Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 08:45 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times

Advertisements

Air Force $2,100,744.59 over a Two-Year Period, Including $101,429 for In-Flight Expenses

According to the documents, obtained by Judicial Watch through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), the Speaker’s military travel cost the United States Air Force $2,100,744.59 over a two-year period — $101,429.14 of which was for in-flight expenses, including food and alcohol. The following are highlights from the recent release of about 2,000 documents (http://www.judicialwatch.org/story/2010/jan/nancy-pelosi-air-force-documents - broken link):

Judicial Watch Uncovers New Documents Detailing Pelosi's Use of Air Force Aircraft | Judicial Watch

Why are we paying for her alcohol and food?

I personally think she needs to pay that back out of her own pocket.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 10:16 AM

I cant believe this isnt ticking anyone else off with the amount of debt this country is in

Old 01-29-2010, 10:25 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
Unless all the data for all the people who rode in the same mode of transportation is gathered together, then detailed all offenders in travel expense/food/alcohol/misc and ask them to pay it back as well...it's just hypocritical. What applies to one, must apply to all. Enforcing different rules of conduct based on party affiliation is not allowed by a rational and sane society. There is no justice if it's not applied equally.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:28 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Unless all the data for all the people who rode in the same mode of transportation is gathered together, then detailed all offenders in travel expense/food/alcohol/misc and ask them to pay it back as well...it's just hypocritical. What applies to one, must apply to all. Enforcing different rules of conduct based on party affiliation is not allowed by a rational and sane society. There is no justice if it's not applied equally.

ah Sub.. which is why i didn't reply to this. Just more of the nit picking and partisan babbling. "see what she's doing...just hope no one look at my food bill"

Old 01-29-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Of course they all democrat / republican / independent needs to be paying for their own food and liquor. The 101k is for Pelosi.

I think all elected reps needs to be writing a check from their own bank account to pay for any food let alone liquor they have billed to the taxpayers

I am not working to pay for them to get drunk. Republican or democrat

Old 01-29-2010, 10:37 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,303,459 times
Quote:
Can't rep you but I agree.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamOrbit View Post
This appears to have happen during the Bush admin and the current admin.

So before you go blaming Obama, you better re-read the OP
I blame them all. I dont excuse this just because it also happened while Bush was president.

Who said I"m blaming Obama? But if hes billing us for liquor he needs to write a check also. ALong with any past president.

I wonder how much that would decrease the national debt. If all living past and present living elected officals had to pay back the amount that they charged to taxpayers for food, drinks, liquor

Old 01-29-2010, 10:42 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I blame them all. I dont excuse this just because it also happened while Bush was president.

Who said I"m blaming Obama? But if hes billing us for liquor he needs to write a check also. ALong with any past president.

I wonder how much that would decrease the national debt. If all living past and present living elected officals had to pay back the amount that they charged to taxpayers for food, drinks, liquor
I'm sure these alcohol expenditures have increased the national debt hugely. It is comon practice to pay for people's meals when they are on business trips.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:47 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,303,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Of course they all democrat / republican / independent needs to be paying for their own food and liquor. The 101k is for Pelosi.

I think all elected reps needs to be writing a check from their own bank account to pay for any food let alone liquor they have billed to the taxpayers

I am not working to pay for them to get drunk. Republican or democrat
Your indignation was directed at Pelosi.

Nice back pedal.

Quote:
Jadex:
Why are we paying for her alcohol and food?

I personally think she needs to pay that back out of her own pocket.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I'm sure these alcohol expenditures have increased the national debt hugely. It is comon practice to pay for people's meals when they are on business trips.
Yeah so lets just ignore it shall we. We arent in debt.

She isnt working for a business. She is working for the citizens of this country. She is actually suppose to be a servant. Its a shame you've forgotten that.

Vistors that vist the president including the president have to pay their own meals but pelosi cant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies