Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 02:59 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skootr View Post
Gayness is totally a choice. Try reading the bible, people.
I have, and do read the Bible, and nowhere in it does it say that homosexuality is a choice.

Try again...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 03:02 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skootr View Post
It's called The Word of God.

Calling it a book of fairytales is absurd.
Well, most are just that. Stories. And I'd like to see the passage in the Bible that suggests homosexuality is a choice?

Old 01-13-2010, 04:28 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Religious people - Christians are not alone in that - have to make it a matter of choice, otherwise there would be no guilt and thus no hell

Old 01-13-2010, 06:35 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
I have, and do read the Bible, and nowhere in it does it say that homosexuality is a choice.

Try again...
The Bible sums up homosexuality in 12 words: Thou Shalt not lie with mankind as with womenkind; it is abomination (Leviticus 18:22). Because of these 12 words I am hated and death is wished upon me by my family. Because of these 12 words I am told I am demon possessed and if I would just get an exorcism or go to an Exodus International camp, I would be cured. Because of these 12 words I am told that everything bad that happens to me is something I deserve and it will all end with God laughing at me while throwing me into hell. Because of these 12 words I live in fear every day because what if the religious radicals are right....God may soon pour out his wrath on me. Because of these 12 words I feel worthless as a human being because I can't just wake up one day and be straight like the church says I can. I know for a fact that I did not choose this lifestyle but I am not sure God even cares. The God I grew up to believe in is a hateful, vengeful, vicious God and I have a hard time wrapping my mind around any other version of "God". I am borderline atheist but I fear God too much to go the whole way. What if they are right?

Old 01-13-2010, 06:43 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,848 times
Don't let the bastards get you down BC. It's all a sham.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:59 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Amazing how in today's world there are still some morons who think Homosexuality is aquired and not biological.
Shows how the cuts in Education are affecting America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies