Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 06:52 PM

283 posts, read 495,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
You're assuming the OP wants to clear anything up. He wants to believe the lies he posted.
Listen instigator. We've solved and cleared the issue, which is posted by Katiana above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 06:55 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,278,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REIRehabber View Post
Listen instigator. We've solved and cleared the issue, which is posted by Katiana above.
Oh really? When exactly do you man up and admit you were wrong?

Old 12-26-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Perhaps this will clear things up. Laura Bush's staff was obviously on the White House payroll, thus being paid at taxpayer's expense.

Michelle Obama’s Staff | FactCheck.org
This was posted and quoted already, the OP refused to acknowledge it.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:15 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,214 times
I'm surprised nobody has pointed this fact out yet; 4 of the top 5 salary-earners are shared staffers between the First Lady and the President:

1. $172,200 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
2. $140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
3. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary for Mrs. Obama)
4. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the First Lady)
5. $100,000 - Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)

This makes the salary figures attributable to First Lady Michelle at least somewhat lower than the full salaries listed here. But anything to make Michelle Obama look worse, right?

Old 12-26-2009, 07:18 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I'm surprised nobody has pointed this fact out yet; 4 of the top 5 salary-earners are shared staffers between the First Lady and the President:

2. $140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
3. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary for Mrs. Obama)
4. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the First Lady)
5. $100,000 - Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)

This makes the salary figures attributable to First Lady Michelle at least somewhat lower than the full salaries listed here. But anything to make Michelle Obama look worse, right?
excellent and informative post. much mahalo hula

Old 12-26-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

LOLOLOL Good find.

Can we expect a new thread showing how MO is actually reducing costs?

I'll hold my breath.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:28 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REIRehabber View Post
Let's Compare: . . .
The search function can be a friend: http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...an-twenty.html

Old 12-26-2009, 07:35 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
all my work was for nothing.. Great post

This is pathetic, but expected from the wannabe diva. Unfortunately for her she's still bufugly, completely fake, and looks like a man.
Your post shows alot about the mentality, maturity and general intelligence of her detractors. Thanks for sharing.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:13 PM

299 posts, read 635,219 times
I'm still waiting for the links to the posts from conservatives complaining about Laura Bush's staff, Dubya's frequent trips on Air Force One to his ranch in TX, his spending on the war after promising it would be paid for by Iraq's oil wells, etc.

When it comes right down to it, it's really ridiculous. When the GOP is in office, the Democratic party complains about everything they do and vice versa. Being an independent, I find fault fairly equal on both sides. When will everyone realize they thrive on this competition and pitting us against each other so we ignore the reality of their doing nothing and accomplishing very little except excessive spending no matter who is in office?

Old 12-26-2009, 10:02 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKR27540 View Post
I'm still waiting for the links to the posts from conservatives complaining about Laura Bush's staff, Dubya's frequent trips on Air Force One to his ranch in TX, his spending on the war after promising it would be paid for by Iraq's oil wells, etc.

When it comes right down to it, it's really ridiculous. When the GOP is in office, the Democratic party complains about everything they do and vice versa. Being an independent, I find fault fairly equal on both sides. When will everyone realize they thrive on this competition and pitting us against each other so we ignore the reality of their doing nothing and accomplishing very little except excessive spending no matter who is in office?
You're first sentence got me all ready to write 'me! I'm a conservative that has complained mightily on reps spending, including the large staff of LB.
But then I read the rest of your post and I must say that I completely agree. I often wish that people who are so wedded to a party would ask themselves before getting mad about what party X is up to is would they still be mad if their party was doing it. There is so much intellectual dishonesty on these boards sometimes it makes me depressed that anything can ever change for the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies