Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2010, 08:54 AM

1,297 posts, read 3,518,710 times

Advertisements

"Unprecedented"...we hear that word all the time from Obama, but when it is uttered from his lips, it is far too over-used and not really accurate in my opinion. At least not as we approach Martin Luther King, Jr Day and Black History Month. (Feb). While our current President seems to hold himself in such high regard, I wish he would read the history books and become a little more humble and give tribute to a man..a black man...that has given mankind so much that it is unmeasurable really. And that man...

George Washington Carver!

This was a indeed a great man. From giving us paint, to giving the southern farmers a sustainable cotton and sweet potato crop, his patents and discoveries on agriculture realities are unmeasurable...and all at a time when the black man in the USA was emerging from the most darkest period of time. Shunning bigotry and hatred at a time period that sequestered people of color, this man understood that the true way to attain respect was to earn it, and we have never had a person (of any race) do such amazing things, with so little and in such a powerful way in agriculture.

He did so because he was a man of faith, a man who knew had to be humble and was not afraid of hard work. I only wish our current President would take a cue from this man, a person that was truly unprecedented and never given his due credit in my opinion.

Mr Carver...I promise you, as we enter black history month and have Martin Luther King Jr's, birthday off, I will never forget you and what you have done for modern agriculture. Your tireless efforts in the lab, refusing to go to higher paying Universities and a desire to improve life for everyone is so noble, so honorable that words can not convey to you my gratitude for what you accomplished. Many have forgotten, but not me my friend. Your greatest virtue...to be humble...was your greatest gift to mankind, and from that, the greatest agronomist ever...emerged. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 03:03 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Default Thank You.......................

We need all of the "Impressive African American Male" available.
Dr. George Washington Carver was certainly one of the first , but
he would not by any means by one of the last.

George Washington Carver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies