Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 01:59 PM

817 posts, read 853,249 times

Advertisements

Is Avatar the movie with the aliens that look like overgrown smurf crackheads?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 02:02 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
Is Avatar the movie with the aliens that look like overgrown smurf crackheads?
LMAO, Ummmm, yea, I guess. I thought it was kind of a cross twixt X Men and Lord of the Rings, but, your take is so much more...colorful.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:05 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
You don't get out much do you. No, it not The Last Airbender kids show. This one is a new high tech sci fi movie, rom what I can see, about a Marine or other combat operative who 'goes native' when he is implanted in the 'enemy' forces via an 'avatar' program on some distant planet. Dances with Aliens seems an appropriate term. The evil Earthlings are going to eradicate the natives and take over the planet. The natives , of course, are a peaceful ,,tribal species, who exist symiotically with their planet, and the implated soldier decideds he will teach them how to fight back against the evil oppressors. It looks like kinda a fun flick, I'll see it. And me being the big bad 'right winger' I may be taking a chance on my head exploding. But, hey, I like sci fi, and social commentary in film is hardly new. I watch movies for entertainment. I can't care a whit about mesages. Hmmm can I call my self a true conservative wih an outlook like that? Sorry to tell the OP, but this movie does not have all we right leaning types having an apoplexy.LMAO, you lefty's had more of a meltdown over Gran Torino, and Clints racial dialouge, than Avatar is causing with enviro and anti military commentary. Like that is a brand new thing or something. So, I'm gong to see this movie, and probably enjoy it, purely because I like science fiction, and leave my politics at the snack bar.
They ARE supposed to be making a live action version of that show, with Western actors. Not that I plan to see it.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:19 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,488,111 times
Guys,it is just a movie...

Movies,songs,artists in general are notoriously incapable of influencing public opinion...

Ideas & doctrines do influence the people...

If the Iran regime goes ( more ) nuts,the...usual 2/3 of the Amers will approve "war "against it...

Old 12-20-2009, 03:19 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
They ARE supposed to be making a live action version of that show, with Western actors. Not that I plan to see it.
They are aye? Well, my lil' dude is a fan of that show, I'm surprised he hasn't said anything. I'll have to ask him if he knows about his favorite cartoon being a movie soon. Hmm, western actors for a live action re make of an Anime toon.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:31 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Hannity forum posters & Fox hate it. I expect Limbaugh will be frothing over another left lib Hollywood attack on America.

OK, so the politics of “Avatar” are left-wing, anti-corporate and anti-imperialist. There are even some even some indirect digs at George W. Bush and Operation Iraqi Freedom. A left-leaning Hollywood movie: no surprise there. So Third Worlders will eat it up. The Iranians, for example, should love “Avatar”--if, of course, their government would let them see it, which surely won’t happen.

I found the story line predictable and simple, and although long, it was very entertaining movie. I may see it again. One reviewer called it "Dances with Aliens".
Amazing that you have deduced that all right leaning people hate Avatar from perusing Hannity's forum. Wow.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:38 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,776,222 times
I think people are looking too much into a movie. We going to talk about hidden republican messages in twilight next? How about the secret liberal agenda in the new batman movies?

Old 12-20-2009, 05:44 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,033,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
I think people are looking too much into a movie. We going to talk about hidden republican messages in twilight next? How about the secret liberal agenda in the new batman movies?
Yeah really..

People should just see the movie for themselves, if you do you will quickly find the political BS is simply not there. I noticed people who have actually seen the movie are not the ones whining about political undertones.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:13 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Was there a same-sex creature wedding? LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-20-2009, 06:38 PM

153 posts, read 103,890 times
really they need to stop b*tching about movies and worry about there own party
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies