Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 02:44 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej64 View Post
What would you do if you were water boarded?You were then told SORRY mistake wrong guy.Would you put your tail between your legs or GET EVEN?
It all depends who you are.

If you're an American and you are waterboarded by foreigners that's definitely torture and our government should avenge this act.

If you are a foriegner waterboarded by Americans....well we had to do it ( but nobody is admitting to it) , and nobody is going to pay for breaking the law.

Love us World! We are the USA! A bright shining example for the World to follow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 02:46 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
First of all, lets get down to the foundation of this topic. Where exactly are all these "innocent Muslim's" in jail? Gitmo is down to roughly 200 people, and those have been declared the most dangerous of all. I'm a little confused as to where you're coming up with all these "innocent Muslim's in jail."

It does sound like you're talking about Gitmo. Gitmo had roughly 1,000 insurgents at its peak I believe (correct me if i'm wrong). But like I said, in order to get a free ride to Gitmo, a person had to be at least somewhat involved in the fight against the United States. Were there completely innnocent people there? Probably. But in a sea of many thousand insurgents, this basically comes down to the "war is hell" concept. War is never perfect, but to assume that most of the Muslim detainees were innocent is unfounded in my opinion. Not being able to secure a conviction and being totally innnocent are very different things.
It's hopeless to even keep up with your misinformation.

Most of the Gitmo prisoners have never been charged and most they don't even have enough evidence to ever charge them.....lol

You are serioulsly confused.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:50 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
It's hopeless to even keep up with your misinformation.

Most of the Gitmo prisoners have never been charged and most they don't even have enough evidence to ever charge them.....lol

You are serioulsly confused.
Did you read what I said? Securing a conviction and being totally innocent are two entirely different things. Just because the government opts not to try someone because they aren't sure they can secure a conviction does not mean the person is entirely innocent. Do you disagree? Associating with terrorists and pulling the trigger are very different things. One can easily get you a trial, the other is mired in legal interpretation. I'm not sure why you dispute that.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:07 PM

880 posts, read 2,025,295 times
DC
.What you are saying is they all look the same send who you catch to gitmo and waterboard them.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:20 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
take what AQ is doing to their prisoners and then compare it to what the USA is doing to theirs and see which one is worse.

while you are at it, ask Daniel Pearl how he felt about AQ torture methods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies