Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 09:25 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times

Advertisements

75% Are Angry At Government’s Current Policies - Rasmussen Reports™

In a new Rasmussen poll, "75% of likely voters now say they are at least somewhat angry at the government’s current policies".

It doesn't even appear to be all that partisan an issue either...
Quote:
Americans are united in the belief “that the political system is broken, that most politicians are corrupt, and that neither major political party has the answers,”
I found this to be interesting...
Quote:
Male voters are definitely angrier than women. Voters earning $60,000 to $100,000 per year are more frustrated than those in any other income group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 09:38 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Disgust of Congress is about the only thing nonpartisan.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:47 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
I'm in the middle of the $60-$100k earning pool and I'm not unhappy at all.
What's to be frustrated about?

We make enough money that we're not scrambling and we can be comfortable.
The frustration is just related to greed.

I guess all of this frustration started on 20 Jan 2009; there was never anything to be frustrated about before then.
I'm sure.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:51 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Good old Rasmussen!

Old 02-10-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Good old Rasmussen!
All I'm getting out of that graph is that Rasmussen was about 2 percentage points higher on average than the other pollsters. That's not a valid reason to disregard all of their polling data IMO. They all showed the same trend minus that outlier past November.

So if we use your logic and extend the same patterns to this current poll, it's safe to assume that 73% of likely voters are angry with this administration. Still not a good number no matter how you choose to spin it.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
All I'm getting out of that graph is that Rasmussen was about 2 percentage points higher on average than the other pollsters. That's not a valid reason to disregard all of their polling data IMO. They all showed the same trend minus that outlier past November.

So if we use your logic and extend the same patterns to this current poll, it's safe to assume that 73% of likely voters are angry with this administration. Still not a good number no matter how you choose to spin it.
Ah, but that's not the case. Can't compare the consistent skew there to the consistent skew on the approval questions as they use different methodology.

Rasmussen skews to the right on a regular basis. Their Obama approve/disprove skews as much as 10 points on a regular basis. Read about their methodology and their "likely
voters" below:

Pollster.com: Why Is Rasmussen So Different?
Quote:
The reason: Likely voters are less likely to include young adults, people who [as] Tom mentioned were very supportive of the President. They are less likely to include minority voters who are, again, very strongly supportive of this President. And so the gap is consistent.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Ah, but that's not the case. Can't compare the consistent skew there to the consistent skew on the approval questions as they use different methodology.

Rasmussen skews to the right on a regular basis. Their Obama approve/disprove skews as much as 10 points on a regular basis. Read about their methodology and their "likely
voters" below:

Pollster.com: Why Is Rasmussen So Different?
Look from your link:

It still is only showing a 3-4 percentage point difference. You are failing to make your point to me.

And shock of shocks, FOX news appears to be right smack in the middle!

Old 02-10-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Look from your link:

It still is only showing a 3-4 percentage point difference. You are failing to make your point to me.

And shock of shocks, FOX news appears to be right smack in the middle!
That's not what I'm talking about.

Read the entire article with Rasmussen's comments on their "likely voters".

Old 02-10-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
That's not what I'm talking about.

Read the entire article with Rasmussen's comments on their "likely voters".
I did but that is irrelevant as it is inherently reflected in their polling data.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:12 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
75% Are Angry At Government’s Current Policies - Rasmussen Reports™

In a new Rasmussen poll, "75% of likely voters now say they are at least somewhat angry at the government’s current policies".

It doesn't even appear to be all that partisan an issue either...

I found this to be interesting...
sure its partisan if it weren't u would not here the same ole democrat this and that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies