Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2010, 11:12 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
why do you think this?
All that talk about bi-partisanism after telling the Republicans that they can't even take part in debate and refusing them to insert any amendments to the Dem bills for health insurance reform. Does any of that sound like they really want to have anyone opposing them? It sure doesn't sound that way to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 11:14 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Does anybody else find it strange that Sarah Palin gets hired by Fox--and just like that, she's a qualified expert analyst. If she's so knowledgeable, how is it that she was such an albatross around the McCain campaign? (Or does it take less than a year and a half to become an expert?)

Old 01-28-2010, 11:18 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
All that talk about bi-partisanism after telling the Republicans that they can't even take part in debate and refusing them to insert any amendments to the Dem bills for health insurance reform. Does any of that sound like they really want to have anyone opposing them? It sure doesn't sound that way to me.
Does Fox just not talk much about the permanent Republican majority, these days?

Old 01-28-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Does anybody else find it strange that Sarah Palin gets hired by Fox--and just like that, she's a qualified expert analyst. If she's so knowledgeable, how is it that she was such an albatross around the McCain campaign? (Or does it take less than a year and a half to become an expert?)
Once again, Fred, I voted for Sarah and that white haired guy who ran with her.

Who said she was an expert analyst? She was hired by Fox to do that but that doesn't say she is an expert. Have you listened to her, at all, the past few months? I didn't think so since her talk has all been on Fox.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:19 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Judging from Fox's "expert panel" after the address last night, it's not necessary for their people to be able to think for themselves or even form intelligent paragraphs.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:20 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
It sounds like you are making excuses for them.

The Republicans have proven that are not willing to work together with the Democrats. They are determined to derail the President no matter the cost to the nation.

That is the great tragedy.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:20 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
I think that red is her most becoming color. Did you hear on MSNBC or what?

I watched the speech on CNN and then switched to Fox to
get their spin on it.

Red is the standard "Reagan day Republican" color, but I'm sure for you, it will congure up visions of "Super Girl"

Old 01-28-2010, 11:23 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
I am not a supporter of the president and it would take a gun to my head to vote for him.He is no different from Bush and both parties are economic imbeciles that are running the country to the ground.
With that said,Obama did lecture but he was bi partisan.He gave a slap in the face to his own party and told them to get a vote on HC and show leadership instead of worrying about their next elections.He gave the {R}s about the same message that saying no and obstructing legislation to score points and pick up seats is not leadership.
I agree with him,the leadership of both parties is pathetic.
As far as the SC,I think he has the right to disagree with their decision and ask the congress to get legislation to correct the problem.That won't take place because democracy is always for sale to the highest bidder.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:24 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Once again, Fred, I voted for Sarah and that white haired guy who ran with her.

Who said she was an expert analyst? She was hired by Fox to do that but that doesn't say she is an expert. Have you listened to her, at all, the past few months? I didn't think so since her talk has all been on Fox.
Putting her, rather than someone else, up there to give her interpretations and opinions makes her a de facto voice of Fix. No one there takes apart what she has to say. So what she says stands as their version of expert analysis. Of course it's slipshod and entertainment, but Fix viewers do take their political opinions from the Fix talking heads, see City Data Politics forum.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Does Fox just not talk much about the permanent Republican majority, these days?
I didn't get to watch Fox till about coronation time last year so I don't hear much of that, but it is obvious that Dirty Harry and Nasty Nancy will continue to work to keep the GOP people from speaking out on the floors of their respective houses. Harry even went so far as to tell them he didn't need any of them months ago. I guess he has turned to needing to bribe to get at least one vote from them and the two independents which indicates that he has lost his bid to become THE PARTY. Maybe that won't happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies