Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2010, 02:08 PM

30,077 posts, read 18,686,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueIsraelite View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n-nT...eature=related

Well Well Well! Let's see what the sheeple say now.

I have a patient at the VA who was a demolition engineer in WW2. After the war, he entered engineering through the GI bill and made a career of demolitions, specializing in taking down large buildings. I asked him about the whack job contention that the World Trade Center Towers was an "inside job" and a planned demolition. I think he stopped laughing after about five minutes. The guy stopped working just seven years ago, so he is pretty current on the techniques, many of which he developed, to take down large buildings. He said it would take a crew of 200 men at least six months to plan, drill, and plant the charges for the Twin Towers to be demolished. He said that most likely, people working in the Twin Towers probably would have noticed those 200 guys drilling, planting charges and detonators, and generally moving office people around to do their job. I got the visual image and does really make one laugh when you try to picture that process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 02:29 PM

1,742 posts, read 3,118,188 times
World trade 7 had very few fires burning and the OWNER decides to "pull" it the same day?? How can that be accomplished?? It also fell into it's own footprint. How do you explain this?? It's not possible unless you had months to prepare. RP

Old 02-15-2010, 02:32 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,671,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
World trade 7 had very few fires burning and the OWNER decides to "pull" it the same day?? How can that be accomplished?? It also fell into it's own footprint. How do you explain this?? It's not possible unless you had months to prepare. RP
That building was burning up and heavily damaged. I don't know why you think there were "very few fires burning", but there were several large fires.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:38 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,841,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I have a patient at the VA who was a demolition engineer in WW2. After the war, he entered engineering through the GI bill and made a career of demolitions, specializing in taking down large buildings. I asked him about the whack job contention that the World Trade Center Towers was an "inside job" and a planned demolition. I think he stopped laughing after about five minutes. The guy stopped working just seven years ago, so he is pretty current on the techniques, many of which he developed, to take down large buildings. He said it would take a crew of 200 men at least six months to plan, drill, and plant the charges for the Twin Towers to be demolished. He said that most likely, people working in the Twin Towers probably would have noticed those 200 guys drilling, planting charges and detonators, and generally moving office people around to do their job. I got the visual image and does really make one laugh when you try to picture that process.

Um, DUH? Magic fairies and leprechauns are invisible? DUH? With their little magic jackhammers and invisible bombs made of pure, wild magic, I don't see an issue here. Did your engineer friend ever see a leprechaun or a fairy? No? Then he can't say they aren't REAL or NOT real since he can't prove it, can he?

I'm a leprechaun. I bet you guys didn't know that. You can't have my pot of gold. No. Not yours.

WILD MAGIC FAIRY BOMBS

Old 02-15-2010, 02:39 PM

1,742 posts, read 3,118,188 times
Did you look at the videos? There are very few areas on fire. These few fires would not damage the structural integrity of the building. No other steel building has ever collapsed, even one that burned for 11 days.
Dailymotion - Larry_Silverstein_Pull_It_1min - a News & Politics video

Old 02-15-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
Did you look at the videos? There are very few areas on fire. These few fires would not damage the structural integrity of the building. No other steel building has ever collapsed, even one that burned for 11 days.
Dailymotion - Larry_Silverstein_Pull_It_1min - a News & Politics video
I was in NY and watched that building burn then collapse on local news. It was HEAVILY damaged. Besides the fires, it was torn up from gigantic chunks of falling debris from the towers. There was a 10-20 story gigantic gash torn out of one side of the building from debris. There were major fires burning on several floors there - they pulled the NYFD out of there a few hours before it collapsed because the fires were too out of control and unsafe.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:06 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,400,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueIsraelite View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n-nT...eature=related

Well Well Well! Let's see what the sheeple say now.
Hopefully the OP is not a police detective and I pray the OP never serves on a jury deciding someone's life.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:19 PM

357 posts, read 800,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
Fire collapses buildings everyday. Why do people think a plane had to hit 7 for it to come down?
Really? But what about steel reinforced buildings? The first and only time in history this happened was on 9/11...and to 3 separate buildings no less! I guess Al-CIA-duh was able to temporarily suspend the laws of physics that morning! Damn them!

Old 02-15-2010, 03:21 PM

357 posts, read 800,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
pulling is a demolition term fro PULLING IT DOWN, it have NOTHING to do with explosives

Uhhh...so they pulled the building down with ropes and pulleys?

Old 02-15-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozlo View Post
Really? But what about steel reinforced buildings? The first and only time in history this happened was on 9/11...and to 3 separate buildings no less! I guess Al-CIA-duh was able to temporarily suspend the laws of physics that morning! Damn them!
When steel buildings have gigantic gashes cut into the sides of them from debris, it tends to make them a bit unstable and more susceptible to even more structural weakening due to fire.

Your comparison to other buildings burning yet not collapsing does not hold water. You cannot compare this event to other fires in steel buildings... unless the other steel buildings also had heavy structural damage and fires fueled by jet fuel. This was not an ordinary fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies