Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 03:24 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
The world is full of morons.

Obama did no such thing
No, just gullible people who'd believe EVERYTHING they are told from their sheep herders. Problem is, there are an awful lot of them out there. Ever notice how they back up or shut up when they're confronted with questions they can't answer? Which, most times, is 'bout every question asked.

The simple, gullible republican mind is a terrible thing to waste and it's wasted every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 03:25 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Did you read this or no?
Do you find the report credible? If so, why?

Old 01-25-2010, 03:29 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Did you read this or no?
EU----what's that? Oh, funds flow from EUROPE, not the United States. And one journalist thinks that for some reason not being on the US terrorist watchlist means no lawsuits can be filed. Why can't lawsuits be filed? What does the watchlist have to do with lawsuits?

Old 01-25-2010, 03:29 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Hell, FOX News(?) hasn't even hit on it! That's right up their fair and balanced alley. If it were credible they'd be on it like a fly on manure.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:12 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
And last I checked the POTUS and the treasury were entirely seperate entities.
The Secretary of the Treasury, Timothy Geithner, is appointed by and reports to the POTUS, Obama. I thought that I made that clear in my original post. I gave you the dots, even connected them for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
I don't have much of an opinion to its credibility. It doesn't seem to have been picked up by any MSM, so it's difficult to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
EU----what's that? Oh, funds flow from EUROPE, not the United States. And one journalist thinks that for some reason not being on the US terrorist watchlist means no lawsuits can be filed. Why can't lawsuits be filed? What does the watchlist have to do with lawsuits?
I'm just going off of what the article says, and it claims that since the Department of the Treasury removed these individuals from the watchlist, funds from the EU would be able to flow directly to them now. The article doesn't give a lot of information as to what being on the watchlist has to do with international lawsuits and/or how the two are intertwined. There are indeed some unanswered questions.
Quote:
The terrorist list is meant for distribution in the world banking system, where the transfer of funds to anyone on the list is prohibited.
That part I get, but the lawsuit thing, not so much.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:34 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,456,525 times
Quote:
The Secretary of the Treasury, Timothy Geithner, is appointed by and reports to the POTUS, Obama. I thought that I made that clear in my original post. I gave you the dots, even connected them for you.

I don't have much of an opinion to its credibility. It doesn't seem to have been picked up by any MSM, so it's difficult to say.

I'm just going off of what the article says, and it claims that since the Department of the Treasury removed these individuals from the watchlist, funds from the EU would be able to flow directly to them now. The article doesn't give a lot of information as to what being on the watchlist has to do with international lawsuits and/or how the two are intertwined. There are indeed some unanswered questions. That part I get, but the lawsuit thing, not so much.

Ok for all of you who just love to latch on to these little half baked reports...why do you think that the Department of Treasury would have control over who is on the terror watch list?

Old 01-25-2010, 05:07 PM

918 posts, read 817,092 times
Default How about a clue to Obama's thinking

What's wrong with this picture?

Old 01-25-2010, 05:32 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
I can think of two:

1. The assumption that they have hearts to put their hands over.
2. They are using their left hands.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:43 PM

918 posts, read 817,092 times
Default whatyousay

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo

I can think of two:

1. The assumption that they have hearts to put their hands over.
2. They are using their left hands.

DoctorIQ..that gentlemen in the right balcony, give him TWO SILVER DOLLARS!

#2. is of course correct; however it may not be good judgement to acknowledge your sentiment in #1. as there is a new rule implemented here by ADMIN...Now where is that sign they told me to post? Oh! there it is...Mr. whatyousay, we do not want to encourage assessments now for some of the posters here, do we?

Old 01-25-2010, 05:54 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
And the world becomes safer! /sarcasm.

Hamas is not a terror organization? This is the world Obama lives in. Obama is going to get innocent people killed. He does not get the threat the free world faces.

US Terror Blacklist Whitewashes Hamas, Enables Funding - Defense/Middle East - Israel News - Israel National News

If Obama was a closet muslim, a secret Islamofascist sympathizer, what would Obama be doing any different?

And for all the Jews who voted for Obama, I hope you are having second thoughts.

From hussein obama's own mouth he said he was a muslim. The enemy is in the white house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies