Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 11:15 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times

Advertisements

I think this takes the cake for spinning reality to serve an ideological agenda. Wow. As if an entirely other country is anywhere near the pledge a president takes to serve his own country.

Just wow. I guess Obama's praise across the political spectrum for his leadership in handling this situation well is just too much for those who just want him and us to fail.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:16 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
One teeny tiny difference you seem to conveniently overlook...

Last time I looked, Louisiana was part of The United States...

Haiti is a foreign nation...
Lousiana is part of the US and therefore the president needs to WAIT until being asked for help.

Haiti is a foreign nation and its the presidents JOB to help them.. You just turned your positive into a big out negative because you obviously fail to understand what a presidents JOB entails..
Quote:
Anyone who thinks we can (or even should) mobilize to provide aid to a foreign nation as fast or with the same level of spending as for domestic disasters is really foolish..
Why, because the people of Haiti dont matter to you? Hell, Bush sent Hurricane relief into Haiti faster than Obama is sending in help for Earthquake victims..
Quote:
Just sounds like brain-dead unconditional Obama-bashing to me...
You didnt for a second mind posting on the "Obama stood up, Bush laid down" thread though taking your pot shots at Bush while proving your ignorance over what the job title of PRESIDENT is though ha?

Old 01-16-2010, 11:17 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Your thread post is entirely ridiculous - and people see it as such...

You're really dredging the bottom of the barrel on this one...

Are you that much of a blind, party ideologue that you even THINK of such things to post???

Amazing!!!
Thank you. The US has already provided a lot of aid. The OP is taling about military presence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
LOL Katiania is on another thread complaining the aid effort is too little and too slow. ROFL
I am? Show me.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I think this takes the cake for spinning reality to serve an ideological agenda. Wow. As if an entirely other country is anywhere near the pledge a president takes to serve his own country.

Just wow. I guess Obama's praise across the political spectrum for his leadership in handling this situation well is just too much for those who just want him and us to fail.
This takes the cake in regards to the presidential responsibilities..

The Presidents job is to direct US foreign policy.. This indeed involves providing aid.. But hey, dont stop defending incompetence while ignoring job functions of the president..

Old 01-16-2010, 11:21 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
LOL Katiania is on another thread complaining the aid effort is too little and too slow. ROFL
Funny - I see that as quite different from someone who is taking advantage of the situation solely to make Obama look bad and Bush look good by comparison - when Bush has NO PLACE in this debate...

I can see people criticizing the speed of the aid - the suffering in Haiti right now is quite extreme - can you imagine how you would be feeling were you a Haitian living in a devastated region right now with no aid and rotting bodies and the dying all around you???

I can understand criticism on humanitarian grounds.

I cannot tolerate it on partisan political grounds.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Your thread post is entirely ridiculous - and people see it as such...

You're really dredging the bottom of the barrel on this one...

Are you that much of a blind, party ideologue that you even THINK of such things to post???

Amazing!!!
yep.. facts = "ridiculous" to you liberals... About as ridiculous as the other threads on how fast Obama is acting while Bush dragged his feet...

thats right.. you didnt find that thread ridiculous at all...

Whats the matter, dont like FACTS that Bush had 100 times as much support in LA as Obama does in Haiti at this same period of time?

Old 01-16-2010, 11:22 AM

2,352 posts, read 2,280,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
5 days after Haiti was hit by an earthquake.. US has several hundred soldiers on land to assist.

Hurricane Katrina hits LA on August 29th, and 5 days later there were 54,000 military personnel in the area helping.

Obama pledges $100,000,000 to Haiti while Bush sends $10,500,000,000 to LA

Where is all the liberal outrage for the lack of support?
That you actually need this explained to you speaks volumes.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Funny - I see that as quite different from someone who is taking advantage of the situation solely to make Obama look bad and Bush look good by comparison -
As opposed to those other threads trying to make Obama look good, and Bush look bad right? They seem to be VERY valid to you.. Why is that? Hypocrite comes to mind..
Quote:
when Bush has NO PLACE in this debate...
Bush has a place in this debate because its MY thread and I said he does.
Quote:
I can see people criticizing the speed of the aid - the suffering in Haiti right now is quite extreme - can you imagine how you would be feeling were you a Haitian living in a devastated region right now with no aid and rotting bodies and the dying all around you???

I can understand criticism on humanitarian grounds.

I cannot tolerate it on partisan political grounds.
Unless of course you are attackign a Republican, then you of course LOVE to join in the bashing festival...

Old 01-16-2010, 11:24 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Lousiana is part of the US and therefore the president needs to WAIT until being asked for help.

Haiti is a foreign nation and its the presidents JOB to help them.. You just turned your positive into a big out negative because you obviously fail to understand what a presidents JOB entails..

Why, because the people of Haiti dont matter to you? Hell, Bush sent Hurricane relief into Haiti faster than Obama is sending in help for Earthquake victims..

You didnt for a second mind posting on the "Obama stood up, Bush laid down" thread though taking your pot shots at Bush while proving your ignorance over what the job title of PRESIDENT is though ha?
Sorry - I totally disagree with your post...

It is NOT Obama's JOB to provide aid.

He is doing it VOLUNTARILY as an act of compassion, and as a moral obligation...

All your points are those of a political hack desperately trying to win political points, and to 'spin spin spin' a situation to your advantage...

Old 01-16-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
That you actually need this explained to you speaks volumes.
Just posting facts.. Note how you havent disputed them.. mmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.