Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2010, 04:26 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,429,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
You can't stand America, the constitution, and liberty, can you?

You just love the idea of a wide open fascist dictatorship, and have a secret fashion fetish for jack boots, huh?

Oh yes, you most certainly do.

See above. I included more information. Federal authority will always supersede state authority.

But I tell you that you have your facts incorrect and this is your response?

As I said, a complete nutter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 05:12 PM

15,104 posts, read 8,643,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
See above. I included more information. Federal authority will always supersede state authority.

You're dead wrong ... in most instances, there is no "legal" Federal jurisdiction anywhere within any state other than land which is "federally owned" such as national parks which fall under the Park Service, or land considered an extensions of federal land such as US District Court Houses.

I'm not arguing that federal authorities don't routinely and illegally claim jurisdiction, with equally criminal federal justices supporting such illegalities, and compliant state officials who refuse to stop such encroachments. So lets not get confused here. And there is no victory in citing federal statutes and pounding your chest as the majority of US Code pertaining to jurisdiction is a fraudulent as the counterfeit monopoly money being printed at the US Treasury.

And of course there has been an unprecedented situation in which countless Sheriff's offices around the country have been "federalized" and incorporated into the DHS (which itself is an illegal agency, based upon equally unconstitutional Patriot Act legislation).

Your obvious allergic reaction to, and unfamiliarity with the constitution is the likely cause of your confusion here.

If it doesn't pertain to border protection (which was the example), or regulation of foreign commerce, or federal land management, or national defense, there is no federal jurisdiction pertaining to State owned lands .. this is part of the Bill of rights you apparently were not schooled in while attending the government run training centers. It's called the 10th Amendment, as well as other limitations of federal power, especially as it pertains to policing power within the several states.

That Posse Comitatus prohibits the use of the military within the natural borders of the United States of america hasn't stopped those illegal activities either. But breaking the law doesn't eliminate the law.

No, no, no ... you need not tell me it is happening ... you have no scoop. I'm saying their actions are illegal, as is countless other examples of federal malfeasance and abuse.

The specific example that was being discussed is Sheriff Arpaio, and he is exercising his legal jurisdiction and thumbing his nose at federal authorities who have tried to stop him from protecting the citizens of Arizona from illegal aliens ... or to use language you may be more comfortable with .. "undocumented immigrants" ... which is like calling a bank robbery an unauthorized withdrawal.

But I digress ...

Old 01-21-2010, 05:54 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,995 times
Check, and MATE!!!

Old 01-21-2010, 06:08 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,243,976 times
Default Criminals Aren't Expert Commandos!

In the event of a robbery or attempted murder, you will have little time to:
1. Get to safe.
2. Unlock safe.
3. Load gun.
4. Find the perpetrator
5. Have the emotional strength to kill said Perp.
If you sleep with a LOADED gun under your bed, you're a parinoid idiot.
[/quote]
I lived in Florida when Hurricane Andrew hit. The only people who didn't lose everything to the looting and murdering gangs were the ones who already had guns. The media didn't report it--it wasn't safe for them to be there. It was months of NO GOVERNMENT AT ALL. And in normal times, if you really think you can break into my house, find and murder me before I can reach under my bed and grab the loaded gun from my tiny gun safe (with a braille key code that I can easily unlock by touch in no light), then JUST TRY IT. Do you think criminals are expertly trained commandos? They're dumb, drugged up, criminal morons who have no idea of the layout of the house, and 95% of them don't have guns. I'll bet on the armed homeowner every time.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:09 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
er...What's that mean?
It's called intimidation.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
You're dead wrong ... in most instances, there is no "legal" Federal jurisdiction anywhere within any state other than land which is "federally owned" such as national parks which fall under the Park Service, or land considered an extensions of federal land such as US District Court Houses.

I'm not arguing that federal authorities don't routinely and illegally claim jurisdiction, with equally criminal federal justices supporting such illegalities, and compliant state officials who refuse to stop such encroachments. So lets not get confused here. And there is no victory in citing federal statutes and pounding your chest as the majority of US Code pertaining to jurisdiction is a fraudulent as the counterfeit monopoly money being printed at the US Treasury.

And of course there has been an unprecedented situation in which countless Sheriff's offices around the country have been "federalized" and incorporated into the DHS (which itself is an illegal agency, based upon equally unconstitutional Patriot Act legislation).

Your obvious allergic reaction to, and unfamiliarity with the constitution is the likely cause of your confusion here.

If it doesn't pertain to border protection (which was the example), or regulation of foreign commerce, or federal land management, or national defense, there is no federal jurisdiction pertaining to State owned lands .. this is part of the Bill of rights you apparently were not schooled in while attending the government run training centers. It's called the 10th Amendment, as well as other limitations of federal power, especially as it pertains to policing power within the several states.

That Posse Comitatus prohibits the use of the military within the natural borders of the United States of america hasn't stopped those illegal activities either. But breaking the law doesn't eliminate the law.

No, no, no ... you need not tell me it is happening ... you have no scoop. I'm saying their actions are illegal, as is countless other examples of federal malfeasance and abuse.

The specific example that was being discussed is Sheriff Arpaio, and he is exercising his legal jurisdiction and thumbing his nose at federal authorities who have tried to stop him from protecting the citizens of Arizona from illegal aliens ... or to use language you may be more comfortable with .. "undocumented immigrants" ... which is like calling a bank robbery an unauthorized withdrawal.

But I digress ...
Let me guess, you got your schooling from the Michigan Militia?

Your grand argument is that federal code and statutes is illegal? That the DHS is an illegal entity?

I would say before you go accusing people of not understanding the laws or the Constitution, you might want to get a psychological evaluation.

The 10th Amendment doesn't even begin to cover what you apparently think it covers. Just ask the Supreme Court...the only time the 10th Amendment comes in to play is when Congress tries to force states into enforcing federal statutes. I think you are the one unfamiliar with the Constitution. Maybe a little more in a "government-run training center" (psychiatric ward) would be helpful. Perhaps it might even improve your writing.

For the record, federal jurisdiction covers so many things, it's mind-boggling. There is always a way to make something fall under federal jurisdiction, which they do have, despite your inane and uninformed ramblings.

As far as Sheriff's departments, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortysir View Post
Check, and MATE!!!
Really? Really? You're as off your rocker as he is.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:25 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,634,878 times
The Obama admin has issued an executive order that allows INTERPOL to act on US soil without the approval or oversite of Congress. So anybody INTERPOL says is one of there people can now act with immunity in the US even arrest powers.

Barack Obama: Executive Order 13524 - Amending Executive Order 12425 Designating Interpol as a Public International Organization Entitled To Enjoy Certain Privileges, Exemptions, and Immunities

1001 - Executive Order 13524 - Amending Executive Order 12425 Designating Interpol as a Public International Organization Entitled To Enjoy Certain Privileges, Exemptions, and Immunities
December 16, 2009

Giving away our freedoms one at at time.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:30 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,510,277 times
Quote:

Federal authority only supersedes states when it's a lawful exercise of a power granted in the Constitution and by constitutional laws.

Some sheriffs have in the past blocked the feds, and won in court.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Federal authority only supersedes states when it's a lawful exercise of a power granted in the Constitution and by constitutional laws.

Some sheriffs have in the past blocked the feds, and won in court.

Links, please.

And no, federal authority supersedes state authority whenever federal statutes are violated.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:00 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,995 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere
And no, federal authority supersedes state authority whenever federal statutes are violated.
I like how you've added this disclaimer only *after* it's been pointed out how wrong you are.

WikiAnswers - Where do state courts get their authority

Quote:
Constitution created federal judicial authority but it was only over federal matters such as issues that arose under federal law
Quote:
The Tenth Amendment stated that all powers not given to the federal government were retained by the states. Since the Constitution did not take away state court authority over internal matters, state courts retained that authority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies