Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 11:36 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,768,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortified View Post
So when is Obama and his crooks going to be arrested for bribing senators to vote for HC?

right after bush, cheney, and rummy go to prison for war crimes

care to source your statement?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 11:42 AM

146 posts, read 149,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post

Are you serious? Source my statement? LOL, what a moronic statement. Here is another news flash for you, what Bush and Cheney did was signed off on as legal by the most powerful lawyers and judges in the world at the time. Sorry, but you can not do a damn thing about it. Now, downright bribing government officials to vote for a bill is illegal on every level.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:51 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,961,323 times
Interesting what has happened in this country when it comes to hate for corporations. What ever happened to the presumption of innocence until proven guilty?

Few facts are out. A Smith & Wesson sales VP may have been desperate enough to do such a thing to increase their severly lagging sales and virtual absence in the US military small arms contracts. S&W has hurt themselves before and in the recent past may be the ones responsible for sinking the opportunity of our soliders to change to .45ACP from 9mm NATO side arms a few years back.

Interesting to note that the major small arms manufacturers and contractors to the US military do not appear to be involved (Berretta, Colt, Sig, GLOCK, etc....)

Old 01-21-2010, 11:55 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,297,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Interesting what has happened in this country when it comes to hate for corporations. What ever happened to the presumption of innocence until proven guilty?
I hate fraud and corporations who are doing it are worse than the Taliban and Al-Qaeda put together. Also, it's pretty much an open and shut case if it's a sting and the evidence was recorded on film. Book 'em, Dan-O.

Quote:
Few facts are out. A Smith & Wesson sales VP may have been desperate enough to do such a thing to increase their severly lagging sales and virtual absence in the US military small arms contracts. S&W has hurt themselves before and in the recent past may be the ones responsible for sinking the opportunity of our soliders to change to .45ACP from 9mm NATO side arms a few years back.
This sounds like apologist talk to me. Let me bust out my tiny violin.

Quote:
Interesting to note that the major small arms manufacturers and contractors to the US military do not appear to be involved (Berretta, Colt, Sig, GLOCK, etc....)
Maybe they're running a cleaner operation?

Old 01-21-2010, 11:59 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,297,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Smith & Wesson Executive Among 22 Accused of Bribery (Update3)

Smith & Wesson Executive Among 22 Accused of Bribery (Update3) - BusinessWeek
I wonder when they will start to investigate the bribery that recently took place in the Senate of the United States. You know the Louisiana Purchase and the Cornhusker buyout? Just wondering when our government will begin to investigate that use of taxpayer money.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I wonder when they will start to investigate the bribery that recently took place in the Senate of the United States. You know the Louisiana Purchase and the Cornhusker buyout? Just wondering when our government will begin to investigate that use of taxpayer money.
Deflection, but I generally agree.

I would suggest the S&W apologists not give them a pass just because they make guns. The pathetic attempt at "what about people's jobs there?" is BS because it's fraud whether it's a "green" company or a gun company. It's unAmerican regardless of how American the product they're selling is.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post

How about you doing what you requested for your statement?

Old 01-21-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Deflection, but I generally agree.

I would suggest the S&W apologists not give them a pass just because they make guns. The pathetic attempt at "what about people's jobs there?" is BS because it's fraud whether it's a "green" company or a gun company. It's unAmerican regardless of how American the product they're selling is.
Which corporation would our Justice Department want to run a sting on, a gun manufacturing company or a window manufacturing company that our VP has done so much to promote? We both know but the thing that worries me most is if the wanting to get S & W might be connected to the desire to take our guns away. We all know about that being something that the administration wants to do as soon as possible. Even to violating the Constitution because they can't amend it to do what they want.

That is the thing that bothers me most about this story.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Which corporation would our Justice Department want to run a sting on, a gun manufacturing company or a window manufacturing company that our VP has done so much to promote? We both know but the thing that worries me most is if the wanting to get S & W might be connected to the desire to take our guns away. We all know about that being something that the administration wants to do as soon as possible. Even to violating the Constitution because they can't amend it to do what they want.

That is the thing that bothers me most about this story.
You have no proof busts are specifically occurring in the gun industry, that's just tinfoilhattery. As far as I'm concerned, I'm glad that private contractors are getting busted. Wish it was someone else like the folks who are ripping off the taxpayer with $12 lunches for the troops and $5 sodas. I've never liked the arrogance that goes on in the gun industry in general. Worst businesspeople I've ever dealt with at shows. They'll cus you out, talking with their mouth full of food, very very unprofessional. When I proved to a guy that a Hungarian AK could be had for $200 less online (after he challenged me), he ordered me to leave his booth. This would come as no surprise to me the unprofessional conduct of Smith & Wesson.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:07 PM

146 posts, read 149,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
You have no proof busts are specifically occurring in the gun industry, that's just tinfoilhattery. As far as I'm concerned, I'm glad that private contractors are getting busted. Wish it was someone else like the folks who are ripping off the taxpayer with $12 lunches for the troops and $5 sodas. I've never liked the arrogance that goes on in the gun industry in general. Worst businesspeople I've ever dealt with at shows. They'll cus you out, talking with their mouth full of food, very very unprofessional. When I proved to a guy that a Hungarian AK could be had for $200 less online (after he challenged me), he ordered me to leave his booth. This would come as no surprise to me the unprofessional conduct of Smith & Wesson.
You should be this worried and more about the corruption and dirty dealings withing the very government that is going after private business. It is hypocrisy at it's finest. The Federal Reserve is the biggest ponzi scheme the world has ever seen, but they spend their time putting Bernie Madoff in jail instead. We have a President that outright bribes other govt. officials for votes. We have Congressman and Senators evading taxes. We have Congressman and Senators getting sweetheart deals for favorable policy making. We have a Federal Government that violates the Constitution at will,,,AND laughs at the American people when they point it out. We have a Federal Government that allowed itself to be hijacked by radical revolutionaries and are trying to fundamentally change this country right in front of everyone! This news is a smoke screen so the American people don't focus too hard on what they are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies