Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 10:13 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,734,196 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever felt this way? Sure, its not politically correct. Its not nice. Its not even logical half the time because what right have we to judge people whom we don't know and having never walked in their shoes?

Nonetheless, sometimes I find it incredibly difficult to not judge certain people for the choices they make. For instance:

-High school dropouts that complain about few job opportunities: Sorry, what did you expect? That you can get a nice cushy corporate job without even knowing the capitals of each state in the united states? You moan and complain about how hard life is and wah wah wah no money, no glory, no respect--ever thought that it was your lack of education that put you where you are now? A GED isn't hard to get nowadays and community colleges are everywhere. Get an effin' education.

-Welfare moms that can't seem to stop having children: Ever heard of birth control? Or god forbid, closing your legs? Accidents happen. That's understandable. But how do you have 4-5 accidents when your don't even make enough money to raise your first one? You leech off of my tax money and are a burden to society. I have no pity for when you can't pay the rent---I only pity your children for being born to such an irresponsible parent.

-Prissy "its all about me divas" who can't get a man: I have a message for you sister --its not them. It IS you. I have a coworker who blatantly proclaimed, "When I get married, I'm definitely going to be a bridezilla". Who on earth is going to want to marry that? No wonder she's still single. Having a vagina does not mean that you are special in any way, shape, or form. Plenty of women have vaginas and are more than happy to act reasonable around the eligible bachelors single women vie for. If you think being female is the only thing you can bring to the table, you have many years of being single to come.

Am I wrong? Wait--rephrase, of course its wrong to feel this way---but are there any kindred spirits out there that can empathize feeling negative towards persons/situations that seem to be protected by the "political correct" cocoon?

Meh, let the flames begin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 10:20 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,212,760 times
Society is taught not to judge, but what does that really do? It means we tend to not condemn this bad behavior, and by not condemning it we are actually encouraging it.

We should be judging everyone on their actions, we must set an example to prevent this kind of behavior from becoming rampant.

But I think it may be too late.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:22 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,096,532 times
Be careful for what you wish. As it may come true...

Old 01-11-2010, 10:22 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
I don't know that your post is particularly flameworthy; you make some excellent points. But I will say that there seem to be plenty of people these days with good educations who are having extreme difficulty finding work.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:24 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,734,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I don't know that your post is particularly flameworthy; you make some excellent points. But I will say that there seem to be plenty of people these days with good educations who are having extreme difficulty finding work.
Oh, for sure. That wasn't my point, however. The economy is down and the job market sucks, blah blah blah. We're all aware of that. What I'm talking about are the people who never even made an effort and even in a GOOD economy could probably never get anything other than a call center or retail job due to their lack of (willingness to get) skills.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:29 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
I thought that not judging someone came long before the term "politically correct" was conceived. You know as in Biblical phrase: "judge not lest you be judged." Having said that, we all make judgments all day long. It's part of our survivor instincts.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:45 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
Quote:
Am I wrong? Wait--rephrase, of course its wrong to feel this way---but are there any kindred spirits out there that can empathize feeling negative towards persons/situations that seem to be protected by the "political correct" cocoon?
Oh hell yeah; I'm sure we all have our subjective experiences. Quite a few years ago I had a neighbor who totally lived the welfare lifestyle and would leave her kids alone while she went out to the local bar. One day I got a knock on my door and there she was yelling at me because she'd been at the bar and her kids had gotten into some little street fight between our two houses. The fight itself ended up being nothing; just grade school taunting, but she seemed to have thought that I should have done something about the fight. I didn't even hear the fight as I was studying for finals and pretty tired from the two jobs I was holding down. I have plenty more examples concerning this person, mostly concerning her leaving her children on their own and expecting the rest of the neighborhood to act as free babysitters. Some of us did call CPS but were told that since her oldest was ten she legally could leave them alone. Finally I pressed charges against her because she came barging into my home...pushed my son aside when he told her she couldn't use our phone and called him a vile name...it seemed like she felt she was entitled to resources I was paying for to the extent that she could behave that way when denied them. So the answer is yes, in a subjective sense, I'm probably your kindred spirit here.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:47 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
OP-

I AGREE!

Sometimes I think I should I just drop out of college, quit working for the **** wage I make and just get pregnant. *rolls eyes*

Seems to beat working.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
you could be right, the laws of cause and effect have been ignored.
being judgemental is bad, lack of judgement is worse.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:52 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,326,750 times
My mother used to call me a little pill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies