Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 08:06 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
No we have lawyers and Psychiatrists who say the people are sick and need help. Or they are confused and need guidance.
Sure .. They are confused on just exactly where the electric chair is, and need some guidance on just how to find it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 08:18 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
I don't see why this is even a debate. Is someone arguing over who should pay for the bullet? This man needs out.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:20 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,742,238 times
Only the good die young.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:52 PM

324 posts, read 573,824 times
You people have no clue!
I'm nauseated to read all the death penalties and other finger pointing to this elderly person.
Has it ever crossed your minds, that Sypnier could be a victim of this system, BTW ???
Article like the one provided by OP is telling NOTHING. Zippo, completely nothing!
Yes, there's his youngest daughter's evil mouth, the daughter who "requested her name to be witheld" (why???). There's no comment from other daughters, and I think, if he "raped" her, he would have raped also his other daughters. They would vocalize that. What if there was some serious argument between Sypnier and his youngest daughter (i.g. about his inheritance or whatever else), in the past, and his youngest daughter simply decided for revenge? Could this be ruled out!?
All his guilt is based on accusations, solely. Who knows what he actually did to stay in prison for all of those years... How difficult is it for other people to say "Yes, he did it (to me)", just because he was once convicted (conviction doesn't mean guilt), as 'molester'? It's very easy, and people love to do that! You all in this thread are great example! Wishing death sentence, because you just read about him in newspaper... Wonderful!
Out of the whole OP's lenghty article, there's one line, yes, just one line, devoted to Sypnier: He is denying whatever wrongdoing! How about that? In the following article In the Line of Duty - 100 YR OLD NY SEX OFFENDER CALLED 'PERSONIFICATION OF EVIL' , Sypnier is called "stubborn and rebellious" just for maintaining, that he is innocent. If the state agency person can go this far, then lot of mistreatment from the state is a great possibility!
The above article gives Sypnier more than one line, and while no one is defending him there, a reader can get at least a bit more idea. Both articles (the one from OP and the above from me) are complaining just about how Sypnier is not complying with whatever authorities requested him to do after he left prison. Nobody is even questioning what exactly he could have really done to be in the prison... Nobody is doubting, that he may actually not lie, when claiming his innocence...
Strongly reminds me the scandal from 1 or 2 years ago when media described the christian community (Yearning for Zion in Texas) in the worst evil possible way. The state authorities caused lot of trauma to those kids mothers and fathers, just to see later, that Texas federal appeal court rendered the state actions ilegal...
This country is obssesed with children molesting, and whoever becomes a suspect is quickly labeled a hateful criminal, while we may not have even a little clue, what, the hell, really happened...
I'm deeply disapointed by the judgement of posters in this thread. Not a single person even thought of possible wrongdoing on part of state authorities or perhaps the alleged victims. Would that be so impossible in the country where money is the top life value, and knowing that any successful molestation charges bring a monetary reward?
Yes, it is possible, that Sypnier, has done something wrong in the past, but we know, that any successfully convicted child molester is without a chance for improvement in the future, because unlike other crimes (like a murder, e.g.), molesters' names are published, every their move is closely watched, and I believe, interpreted in the most harmful way to the molester. These people wouldn't be hired for employment again, IOW their life is ruined by state authorities and by some evil people playing the victims.
This is 100 year OLD, and after all the punishement he has received by now, he is no longer a threat! He would have to be mentally retarded, if he didn't try to avoid kids as much as possible. And if he is mentally retarded then he can't be held liable for his actions.
This post is not about defending Sypnier, since I know close to nothing about him. I just wanted to state, that things are rarely, if ever, white/black clear. And to take seriously media in this country could be a major mistake. They are there for creating their positive image, so they can attract reader, hence to stay in business.
Please, don't act like a herd, try to engage your brain, sometime. And keep your death sentences for yourselves, if you like them so much!

Last edited by paulpan; 01-27-2010 at 11:30 PM..

Old 01-28-2010, 11:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
There is NO CURE for pedophilia. Until this country recognizes the truth of that we will continue to have innocent children confined to their homes so these monsters can roam free. They should be locked up for the rest of their natural life the moment they are convicted of the first offense.

Very good posting, and so true. People think you can help Pedophilia but you cannot, and what is wrong with judges, some, that give a free pass, i just don't understand that at all. They should be locked up, and throw away the freaking key. Some get out of jail, and go right back to that life they had known, and some poor innocent child, is now going to suffer because of the low life. These people don't change, why take a chance with our young precious kids.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:08 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Only the good die young.

Have heard that line one too many times! But also there is some truth to the saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies