Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 12:45 PM

15,095 posts, read 8,636,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Wrong. Three quarters of the american public are disgusted with this administration. 75% Are Angry At Government’s Current Policies - Rasmussen Reports™
I'd say that this is a sign of the times and most people will agree that our nation is indeed in distress.
Absolutely. But you won't find too many agreeing with you in this crowd of anti-American communist left wing radicals ... they think the country is heading in the right direction .. communist/fascist dictatorship headed by a foreign national posing as an American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 12:54 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,974,215 times
The Tea Partiers may be large enough to sway local ellections but not strong or diverse enough to sway the presidential election.

When that group stops the name calling the president and start standing for true issues by putting together true resolutions for our countrys problems they would diversify and become more powerful. An all white tea party movement (as it stands today) is not going to do anything but embarass themselves in the longrun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The tea party is a grass roots group that the left seems to hate. they are so awful to want controlled spending and low taxes. Guess you have to be a KKK member to want to get spending under control and lower taxes.
the problem the left has with the Tea party is no matter how they try to marginalize them they do not understand that the tea party group is swaying elections. So you guys on the left keep on insulting them and calling them names, you will drive this voting block away from the Dem's.
you guys have not learned yet but there are more lessons to be taught in the next election

Old 02-10-2010, 01:01 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
The flag is just something Politicians wrap themselves in

Old 02-10-2010, 01:04 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
The Tea Partiers may be large enough to sway local ellections but not strong or diverse enough to sway the presidential election.

When that group stops the name calling the president and start standing for true issues by putting together true resolutions for our countrys problems they would diversify and become more powerful. An all white tea party movement (as it stands today) is not going to do anything but embarass themselves in the longrun.
The tea party is not all white nor is it all republicans.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:54 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,974,215 times
Please inform me of the multi racial and bi partisan statistics. Seriously! Give me information regarding their solutions to our problems. I thought they where the ones that had all of the nasty things to say about president obama race and called him a muslim. They also said that obamas pastor hated our country and white people.

I know these are not the main issues that they stand for but they have been quoted on tv as believing such.

Please help me to understand something different that what I understand.

Quote:
The tea party is not all white nor is it all republicans.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:54 PM

247 posts, read 380,033 times
As a VET that served this country, and risked my life for it -- I find it absolutely disgusting that this business owner is flying the flag upside down. It's shameful.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:58 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,767,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post

A suggestion, madam: Read up on your objects of disdain before you rant at them. I realize that may be a difficult thing for you to do, but at least try. Take a look-see at this: Tea Party movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia While I agree that the wiki sites are far less than what could be, it's a starting point.

"elections" (one "l")
"embarrass" (two "r's")
"country's" (possessive)
"long run" (either two words, or hyphenated)

Old 02-10-2010, 01:59 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Quote:
I back your right to believe what you wish no matter how wrong that belief is
Thanks

Old 02-10-2010, 02:01 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
How do you feel about flag burning and urinatiing on it
Freedom of speech?

Old 02-10-2010, 02:06 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,789,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Texas has VERY forgiving self-defense laws. Assaulting someone is a threat against their life. Even in NC where SD isn't as forgiving, the video filmed by the DA notes that brandishing a gun on someone who is preparing to assault you is a-ok, and shooting to kill when they try to jump you is still a-ok. Not the concealed carry instructor saying it, the DA on film saying it.

The "toothless redneck" might have to pony up about $10K on legal bills to guarantee an acquittal, but you'll be hurt, permanently injured or dead. Also civil cases aren't easy to win in Texas for aggressors so forget about getting too much $$$ from him.
You don't get it.

That toofless, ignorant, piece-of-crap redneck wouldn't have a chance to use a gun. He'd see my fist and be on the ground, knocked out. He can't use a gun when he's lying on the ground like a stupid hillbilly fool, bleeding from his face, drooling and gagging.

And if he tries to press charges against me, I'll just use the defense that I was defending myself and punched him as he was going for his gun to assault me. Also civil cases aren't easy to win in Texas for aggressors so he can forget about getting too much $$$ from me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies