Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 05:32 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middleoftheroad View Post

And if you don't think its already happening, watch that PBS show about the Indonesian Islands that are already 'sinking!'
Please sombody stop him I am dying here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2007, 05:32 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
Well, it must be true. I am here in Maine and it went to 92o today--unusual. When I lived in northern NM (this year past), we had record breaking snows.

I don't generally watch television, but I'll look for the show on PBS.

Did you think I was against climate change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by middleoftheroad View Post
Whether or not you subscribe to the C02 theory, or the cycle theory, at the end on the day it still means its gonna get hotter, the shorelines are going to rise, and people will start getting into trouble. Maybe its of their own doing. What harm could come from trying to be nice to the planet for a couple of years just to see if it helps?

And if you don't think its already happening, watch that PBS show about the Indonesian Islands that are already 'sinking!'

Old 05-25-2007, 05:34 PM

I don't think Gore will run. I wouldn't in his place, but if he is nominated at the convention--last minute thing--perhaps he'd accept.

But, otherwise, why should he!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post
I think the chance of Gore running are about 1 in ten.
He enjoys his new persona- and even hough I think he would like to be President, he likes what he is doing now.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:44 PM

174 posts, read 430,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I don't think Gore will run. I wouldn't in his place, but if he is nominated at the convention--last minute thing--perhaps he'd accept.

But, otherwise, why should he!
I think you are correct. I just mentioned the CNN poll, and 2 or 3 radicals went boinnnnng! Gore has a new niche, and it looks well on him. He said 'I'm out of love with politics' and I can believe it.

IMHO, though, he is more honest than the current admin, especially Rove, the puppet master!

oops. had to go and do it! Darn!

Old 05-25-2007, 05:48 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,333,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd7I4 View Post
Take some lessons form "ontheroad" - he debates with class, in clear english, and thus I answer him with respect.
OTR is a she, brother.

No way in h3ll can a man express himself the way she does.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:51 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Please don't turn this into another global warming thread!

Gore has consistently won every poll I've seen that puts him in the race. This is old news for those who have been paying attention.

Dd7I4, perhaps Memphis is behind the times, or you're not hearing when they laugh at the other politicians since they're all fair game to comedians. Anybody with a Sore/Loserman bumper sticker still on it needs to buy a new car!

The most vehement objections to Mr. Gore have been on these threads from a just a handful of people. If Gore personifies "Loser", then what does Bush personify? Gore lost an election (though I beg to differ on that) and Bush lost his mind (assuming he ever had one).

Gore is the only candidate who seems to care about people and what he can do for them from his position in the world. Ron Paul is close behind. All the others are wannabes screaming whatever their benefactors tell them to. If Gore can prove to me he's not beholden to special corporate interests and actually listen to the will of the people, I'll vote for him. Until then, I vote for myself since nobody else is going to do what I want. Power to the people!

Last edited by mhouse2001; 05-25-2007 at 06:13 PM..

Old 05-25-2007, 05:52 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,333,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittle View Post
I am not an Al Gore fan, but I can easily see why many people would find him to be an attractive democratic candidate. First, and probably most importantly, he has consistently opposed the war in Iraq from the start. Hillary Clinton voted for it. Barack Obama voted for it.
Are you sure Obama voted for the war, or are you just real happy today?

Old 05-25-2007, 05:56 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but was he in the Senate to vote on the war? I don't think so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
Are you sure Obama voted for the war, or are you just real happy today?

Old 05-25-2007, 06:01 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Hey look I found the poll, see it wasn't too hard, that's all I asked:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/polls/t...03-06-poll.htm

Gore got a 55% favorable, and I must admit that, as a clearly dangerous radical that I am, I am frankly shocked. It could be a statement on the likability of the other democratic candidates of course, none of them rate as high as Guiliani and McCain. It's a sad day for democrats when Gore is more popular than the other current democratic presidential candidates.

Hey look at this - Tony Blair is rated highest! Maybe he should run for president.

If Gore runs, Hillary will crush him below her heels like the tree-hugging panty waste that he is.

Old 05-25-2007, 06:03 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
OTR is a she, brother.

No way in h3ll can a man express himself the way she does.
I did not know that. I just got a twinge of erotic excitement at that news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies