Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 06:29 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,454,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
Don't be naive. You got suckered. The one you just posted is the photoshopped cover. They shopped the actual photo and then added the background to make it appear as the original. Clever, huh? Some guy from the Huff 'n Puff site I heard. Then had a buddy post it elsewhere. Got to give them credit though.
oh....boy....this forum really does scare me that there might in fact be people around the world this misinformed and delusional.

Please tell me you're kidding and give me hope that we aren't all doomed?

It pains me to have to do this, but are you saying that all the valid points regarding the photoshopped picture are not true? I just really don't have time to debunk this but just can't let your bald faced lie sit on this forum.
snopes.com: Left-Handed Salute
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 06:32 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,947,251 times
Default he must be three foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Did any of the above posters minus theolarge even read the article? It says the funding comes from the EU and doesn't mention Obama once. These people are so quick to rip Obama, it's disturbingly dangerous.

I begin a notion that posters who start threads purposely to mislead with titles and articles like this should receive warnings and if it persists, a ban.
I do not feel you truly comprehend what is being said in the article, nor do you understand the implications, twista.

Quote:
It says the funding comes from the EU
The terror watch list was to prevent known terrorists and their organizations from conducting business in the global finance/banking sector. The purpose of this was to deny cash flow for known terrorist outfits. The EU was circumventing this and is funding a terrorist organization, Hamas, illegally. This behavior risked a lawsuit until HAMAS was removed from the terror watch list. Now European gov't & NGO's can move moneys with no over sight directly into HAMAS bank accounts were the money will fund their militancy and future attacks on civilians, the gov'ts and ngo's can now do this without risk of a lawsuit or international condemnation.

Quote:
and doesn't mention Obama once
Read between the lines: Timothy F. Geithner is the United States Secretary of the Treasury, a cabinet position. Do you know what a cabinet position is, twista? Who's Geithner's boss? Obama.

(A) Are you so clueless that you believe Obama does not know/has no control over what his Cabinet is doing? (B) Or do you believe Obama is so clueless that he doesn't know what his Cabinet is doing?

It's A or B. So which is it twista?

Quote:
I begin a notion that posters who start threads purposely to mislead with titles and articles like this should receive warnings and if it persists, a ban.
I begin a notion that if you cannot make an inference or deduction, you stay out of the discussion because it's probably over your head.

Here's a little something on the Treasury Department's use of the terror watch list.

The Office of Foreign Assets Control ('OFAC') of the US Department of the Treasury administers and enforces economic and trade sanctions based on US foreign policy and national security goals against targeted foreign countries, terrorists, international narcotics traffickers and those engaged in activities relat6ed to the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction... Many of the sanctions are based on United Nations and other international mandates, are multilateral in scope, and involve close cooperation with allied governments.

http://www.zipreports.com/index.php/...rist-watchofac

Last edited by mossomo; 01-25-2010 at 07:01 PM..

Old 01-25-2010, 06:57 PM

918 posts, read 816,610 times
Default Attention

Will the person who made this post...#23...

Quote:
You still have never explained why you refer to him as "Hussein" and until you can prove it otherwise any modest minded person will think it's a racist jab a middle easterners considering your views of Obama. And Palin is lucky to graduate college. Obama is an Ivy League lawyer.
PLEASE return to your nice private corner at the back of the room; put the pointy hat back on and continue mumbling to yourself I shall not venture into waters over my head, as you were instructed... JEEEESH...this one is a real head-slapper: smack:
Anyone up to enlightening the one with the burnt out lamp?

C'mon now...SOMEBODY tell her why he's referrd to as Barack Hussein Obama...puulease....HAVE MERCY..

Sweet Baby Jesus come down... lift this burden from our shoulders...
WE..., YOUR children beseech you in the name of MERCY for we have endured much and are ready to cast out the ignorant among us who blaspheme your creation. Say HALLELUJAH. Say Ahhhhhhmen.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:00 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmina View Post
you DO know that they didn't actually use their left hands over their hearts right? Or do you believe everything you see and hear, especially if it's negative towards Obama?

I had to go research it and yes I was taken in by it for a moment. It's just so easy to believe hussein obama would do this considering he has had such a hard time honering the flag in the past.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:03 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
I do not feel you truly comprehend what is being said in the article, nor do you understand the implications, twista.

The terror watch list was to prevent known terrorists and their organizations from conducting business in the global finance/banking sector. The purpose of this was to deny cash flow for known terrorist outfits. The EU was circumventing this and is funding a terrorist organization, Hamas, illegally. This behavior risked a lawsuit until HAMAS was removed from the terror watch list. Now European gov't & NGO's can move moneys with no over sight directly into HAMAS bank accounts were the money will fund their militancy and future attacks on civilians, without risk of a lawsuit or international condemnation.

Read between the lines: Timothy F. Geithner is the United States Secretary of the Treasury, a cabinet position. Do you know what a cabinet position is, twista? Who's Geithner's boss? Obama.

(A) Are you so clueless that you believe Obama does not know/has no control over what his Cabinet is doing? (B) Or do you believe Obama is so clueless that he doesn't know what his Cabinet is doing?

It's A or B. So which is it twista?

I begin a notion that if you cannot make an inference or deduction, you stay out of the discussion because it's probably over your head.

Here's a little something on the Treasury Department's use of the terror watch list.

The Office of Foreign Assets Control ('OFAC') of the US Department of the Treasury administers and enforces economic and trade sanctions based on US foreign policy and national security goals against targeted foreign countries, terrorists, international narcotics traffickers and those engaged in activities relat6ed to the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction... Many of the sanctions are based on United Nations and other international mandates, are multilateral in scope, and involve close cooperation with allied governments.

Terrorist Watch/OFAC
Ahhh, very well explained! You did a much better job than I. I'm sure some lib will still come along and say "but the article never said Obama!!!!"

Old 01-25-2010, 07:04 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,454,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I had to go research it and yes I was taken in by it for a moment. It's just so easy to believe hussein obama would do this considering he has had such a hard time honering the flag in the past.
well I appreciate your coming on here to admit it, and I'm glad i was able to assist in debunking.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:10 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,519,970 times
Quote:
hard time honering the flag in the past.
How does one "honer" the flag. and to respond to your post, what you state is pure B&^% S&*&$

Funny thing, you Obama haters would hate him if he ironed your white sheets. Yes, we know what it is all about.

True conservatives left the Republican party years ago, leaving it to former southern democrats and their progeny, you know, KKK

Old 01-25-2010, 07:37 PM

918 posts, read 816,610 times
Default HA! arielmina

Did your homework did you. Of course I was strokin' you lefties. Why not? You deserve it and I like to see y'all get your collective systolics up. Did look great though huh? Figured that by shootin' back at you so fast I'd intimidate you....ha! You must admit I had you goin a bit though..C'mon... Admit it. If I was into that photo imaging stuff I could have a ball here. Hell, I'd have no compunctions about digging up a picture of his REAL KENYAN FATHER with sworn affidavits....don't-cha-know! I'd probaly plant it over in the Brits bailiwick somewhere and let it drift over thisaway.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:39 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,071,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
Did your homework did you. Of course I was strokin' you lefties. Why not? You deserve it and I like to see y'all get your collective systolics up. Did look great though huh? Figured that by shootin' back at you so fast I'd intimidate you....ha! You must admit I had you goin a bit though..C'mon... Admit it. If I was into that photo imaging stuff I could have a ball here. Hell, I'd have no compunctions about digging up a picture of his REAL KENYAN FATHER with sworn affidavits....don't-cha-know! I'd probaly plant it over in the Brits bailiwick somewhere and let it drift over thisaway.
Can someone please translate this into English?

Old 01-25-2010, 07:46 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Can someone please translate this into English?
If you can't read English, I can't help you.

Care to respond to Mossomo?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies