Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 12:42 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
So you will spend page after page, post after post, hijacking this thread to debate the innate meaning of "calling out" someone while ignoring the basis behind the the post? You have hijacked this thread because you obviously have no argument other than to deflect and spin from the original argument. I would have so much more respect if you would just own up to the fact that Obama, on several occasions, made a promise he could not, will not, had no intention of keeping for the simple reason of garnering public support.

So let me get this straight... when the left has no winning argument in a debate, their tactics resort to: 1)deflect by changing the topic, 2)spin the issue to your liking, and 3)continue to tow the party line at all costs, even when they know they are in the wrong by doing 1 & 2. Congrats on following the lib rulebook to a T.
I fail to see how addressing the title of the thread is hi-jacking.

Also, I wasn't arguing from a liberal bias at any point. It's not liberal bias to ask for accuracy in the titling of threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 08:21 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
That's the point. To call out Obama for his lofty rhetoric. He said it, now he needs to act on it.

Yep Good and Plenty!

Old 01-08-2010, 08:25 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
OMG, still trying to marginalize me.

All I asked was a simple question: "When is calling-out someone done indirectly our subtly?"

Care to answer, or not?
Move over Fox News, CNN is telling it like it is now too.

Jack Cafferty:

“President Obama hasn’t even made a token effort to keep his campaign promises of more openness and transparency in government. It was all just another lie that was told, to get elected.”

“The Democrats insist this is all on the up-and-up… with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi saying ‘there's has never been a more open process for any legislation.’ Really?

This is the same Nancy Pelosi who you may recall, after becoming Speaker in 2006, promised 'the Democrats would have the most honest, most open and most ethical Congress in history.’ Here's hoping the voters remember some of this crap when the midterm elections roll around later this year.”

Old 01-08-2010, 09:23 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Move over Fox News, CNN is telling it like it is now too.

Jack Cafferty:

“President Obama hasn’t even made a token effort to keep his campaign promises of more openness and transparency in government. It was all just another lie that was told, to get elected.”

“The Democrats insist this is all on the up-and-up… with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi saying ‘there's has never been a more open process for any legislation.’ Really?

This is the same Nancy Pelosi who you may recall, after becoming Speaker in 2006, promised 'the Democrats would have the most honest, most open and most ethical Congress in history.’ Here's hoping the voters remember some of this crap when the midterm elections roll around later this year.”
The backlash is growing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pO1oJPps1I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=662R2awSwPQ

Old 01-09-2010, 08:23 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

OUCH!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies