Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 12:30 AM

208 posts, read 476,396 times

Advertisements

Not a scientific article, but interesting insights from a misogynist

Women And Children

Women are better at recalling everything from faces and gestures to hairstyles and jeweler after a brief conversation.

LOL!

This is another example showing how far more like children are women than men.

As children get older their brains tend to focus more on the abstract and less on the physical immediacy of their surroundings.

Children also have far better memories for what is immediately apparent to them than they will have later on as adults.

In other words, characteristics that are more prevalent in children than in adults are also more prevalent in women than in men.

Unsurprisingly.

And, laughably (or, perhaps, not so laughably given that so-called academic researchers are terrified of upsetting women) it is argued that this 'ability' to be able to recall more accurately such superficial trivia has something to do with empathy!

A more ludicrous idea is pretty hard to imagine.

Experts say it may be because empathy is mainly a female trait - and picking up on physical characteristics enables women to better understand and interact with people.

But anyone with half a brain would know that empathy has precious little to do with recalling what people are wearing.

What seems far more likely - and far more consistent with other evidence - is that women tend to attend to - and to be influenced by - how things look, rather than what they are.

And when your missus points out the unusual tie that the news presenter on the TV is wearing while he explains in graphic detail - accompanied by pictures - the carnage from something awful like a bomb explosion, take it from me, she is not empathizing with anybody.

That no-good hussy is simply being sidetracked and disoriented by some pretty colors and something to do with clothes.

It is like dangling a ball of string in front of a kitten, candy in front of a toddler, or a loaf of fresh bread in front of a starving family.

If it looks pretty, sparkles a great deal, or it looks as if it might suit her, then she will not be able to take her eyes off it.

Her face will light up. Her mouth will hang open. She will jump up and down in her seat. And there will only be one thought rattling around inside her head.

"Grime. Grime. Grime."

Furthermore, if women are so damn good at empathizing, then why are they not the greatest and most popular artists, musicians, composers, poets, writers, sculptors, song-writers, playwrights - and goodness knows what else?

Well. I will tell you why without even charging you a fee.

It is because women are not good at empathizing at all in comparison to men.

What they are good at is pretending that they are good at empathizing and attacking with great venom those who dare to suggest otherwise - such as so-called academic researchers.

Women are manipulators, they are not empathizers.

(Statistically speaking, and compared to men, of course!)

Indeed, it is precisely because men are so good at empathizing compared to these scheming ne'er-do-wells that men bend over backwards to give women a hand up in life while the women themselves make no attempt at all to reciprocate any of the favors but, instead, grab all the goodies.

+ Women Are Children Women are directly fitted for acting as the nurses and teachers of our early childhood by the fact that they are themselves childish, frivolous and short-sighted; in a word, they are big children all their life long--a kind of intermediate stage between the child and the full-grown man, who is man in the strict sense of the word. Arthur Schopenhauer - writing about 150 years ago - 20 min - not the easiest of reads - especially the second half of the text.

A man reaches the maturity of his reasoning powers and mental faculties hardly before the age of twenty-eight; a woman at eighteen. And then, too, in the case of woman, it is only reason of a sort - very *****rd in its dimensions. That is why women remain children their whole life long; never seeing anything but what is quite close to them, cleaving to the present moment, taking appearance for reality, and preferring trifles to matters of the first importance.

They are dependent, not upon strength, but upon craft; and hence their instinctive capacity for cunning, and their ineradicable tendency to say what is not true. For as lions are provided with claws and teeth, and elephants and boars with tusks, bulls with horns, and cuttle fish with its clouds of inky fluid, so Nature has equipped woman, for her defense and protection, with the arts of dissimulation.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:12 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,011,651 times
Good lordy, from what cave did you dig this out of?

More importantly, WHY?

Old 12-30-2009, 02:19 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
As a 21st century man, reading this forced me to eat some chocolate, buy a new pair of shoes and have a big

Old 12-30-2009, 02:24 AM

744 posts, read 1,210,028 times
I was telling my wife about this and all she could do was bring up the fact that I was wearing a football jersey when we had our first fight, when I told her she was wrong it led up the fact that I was in my home office sitting at our computer when we had our latest fight.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:58 AM

208 posts, read 476,396 times
Most of women's traps come packaged as innocent questions or offhand remarks. Innocent? Dream on. In fact, they’re designed to make a man fail, and woe to you if you do because the punishment for failure is merciless. Tender trapping may be a ridiculous and childish game that women force men to play, but there’s no way you can avoid it, so the trick is to sidestep her booby traps. Ultimately, this means learning how to effectively skirt around the truth (a.k.a “lie“), because when a woman asks you these questions, she isn’t really looking for an honest answer. She wants you to lie -- and when you do, you’ll shut her up for a while and maybe even get lucky.

"What are you thinking?”
A classic. Women are like little children -- they believe that the sun and universe revolve around them. So when a woman asks this question, what she really means is, “Are you thinking about me right now?“ Her female psychology drives her to imagine that she dominates your thoughts 24/7. Never mind that she’s not thinking about you; what’s on her mind is buying the 147th pair of shoes she doesn’t need.

“Do you think I’m fat?” (a.k.a “Do I look fat in this dress?”)

What she’s really asking is, “Do you still think I’m sexually attractive, even though I haven’t seen the inside of a gym in five years and sit around gorging on Twinkies all day?” This is a tough one because she knows she’s fat (otherwise, she wouldn’t be asking the question in the first place) and she wants you to lie, but you can’t be obvious about the fact that you’re lying.

What are you attracted to, my brains or my body?
This is female-speak for ”Did you hook up with me just because I have big melons?” It’s the perfect female trap. If you answer that it was her intelligence and sparkling personality that initially got you interested, then she’ll come back with, “Oh, so you think I’m ugly?” And if you mention her awesome headlights, prepare to duck.

avoid the traps
These are just a few of her traps. She has a lot more in her arsenal, so you have to be on your toes. If you feel guilty about lying to her, don’t. Remember: She‘s not really looking for the truth -- what she’s really after is psychological reassurance. But just make sure that you’re constantly vigilant or you just might fall in.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:06 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Is it safe to assume you haven't done well in your relationships with women?

Old 12-30-2009, 08:10 AM

27 posts, read 46,254 times
Hmm... so does that mean men are like kids with ADD?

Old 12-30-2009, 08:23 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,356,109 times
for those who like mystery novels, and are interested in the subject of misogony: the Millenium Series by Steig Larsson is highly recommended. The theme of hatred of women is exhaustively addressed, in it's most extreme forms, and these books are gripping mystery / suspense novels.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:32 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,988,118 times
If women are like children than why is it the men that have all the toys (i.e. cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, guns, power tools, sports equipment, electronics, etc.)?

Old 12-30-2009, 08:42 AM

100 posts, read 331,697 times
Males and Females are equally flawed!

The stupidity of this thread shows this clearly. If the thread is true, then it makes men look childish for bringing this stupid comment to light. If it is not true................

Geeeeeez! What a waste of time, effort, and web-space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies