Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 07:33 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Yeah, this classic along with R Eric Cantor of Virginia denouncing any "Job Bill"...

Haven't Republicans been the one's whining that job creation needs to be the President's focus?

I'm confused....
Isnt that what the stimulus was suppose to be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 07:35 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,318,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamOrbit View Post
Repub ARE the party of no.

If the democrats/Obama dropped the health care plan idea entirely, the republikans would say NO.
And whereas Obamas, Pelosi and Reids ruinous legisltion is concerned...thank god for that.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:36 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamOrbit View Post
Repub ARE the party of no.

If the democrats/Obama dropped the health care plan idea entirely, the republikans would say NO.
That is a lie. Republicans have offered ideas and solutions and tried to work with democrats. Democrats tell republicans no to their ideas and then label them the party of no when republicans vote on their principles and voting for what the American people want

I understand why you all continue to spread that lie. Republicans just have to get better at pointing out the lie and calling it what it is

GOP Solutions for America - GOP.gov

Old 01-29-2010, 07:38 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Did anyone notice what the vote was yesterday on the proposal for a pay as you go budgeting rule in the U.S. Senate?

It was 60-40 (http://http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=111&session=2&vote =00012 - broken link).

To save you the trouble of looking it up, I'll just tell you that it was all forty Republicans who voted against the proposition that spending increases should be paid for by reductions elsewhere in the budget.

Hmmm.
Your link page led me to a results page about government grants. Could you re- post the specific link for reference please? Thanks.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:42 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
Did anyone notice what the vote was yesterday on the proposal for a pay as you go budgeting rule in the U.S. Senate?

It was 60-40 (http://http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=111&session=2&vote =00012 - broken link).

To save you the trouble of looking it up, I'll just tell you that it was all forty Republicans who voted against the proposition that spending increases should be paid for by reductions elsewhere in the budget.

Hmmm.
You need to realise what that means. its a shell game adn I gauranteee the demcrats voye aginst a actaul balnaced budget every time. its a off set on savings that never happens.If that were so then they would have voted for the commision to put everyhtig on teh table to solve the national debt. They would not ahve vote 5 times since they got control of congress to raise the debt ceiling include the last two time once in Decemeber and now agin yesterday.I say if you really feel this way then support a balanced budget bill and be agianst raising the national debt limit. Otherwise we will contimue seeing those pofof sets that never happen and the debt will conmtiue to rise with tsoe limts being raised for a real reason. Game asare easy to ploay. Just look at Obamas 250 billion over ten years freesze ;but the date it goes into effect and the debt limit being raised on the very day he made the speech.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:44 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,297,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Isnt that what the stimulus was suppose to be?
To some extent... To save jobs as well as create... I'd be all for re-assessing what the un-spent portion of the stimulus should be used for if that's your contention....

Honestly, after reading Cantor's entire statement I tend to agree with it...

My bad...

Old 01-29-2010, 07:44 AM

4,562 posts, read 4,103,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Jobs bill = Stimulus II More pork!!!

Pay & Go, did you mention all the pork put in with this legislation, that the republicans in no way were going to vote for. A good bill can be really bad, when they pile all types of other sweetheart deals onto it, to sneak it by.
When the republicans, or on the opposite page, the democrats don't fall for it, the other side singles out the good, and says, "look they don't care about doing anything"
What you call pork, I call repair, maintenance and expansion to deal with increased demand.

Its pretty typical that people think once something is built its going to last forever with no need to rebuild or repair, and it can deal with increased traffic/stress.

You may argue that this should be done locally because you don't want to pay for something far away. You use these items indirectly though. Unless you can tell me everything you purchase was made and grown within 20 miles of your own house, and you never take vacations or travel far away.

I'd rather spend the money to put someone to work making our infrastructure better, than giving a tax cut to a bank so they can hire someone to peddle a flawed loan to other Americans, or use the money for welfare, or give a tax cut to some company that has outsourced American jobs recently.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:55 AM

4,562 posts, read 4,103,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
That is a lie. Republicans have offered ideas and solutions and tried to work with democrats. Democrats tell republicans no to their ideas and then label them the party of no when republicans vote on their principles and voting for what the American people want

I understand why you all continue to spread that lie. Republicans just have to get better at pointing out the lie and calling it what it is

GOP Solutions for America - GOP.gov
Both parties are the party of NO, wanting to force their ideals on a large portion of Americans that don't want them. Neither party is innocent of being useless and they both need to be replaced.

Quite frankly, a lot of the people on this board as well as congress need to get used to the idea that America is a nation of compromise and you should be happy to just get your way half the time. Most of us on here whine like infants when something doesn't go our way.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:19 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Aren't you confused as to why we need a jobs bill when the Stimulus is working wonders?

If what you just stated is the mindset of the Republicans in Congress, it goes back to the fact that their as useless and no better than the democrats and the fact that your willing to excuse their inept ability to work for those who voted them into office rather than putting their fingers in their ear sticking out their tongue, sticking up their middle finger and holding on until November.
This generation and our children and their children are really in trouble and its Not only at the hands of those IDIOTS in Washington.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:29 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Quote:

Hmmm.
What a farce. This bill you are referring to was to increase the debt ceiling by $1.9 trillion. I would be embarrassed to be a republican if they didn't vote against that bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies