Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 02:35 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
If you're thinking that the Bush admin. should be held accountable, don't hold your breath, because it's not going to happen.

Perhaps in 35 to 45 years from now, the truth about Iraq might be outed, but we will not be around to see it.

Eisenhower got us involved in Vietnam and it ended up in Kennedy's lap, and this Iraq war was handed to the next elected democratic prez. on a silver platter full of other messes.

At least the presence of foreign troops in Iraq is helping keep a handle on things. If all were to pull out, you'd see alot more bombings and alot more violence. We're pretty much stuck between a rock and a hard place. There is no easy or best way out of this one.
Damn near a glimmer of common sense from this poster. Won't be long before these folks will have to admit Bush kept us safe and Obama is just a bag of Chicago wind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 02:35 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,949 times
Caustic.
watch your language or I'll report you.
Near common sense? get off of it, your remarks are ignorant.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:37 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
keep defending an unjust war its the typical right wing talking point. it was about saving people......is that why cheney had the meetings with oil tycoons? I love how the same right wing that screams about abortion supports mass killing of innocent living children

"We need to decide that we will not go to war, whatever reason is conjured up by the politicians or the media, because war in our time is always indiscriminate, a war against innocents, a war against children."
This from someone who thinks Iraq didnt have terrorists camps inside their border.. makes me wonder.. if you didnt know that commonly known information, what else dont you know?

Everything else you've posted is pure speculation and nonsense bs based upon someones uneducated opinion and assumptions..

Old 02-05-2010, 09:36 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,354 times
Quote:
BBC NEWS | Programmes | Newsnight | Secret US plans for Iraq's oil

Anyone still want to defend the war? I would guess some will.
What about the exit strategy that was suppose to be considered and wasn't planned for?

I'm sure the military has plans prepared to invade or defend just about every country and/or part of the globe. Among other things, that's what the Pentagon does. How or what might happen or could be done concerning Iraq's oil production (it's source of income) are all part of that planning....and that of course would using executives (or former ones) from that industry as consultants. The articles describes two a couple of different plans (or scenarios). All the plans are secret not just those concerning the oil.

The idea that the U.S. could just walk in and privatise Iraq's oil fields was suppose to be what the "Big Oil" people wanted so, that they could increase production so high that it would make OPEC collapse. First off, the Iraqi oil fields have been poorly maintained and haved lacked any significant investment for a along time. It only produces about 2 million barrels a day, compared to around 35 million a day for OPEC. Even at it's peak (after billions and billions of investment), it could hardly break OPEC...it's only ranked about 15th in world production. Secondly, why would big oil want to break up OPEC by increasing Iraq's production so much that OPEC has to cut production to keep prices from dropping? Big oil profits just like OPEC profits...they're on the same team as OPEC.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:58 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,766,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
If you're thinking that the Bush admin. should be held accountable, don't hold your breath, because it's not going to happen.

Perhaps in 35 to 45 years from now, the truth about Iraq might be outed, but we will not be around to see it.

Eisenhower got us involved in Vietnam and it ended up in Kennedy's lap, and this Iraq war was handed to the next elected democratic prez. on a silver platter full of other messes.

At least the presence of foreign troops in Iraq is helping keep a handle on things. If all were to pull out, you'd see alot more bombings and alot more violence. We're pretty much stuck between a rock and a hard place. There is no easy or best way out of this one.

I know no one will be held accountable. Just like all involved with Kennedy will be dead when they open the files...Thats politics for ya.

As for the presence of troops?? I dont think things would be this way if we never invaded. Sure saddam was an a$$ but one under a close eye who knew he had to behave himself at least somewhat. Now we are stuck there for 30 years at the cost of over a hundred thousand lives.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Don't call someone a racist if you don't know what your talking about. Fact is you don't know much about anything except a lot of jabberjawing that means nothing to anyone except the left lunatic base. You people are in the minority and you can race bait all you want if it makes you feel better about yourself. Get a job!

Oh I am race baiting by commenting on a comment that said the president was only elected because he was black Please dont use the word fact when you dont have any. I said nothing about race except to call some one out who made a racist comment. Does it bother you when racism is called racism? It is quite clear by your post you are out of touch since apparently the "minority" "lunatics" had enough votes to elect a president.

Also the get a job comment is quite ASSuming as usual from you. Fact is I have not been without a job since I was 14. Fact is I run my own business. Fact is I provide other people jobs. Anything FACTUAL you would like to say? if not please stop replying to my thread as you are nothing but clutter

Old 02-05-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Damn near a glimmer of common sense from this poster. Won't be long before these folks will have to admit Bush kept us safe and Obama is just a bag of Chicago wind.

whooo thanks Mr bush for keeping us safe....yes safe from a country that never had the ability to attack us and is now a breeding ground for anti-american terrorism...thank you mr bush.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
This from someone who thinks Iraq didnt have terrorists camps inside their border.. makes me wonder.. if you didnt know that commonly known information, what else dont you know?

Everything else you've posted is pure speculation and nonsense bs based upon someones uneducated opinion and assumptions..

you are like the rush/ glen beck of CD.....just lie and then swear to it. get a freaking clue. Alqaeda in Iraq is referred to as such because it was not there before we invaded for oil. Shall you also deny Cheney meeting with the big guys in oil? shall you deny the first thing we secured was oil fileds?

You are the perfect example of the right wing on here that acts as if they are some form of superior being that is better than everyone else and knows more than everyone because some moron said so.

your "common" information is only common to brainwashed puppets who take rush and becks word as fact

read this.......hmmmm no alqaeda iraq connection

Al Qaeda-Hussein Link Is Dismissed (washingtonpost.com)

Old 02-06-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Yes indeed, extraorinarily uneducated opinions and assumptions. ONe of the folks no doubt that believe Vietnam was a police action in the same manner as the same people believe terrorism is criminal and subject to civilian laws. If it was not so sad it would be funny.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Oh I am race baiting by commenting on a comment that said the president was only elected because he was black Please dont use the word fact when you dont have any. I said nothing about race except to call some one out who made a racist comment. Does it bother you when racism is called racism? It is quite clear by your post you are out of touch since apparently the "minority" "lunatics" had enough votes to elect a president.

Also the get a job comment is quite ASSuming as usual from you. Fact is I have not been without a job since I was 14. Fact is I run my own business. Fact is I provide other people jobs. Anything FACTUAL you would like to say? if not please stop replying to my thread as you are nothing but clutter
Yes, and perhaps those newspapers you are throwing in peoples yards are clutter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies