Matters for America

Happening Now: Fox passes off GOP press release as its own research -- typo and all | Media Matters for America

Not sure what news program these captions were on, they were probably breaking news: Fox News Identified Sanford and Foley as Democrats

Urgh... you can just search MediaMatters for any of those show names or people names and see what I mean.

Shepard Smith seems to be honest, though.

Conservatives Attack Shepard Smith, Call For His Firing - Shepard Smith - Gawker

Old 10-25-2009, 09:05 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,572,367 times
Since I don't have cable, I don't watch it. However, when I go up north, we have cable up there. I have put on foxnews just to see what everyone is talking about & from the snippets that I have seen, they definitely have a bias. It's in their tone & everything. Don't see how anyone can deny that.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:15 PM

218 posts, read 468,747 times
Default in Plain sight

It amazes me to read what some people write. If you think that Fox is unfair what do you want in a news program....just one side? Fox does give both and also have guess from both sides that have oposit opinions. All the guess on the other networks all agree with the hosts. They me me sick.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:17 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I think it is news but with a lot of bias in it.

I understand that other networks have bias too but none of it as bad as Fox in my opinion.
I enjoy the Today show on NBC and I see as much tilt left on NBC as you see Right tilt Fox. I've given up on NBC News for their very slanted broadcasts.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I think it's the content of all of those programs that people have a problem with, AeroGuy.

All their programs, not just the opinion shows, are tainted.

Fox and Friends:
Communications arm? Fox & Friends recites misleading GOP press release on stimulus | Media Matters for America

Fox News airs altered photos of NY Times reporters | Media Matters for America
America's Newsroom: Fox News accompanies discussion of Obama administration's "czars" with ominous music | Media Matters for America

Happening Now: Fox passes off GOP press release as its own research -- typo and all | Media Matters for America

Not sure what news program these captions were on, they were probably breaking news: Fox News Identified Sanford and Foley as Democrats

Urgh... you can just search MediaMatters for any of those show names or people names and see what I mean.

Shepard Smith seems to be honest, though.

Conservatives Attack Shepard Smith, Call For His Firing - Shepard Smith - Gawker
I just spent 67 seconds on Media Matters' website and in that short amount of time it became clear that the organization is nothing anywhere near unbiased. Unabashed conflagration against conservative media is the obvious Modus Operandi, and for that, I give none of your cited links any credence whatsoever. Does that mean the content of your links are absolutely false? Nope. It means that any website whose main page features obvious hatred for Fox News, while not pointing out any wrongdoing by MSNBC or any other liberal mouthpiece, is worthless in a Fox vs. The World discussion.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:22 PM

844 posts, read 1,281,104 times
This thread should be

People who think fox news isnt news because its conservative and people who are stupid enough to actually believe it is real news are EQUALLY stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies