Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 10:49 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,795,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
the Neo-Rightâ„¢, epitomized by the Palinistas, Bachmannites, Dittoheads, et.al, - or the socket puppets in the Republican leadership who pander to them -
Well, that pledge didn't last long.

Who expected otherwise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 10:50 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,435,643 times
Quote:
...by referring to the Neo-Rightâ„¢ as being conservatives.

As far as I can determine, the Neo-Rightâ„¢, epitomized by the Palinistas, Bachmannites, Dittoheads, et.al, - or the socket puppets in the Republican leadership who pander to them - have no relationship to the conservatives in the tradition of William Buckley, Joseph Sobran. Not that I agreed with them either, but at least they were sane, reasoned, and not opposed to intellectual inquiry and discourse.

So, I pledge to refrain from defaming conservatives by applying that appellation when describing my insane, unreasonable and anti-intellectual opponents, their political commentary, and political philosophical(sic) points of view. In the future will simply use the appellation Neo-Rightâ„¢.
And we, in-turn, pledge to continue to continue to read your posts that are always nothing more than attacks on conservatives, Christians, etc., and understand that they'll never offer anything of value. Just the biased rantings of a far-leftist.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:53 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,335,617 times
Quote:
...by referring to the Neo-Rightâ„¢ as being conservatives.

As far as I can determine, the Neo-Rightâ„¢, epitomized by the Palinistas, Bachmannites, Dittoheads, et.al, - or the socket puppets in the Republican leadership who pander to them - have no relationship to the conservatives in the tradition of William Buckley, Joseph Sobran. Not that I agreed with them either, but at least they were sane, reasoned, and not opposed to intellectual inquiry and discourse.

So, I pledge to refrain from defaming conservatives by applying that appellation when describing my insane, unreasonable and anti-intellectual opponents, their political commentary, and political philosophical(sic) points of view. In the future will simply use the appellation Neo-Rightâ„¢.
As a conservative am I supposed to be grateful? If so, thanks I think?

Anyways, name calling doesn't bother me much. It speak more to the person saying it than the group they are trying to demonize. I'm only speaking for myself here, but when I see derogatory terms like those you listed being used, my respect level for that poster drops significantly. I can respect people from all walks of life and ideology without the use of derogatory terms. You only hurt yourself when you name call IMO.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:54 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,091,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
You are thinking of NEOCONS,
No, I'm pretty clear in my mind as to whom I am referring to. The Neo-Conservative movement is a well defined political perspective that was advanced by the likes of Sen. Henry Jackson, Sam Nunn, Irving Kristol and Norman Podhoretz, and Palin, Bachamann, Limbaugh et. al. are not Henry Jackson, Irving Kristol, or Norman Podhoretz. And while there are slogans and standards (colors, flags, banners etc) that have been expropriated by the neo-right, they have no understanding of their origin or meanings.

But I agree with this assessment when describing the Neo-right;
...neoconfederate, identity-politics, ignorance-worshiping, cowboy diplomacy - ways have pretty much flushed the heart of the Republican party down the drain. It will be at LEAST a decade before the party can recover.

Its no longer a party about ideals of responsibility, less spending, personal freedom, and American values of equity and freedom, its now the 'white christian club for peoples we dont hate', dedicated to wantonly bashing anyone from any group that these neocons[right] feel should not be included.

Anyone who disagrees with them is deemed 'liberal' and attacked, from goldwaterist to old McCain to Romney. Likewise, anyone from any group they identify as in the opposition, no matter what that individual thinks on issues (Moderates, Mexicans, blacks, mixed people, gays, nonchristians, big city folk), are equally deemed 'not american' and demeaned.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:00 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,951,818 times
Default tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
white christian club for peoples we dont hate. dedicated to wantonly bashing anyone from any group that these neocons feel should not be included.
You should learn to play nice.

I guess with your logic, Democrat is the party of butthurt fairy prancers, the douche bag collective I trademarked, who eye my salary like it's warm apple pie, with ever aspiring dreams of more govt because like an ass puppet they need that reassuring stiff firm hand of govt to prop themselves up with because you can't do it, life, on your own; like a small child ever in need of the nanny... state.

I pledge to stop punching hippies. 2010 baby, happy nye.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:01 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,143,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Yeah, let's trample the 1st Ammendment. Typical responce from the looney left. I don't like what you say, therefore we must silence you.
Wow, that's a low blow and entirely not supported. I applaud the first amendment (I can spell it correctly), but I don't think stupid people who lie or are misinformed should be allowed to hog the spotlight or affect policy decisions. What you're advocating, it seems, is that anyone should be allowed to speak even if they are insane because it's the American way, freedom of speech and all. Well, you just gave the "looney left" free reign to say whatever it likes. Um, did you think that one through? What can you suggest now that won't turn you into a hypocrite?

Old 12-31-2009, 11:01 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,091,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
As a conservative am I supposed to be grateful? If so, thanks I think?
You are welcome, I think?

[I see derogatory terms like those you listed being used,[/quote]

What derogatory terms would those be? While I stand guilty for using the term sockpuppet, attaching the suffix "ist","ite" or the Spanish "ista" is grammatically correct when applied to a proper name to indicate followers of an individual or an ideology linked to that person. See Maoist, Marxist, Trotskyite, etc. As for the Dittoheads, my understanding is that this is an appellation which comes from the Rush's own followers, so I don't see the offense their.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:03 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,219,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Who cares what you pledge, disingenuous as it is?
Well, I, for one care about it.

Wow! Why are you in such a grumpy mood?

Old 12-31-2009, 11:06 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,143,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
And we, in-turn, pledge to continue to continue to read your posts that are always nothing more than attacks on conservatives, Christians, etc., and understand that they'll never offer anything of value. Just the biased rantings of a far-leftist.
Reread the post. I mean it. REREAD the post. There wasn't a single attack in it. In fact, it was respectful of conservatives because it understood that these lunatics are not really conservatives in the classical sense and should be referred to by other terms to help differentiate them from the moderate and sensible ones.

However, your ranting--and it is a rant--is typical of those described in the post. I mean, you even used the word "we" as if you represented them.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:08 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,219,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWashington View Post
Stupid grabs the microphone every chance he gets, except when there is a terrorist attack. I won't mention any names, but his initials are Barack Obama.
As an admitted racist on this board, in another thread, are you calling President Obama stupid because he is a black man and you feel he must be stupid and inferior because he's black? What's your perspective as an admitted white racist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies