Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 08:20 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times

Advertisements

Can anybody please explain what leads people this young to commit such heinous acts? This case in particular shocked me not only because of the age of the two people involved but the brutality of the act, especially when a little kid was involved. Please help me understand what goes through the mind of these people I try to understand it rationally, I still cant!

KSTP TV - Minneapolis and St. Paul - Teen charged in Mpls. killings goes on trial (http://kstp.com/news/stories/S803884.shtml?cat=206 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 08:29 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,387,181 times
Thug idiots. People with morals probably couldn't understand, and it isn't really important. Get them into the hoosgow as soon as possible.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:37 AM

10 posts, read 15,273 times
Black. Huge surprise there.

Black men are what, 7% of the population...? What is their percentage of violent crime?

The fact the problem with Black crime isn't dealt with head-on is ridiculous... How many more people need to die for the sake of political correctness?

Old 03-22-2009, 11:00 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
I think that they do it for their 15 minutes of fame on tv & for the approval of their peers. It could also be for the rush of power that they have over their victims. Or they may just be bored.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:03 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
I wonder how many have been exposed to drugs. Prenatal drugs and prescription drugs, and also drugs like meth that make people crazy fast.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:04 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWilliams2003 View Post
Black. Huge surprise there.

Black men are what, 7% of the population...? What is their percentage of violent crime?

The fact the problem with Black crime isn't dealt with head-on is ridiculous... How many more people need to die for the sake of political correctness?
I really wanted to keep the "race" part out of the discussion but it is almost inevitable. Are these kids growing up without any guidance, morals or values or what is the real problem? I can't imagine at 17 thinking about killing people over money, I was thinking about future, college and SAT's. At the same time, I feel privileged for having parents who were educated and had values, morals and taught me right from wrong. What kind of parents do these kids have? It is very sad!

Old 03-22-2009, 11:09 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
What kind of parents raise these type of kids? It is very sad!
I think most times there is no strong parental influence guiding these kids. There are probably many reasons for this but if they were from a single parent household then I'd think that the one parent has to work a couple jobs & is probably too tired at the end of the work day to take an active interest in their childrens' lives. So the kids probably latch onto who they see as a strong male figure in their community & try to emulate them & win their approval.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:09 AM

Yes I don't think it has anything to do with race but of values and lack of values.

Black kids with 2 loving parents providing guidance and stressing the importance of education and work do not have crime rates any higher than others.

This has a lot to do with a welfare mentality that teaches that you're entitled to what others have and work for. Single mothers being paid to have children that they have for that reason alone, it gets them welfare handouts.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
I think most times there is no strong parental influence guiding these kids. There are probably many reasons for this but if they were from a single parent household then I'd think that the one parent has to work a couple jobs & is probably too tired at the end of the work day to take an active interest in their childrens' lives. So the kids probably latch onto who they see as a strong male figure in their community & try to emulate them & win their approval.
I very much doubt that these kids had a mother working 2 jobs each.

I would bet money they come from welfare mothers. Plenty of children of all races have working mothers and do not murder children and their mother. I also think there's a good possiblity that their minds were ruined before or shortly after birth from some kind of chemical. Drug addicted mothers.

The other possibility is these kids learned physical violence at a very young age, were raped, beaten by mothers' boyfriends and live in lovers and the mothers themselves.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,879 times
Excuse me, what does being black have to do with it? How many parents are killed by white kids, how many school rampages shootings are committed by white students, how many times have you heard black kids killing their families, parents, shooting and killing 25 people in colleges, or just at random.

So give me a break......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies