Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support Sarah Palin for President?
Yes 16 23.53%
No 52 76.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 08:35 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
She had a chance to give an intelligent answer, yet she didn't. I don't think she knows.
Yet, it should be pointed out that answering George Washington isn't an unintelligent answer, and her reasons weren't stupid, either. George Washington, I think, can be said to be America's first national figure. In the colonies at the time, men rose to prominence within their specific regions, but General Washington's prominence was not within a specific region, it was a national prominence. And the values and characteristics he epitomized, were a part of what this country aspired to then, and aspires to now. His honesty, modesty, and ability to put the interests of the nation before his own interests are the qualities Mrs Palin was alluding to in her answer, and there was nothing wrong with that answer.

While I think Mrs Palin still struggles in one-on-one interviews, I think the problem is that she feels put on-the-spot, as if she is being quizzed, and that makes her uncomfortable, which is why she stalls and gives uninformative answers, like "all of them". It isn't that she is uninformed, but that she's wary of interviewers, and hesitant to participate in the conversation.

And that is why, I think, Beck called "BS" on her "all of them" answer. Because he's an experienced interviewer, and realizes that a good interview isn't about questions and answers, it's about a conversation. He wanted Mrs Palin to reveal something about herself, and "all of them" didn't do that. Did she still play it safe? Yes. But it's unfair to say that her ultimate answer was not intelligent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 08:06 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZY188bNw4Y

Old 01-15-2010, 08:09 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnrYMafCzeE

Old 01-15-2010, 09:01 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Anybody who listens to her answers and seriously considers this woman capable of running the USA is deluded.

Period.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:26 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Wow, so you're among the hopelessly insane who believe this too?

Hint: Lincoln was a racist.

many republicans dont think so..they love to bring him up all the time

Old 01-15-2010, 09:27 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

i thought religion and politics was not suppose to mix in america

Old 01-15-2010, 09:31 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
many republicans dont think so..they love to bring him up all the time
Yeah, we call them RINOs.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:32 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Support Palin as opposed to what?

Can any liberals name a single Obama accomplishment before he was elected as Senator from the Great State of Illinois? Come on guys, certainly he must have done some great things proposing great legislation and stuff.

How come Palin was asked her her favorite founding father was while Obama was never asked anything at all. He wasn't even asked what he had for breakfast because there was hope and change.

I know more about American history than the average person and I would have trouble answering that question because there were so many. Haven't typed for five minutes thinking of an answer and I came up with Ben Franklin because he was so radical. If you haven't thought of it before (I never did) and there are so many that gave so much it's gotcha journalism to expect someone to flush an answer out in 10 seconds or "they're stupid".

Listen to your typical idiot left wing journalist (http://www.conservatives4palin.com/2010/01/brzezinski-mocks-palins-founding-father.html - broken link).

Quote:
The morons at Morning Joe were at it again today. This is too good to be true. If you listen carefully, at the 1:03 mark, Mika Brzezinski proclaims her favorite founding father is Lincoln
Go to the link and listen, journalist and high genius Mika Brzezinski wasn't kidding or mocking when she proclaimed Lincoln here favorite founding father either.

I've met a few journalists over my life and without exception they were among the most stupid people with blow dried hair I've ever met. Talk about dense!

And then up above, the left is once again spewing the George Bush is retarded nonsense. George Bush (both of them) were never my favorites, they are not conservatives and I find lots of faults in their political outlook but they ain't stupid.

To Bush-bashers, it may be the most infuriating revelation yet from the military records of the two presidential candidates: the young George W. Bush probably had a higher I.Q. than did the young John Kerry.

From The New York Times

Quote:
Mr. Bush's score on the Air Force Officer Qualifying Test at age 22 again suggests that his I.Q was the mid-120's, putting Mr. Bush in about the 95th percentile of the population, according to Mr. Sailer. Mr. Kerry's I.Q. was about 120, in the 91st percentile, according to Mr. Sailer's extrapolation of his score at age 22 on the Navy Officer Qualification Test.

Linda Gottfredson, an I.Q. expert at the University of Delaware, called it a creditable analysis said she was not surprised at the results or that so many people had assumed that Mr. Kerry was smarter. "People will often be misled into thinking someone is brighter if he says something complicated they can't understand," Professor Gottfredson said.
It all started here:

Quote:
Many Americans still believe a report that began circulating on the Internet three years ago, and was quoted in "Doonesbury," that Mr. Bush's I.Q. was 91, the lowest of any modern American president. But that report from the non-existent Lovenstein Institute turned out to be a hoax.
So with an IQ of 125 where does President Bush rank with other famous or infamous world leaders?

Abraham Lincoln 128
Andrew Jackson 123
George Washington 118
Al Gore 134
John F. Kennedy 117
Bill (William) Jefferson Clinton 137
Thomas Jefferson 138
Dwight EisenhoweR 122
and finally we have
Adolf Hitler at 141 who has them all beat!

And the point of calling Bush dumb is?

The dumbest of the group appears to have been George Washington.

IQ isn't everything and if you are "smart enough" it's not even half of everything.

It has more to do with work ethic and hard work.

At 119 and 115 the two Nobel Prize winners for unraveling the structure of DNA weren't near smart enough to be MENSA members.

James Watson IQ 119 (Nobel Prize winner for unraveling the structure of DNA)
Francis Crick IQ 115 (Nobel Prize Winner for unraveling the structure of DNA)

Think whatever you wish about George Bush but to call him an idiot makes you appear like a boorish snob which is why democrats will get their asses handed to them come November.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:35 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Support Palin as opposed to what?

Can any liberals name a single Obama accomplishment before he was elected as Senator from the Great State of Illinois? Come on guys, certainly he must have done some great things proposing great legislation and stuff.

How come Palin was asked her her favorite founding father was while Obama was never asked anything at all. He wasn't even asked what he had for breakfast because there was hope and change.

I know more about American history than the average person and I would have trouble answering that question because there were so many. Haven't typed for five minutes thinking of an answer and I came up with Ben Franklin because he was so radical. If you haven't thought of it before (I never did) and there are so many that gave so much it's gotcha journalism to expect someone to flush an answer out in 10 seconds or "they're stupid".

Listen to your typical idiot left wing journalist (http://www.conservatives4palin.com/2010/01/brzezinski-mocks-palins-founding-father.html - broken link).

Go to the link and listen, journalist and high genius Mika Brzezinski wasn't kidding or mocking when she proclaimed Lincoln here favorite founding father either.

I've met a few journalists over my life and without exception they were among the most stupid people with blow dried hair I've ever met. Talk about dense!

And then up above, the left is once again spewing the George Bush is retarded nonsense. George Bush (both of them) were never my favorites, they are not conservatives and I find lots of faults in their political outlook but they ain't stupid.

To Bush-bashers, it may be the most infuriating revelation yet from the military records of the two presidential candidates: the young George W. Bush probably had a higher I.Q. than did the young John Kerry.

From The New York Times

It all started here:

So with an IQ of 125 where does President Bush rank with other famous or infamous world leaders?

Abraham Lincoln 128
Andrew Jackson 123
George Washington 118
Al Gore 134
John F. Kennedy 117
Bill (William) Jefferson Clinton 137
Thomas Jefferson 138
Dwight EisenhoweR 122
and finally we have
Adolf Hitler at 141 who has them all beat!

And the point of calling Bush dumb is?

The dumbest of the group appears to have been George Washington.

IQ isn't everything and if you are "smart enough" it's not even half of everything.

It has more to do with work ethic and hard work.

At 119 and 115 the two Nobel Prize winners for unraveling the structure of DNA weren't near smart enough to be MENSA members.

James Watson IQ 119 (Nobel Prize winner for unraveling the structure of DNA)
Francis Crick IQ 115 (Nobel Prize Winner for unraveling the structure of DNA)

Think whatever you wish about George Bush but to call him an idiot makes you appear like a boorish snob which is why democrats will get their asses handed to them come November.
Pure unadulterated pwnage.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:43 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
The Young Turks hit the nail on the head each and every time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies