Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Click all that apply
I have smoked Marijuana before 105 63.25%
I have not smoked Marijuana before 43 25.90%
I believe Marijuana should be legal 98 59.04%
I believe Marijuana should stay illegal 25 15.06%
Other 7 4.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 06:59 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,448,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMathYou View Post
I want to see how many people, at least here on CD, have smoked Marijuana before.
No, never have. But then, I've never smoked anything. Perhaps it was because my parents were heavy cigarette smokers (and both died far too soon) that I have always stayed away from smoking.

However, if second-hand smoke counts ... freshman year in the dorms, the guys in the next room, a person couldn't walk into their room without taking an inadvertent hit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 07:22 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
No, never have. But then, I've never smoked anything. Perhaps it was because my parents were heavy cigarette smokers (and both died far too soon) that I have always stayed away from smoking.

However, if second-hand smoke counts ... freshman year in the dorms, the guys in the next room, a person couldn't walk into their room without taking an inadvertent hit.

Nuthin' like a free buzz!

Old 02-27-2010, 10:43 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
pot is what makes family guy funny

Old 02-27-2010, 10:57 AM

527 posts, read 467,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
My 78 YO mom uses it when she can't sleep. Her doc had prescribed pills, but they make her groggy the next day.

Many years ago, my grandmother, then 86, used it for the same reason. We always got a laugh when we thought of her firing up a doobie in her Seventh Day Adventist senior apartment house!
There was an article in the paper the other day that said that marijuana use by seniors has doubled in the past year-tripled in the 55 to 59 age bracket, no doubt some due to the aging of the boomer generation, also it is used by a lot of them to relieve chronic pain without having to use pills which they say apparently don't work as well to relieve the pain- the article featured an Air Force vet who says it has been the best thing he has found to relieve his chronic pain-

SO why don't they just go ahead and legalize the stuff already- talk about an economic stimulus for the country- taxing it, the agricultural industry could make a lot of money growing it- paper could be made from it thereby saving unneccessary clear cutting of trees- its just so stupid that it is illegal still-

Old 02-27-2010, 11:02 AM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,919 times
yup, I smoked the reefer. I live in a no smoking zone now so gave it up. But when I'm an old lady I plan to have a few more creamy delicious joints.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:08 AM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,919 times
D.L. Hughley visits California medical Marijuana dispensary

YouTube - D.L. Hughley visits California medical Marijuana dispensary

Good video. We need more coverage on it.

I don't know how many states have medical mj, but living in OR, knew a slew of people who had conditions that qualified them:

State of Oregon: Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP)

Old 02-27-2010, 11:10 AM

768 posts, read 942,752 times
Burning one as we speak. I'm not too concerned with whether or not the dopes want to keep enriching their pharma friends or make it legal.

Pot has been legal in my home since I was 18.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:48 AM

527 posts, read 467,697 times
I used to smoke occassionally socially or to relax at times, but as I got older there were fewer and fewer who sold it that I knew- I wouldn't necessarily want to buy any from someone I didn't know, so I stopped due to a lack of accessability more than anything- if they sold it at the gas station or the liquor store like cigarettes, I would no doubt buy some for occasional use to relax or as a social thing- much as my alcohol use-which is very limited

Old 02-27-2010, 12:30 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,641,468 times
Haven't read all the posts, so this fact may have already been mentioned, but....!! If you have never had sex while high, you have NEVER had sex. It multiplies the sensation 10 fold, and there is nothing in life that feels that good. Some of the people here who state they have never smoked, try it once with sex, and you will be totally hooked....!
Next subject, has anyone tried K2..? It's synthetic marijuana that is sold online and I've read some good reviews on it. It's legal until the Feds find out about it. I ordered a small amount to try it out. I'm old and give out, so I have no source for the real stuff, since I quite hanging with the younger set....
I've read several articles about K2, and they are trying to stop its sale because it works...!
google it if you have never heard of it before..
EastCoastHerbs bulk herbs, aromatherapy oils, incense and more!

Old 02-27-2010, 01:36 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,383,339 times
K-2 is incense treated with a chemical that simulates cannibinoids. I'm not one for chemicals. Ask your kids or grandkids where to get Mj (if you have them). You may also want to try growing your own if you have a place to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies