Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2009, 04:58 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times

Advertisements

her'e an example

Chances Slim Missing Mt. Hood Climbers Are Alive | Joseph Friedrichs | New West Blog | NewWest.Net

what i'm saying is if you cimb a mountain in the winter time, or do some other stupid adventurous activities and get in trouble. and they have to be rescued they shoud be required to pay for services rendered. basically anybody doing extreme activities just for fun should have to pay up, if they need to be rescued..

here's a hypothedical scenario,, wind surfer tries to sail from florida to burmuda..and he or she can't make it. and has to be rescued, should have to pay for the rescue. doing stupid things endangers the rescuers lives, and can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 05:01 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
We spend lots of tax payer money forming a committee to decide what is extreme. We end up with a 4000 page list of non-covered events. Medical costs go up due to administration.

Costs go up for everyone. Less care is provided.

Fail

Old 12-26-2009, 05:08 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
her'e an example

Chances Slim Missing Mt. Hood Climbers Are Alive | Joseph Friedrichs | New West Blog | NewWest.Net

what i'm saying is if you cimb a mountain in the winter time, or do some other stupid adventurous activities and get in trouble. and they have to be rescued they shoud be required to pay for services rendered. basically anybody doing extreme activities just for fun should have to pay up, if they need to be rescued..

here's a hypothedical scenario,, wind surfer tries to sail from florida to burmuda..and he or she can't make it. and has to be rescued, should have to pay for the rescue. doing stupid things endangers the rescuers lives, and can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.
I believe in some situations in some states rescuees pay for services.

I believe that if a person is stupid enough to go "hiking" in Iran, get arrested, they should pay ALL costs to get them out.

Or if you go out onto thin ice to rescue a dog and then have to endanger others by having to be rescued yourself....you should pay for it all.

Old 12-26-2009, 05:16 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I believe in some situations in some states rescuees pay for services.

I believe that if a person is stupid enough to go "hiking" in Iran, get arrested, they should pay ALL costs to get them out.

Or if you go out onto thin ice to rescue a dog and then have to endanger others by having to be rescued yourself....you should pay for it all.
totally agree!!!! some cases stand out more than others. by resucuing morons they encorage more moronic behaviorisim

Old 12-26-2009, 09:48 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Yes, if you are stupid you should have to pay for the rescue. Leave it up to each state to determine. SOme states already charge for nonsense such as driving around baricaided roads during flood warnings or severe winter weather. Don't see any reason why camping, hiking, and other activities where one has failed to plan should be treated any differently. Take it case by case.

Old 12-26-2009, 10:17 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
I have no pity for those Mt. Hood hikers. Aledgedly, they're experienced hikers. You'd think they'd know by now to either not go during certain times of the year or bring special devices to aid search and rescue people to find you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies